METAL GEAR SOLID HD COLLECTION XBOX 360 $24.99 on XBOX LIVE

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 BAMKICKSASS

BAMKICKSASS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

This is my first thread :D saw it on live today. So I wanted to share with everyone sorry if it been posted already.
http://marketplace.x...15-d8024b4e0840

Share your thoughts deal or no deal. I'm debating whether to wait for it to hit $19.99 but $24.99 is the cheapest I've seen it yet especially through xbox live lol :bouncy:

EDIT: The deal is only for Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3. Doesn't include Peace Walker my bad for the mix up.

Edited by BamNanas, 22 August 2012 - 06:42 PM.

#2 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:28 PM

Doesn't look like Peace Walker is included, so I'll keep waiting for the disc version to drop.

#3 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:28 PM

$10-$15 cheaper than the boxed version. I think I would bite at $15, though.

#4 Ham Salad 360

Ham Salad 360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

This download only includes Disc 1, which is MGS2 and MGS3.

Disc 2 (Peace Walker) will be made available for purchase separately, probably for the same price.

#5 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

Why get it digitally when you can have a physical copy for $5 bucks more. Then you can be guaranteed to play it if xbox live goes out of service.

Where do you see it being sold for $30 at a reputable source? MSRP is currently $40 and Amazon has it for $35.

#6 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

No Peace Walker. Just 2 and 3. OP needs a title change.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#7 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

This download only includes Disc 1, which is MGS2 and MGS3.

Disc 2 (Peace Walker) will be made available for purchase separately, probably for the same price.

Oh, that sucks. Didn't even notice. Buyer beware I guess.

#8 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

It was $29.99 on PS3 and xbox on amazon 48 hours ago. Price just readjusted in the last 48 hours.

It will be back at $29.99 within days though. Its been $30 off and on for a very long time.

Irrelevant comparison now that I know Peace Walker is not in it. My bad.

Yeah, I would spend $5 more and get Peace Walker.

#9 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:10 PM

It shouldn't even be called MSG- hd collection, it should be called MSG-HD collection 1/2

gt+Atheist+don+t+believe+in+anything+rel

#10 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:18 PM

Saw this on the dashboard. Looked at the description and like everyone said, it is missing the PSP game.

Would have been a better deal if it was the entire hd collection. +1 for the physical disc version.

#11 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

Ya that's a super deceptive title for them to put it on the Marketplace under that name.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#12 Skydude

Skydude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

Well technically that IS the title of the game, as far as the discs and achievements go. So I don't know about super deceptive...but somewhat, at least.
Posted Image

#13 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:48 PM

Well technically that IS the title of the game, as far as the discs and achievements go. So I don't know about super deceptive...but somewhat, at least.

Really? What is the other disc called, MGS: Peace Walker?

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#14 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:53 PM

Really? What is the other disc called, MGS: Peace Walker?

On xbox yeah. On PS3 its all on one disc.

needler420.png

#15 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:04 PM

It shouldn't even be called MSG- hd collection, it should be called MSG-HD collection 1/2

PW comes out next week for PS3 and 360, but Konami's press release says the digital download bundle that includes MGS2, MGS3 and PW will be a PS3 exclusive.

#16 Kazuya

Kazuya

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:10 PM

Why get it digitally when you can have a physical copy for $5 bucks more. Then you can be guaranteed to play it if xbox live goes out of service.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to be connected to Xbox Live to play these.

#17 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:15 PM

I'm pretty sure you don't have to be connected to Xbox Live to play these.

Once a digital service goes under you don't lose what's already downloaded till the HDD corrupts or the system.

Another words when ever the day comes that xbox live shuts down you can only play the game on the HDD it was downloaded to.

Anyone who owns a physical copy doesn't have to depend on the servers they can just repurchase a new/used console.

It works the same way with the PSN and most digital services. In general you don't have to be on xbox live to play it though. Just to initially download and probably install it.

needler420.png

#18 Kazuya

Kazuya

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

Once a digital service goes under you don't lose what's already downloaded till the HDD corrupts or the system.

Another words when ever the day comes that xbox live shuts down you can only play the game on the HDD it was downloaded to.

Anyone who owns a physical copy doesn't have to depend on the servers they can just repurchase a new/used console.

Its works the same way with the PSN and most digital services.

Yeah, and if your dad steps on your physical copy you're SOL, meanwhile I have an indestructible digital copy I can access anywhere. Both formats have pros and cons. The hoarders are always so worried about digital copies expiring, even though there is no evidence this will happen. Xbox Live has been around for 10 years now and seems poised for at least another ten with a new console looming. If I can't play Metal Gear Solid 2 in the year 2150 I'm sure I'll survive on all the other things I liked to do when I grew up and out of Mom's basement.

#19 sonnyforple

sonnyforple

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

It works the same way with the PSN and most digital services. In general you don't have to be on xbox live to play it though. Just to initially download and probably install it.

This needs to read by those who wish or don't care if 100% digital distribution becomes true with consoles. You rights are limited with digital downloads and should reflect in price. Vote with your wallet, buy the retail disk unless you are getting at least > 50% savings.

#20 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

Yeah, and if your dad steps on your physical copy you're SOL, meanwhile I have an indestructible digital copy I can access anywhere. Both formats have pros and cons. The hoarders are always so worried about digital copies expiring, even though there is no evidence this will happen. Xbox Live has been around for 10 years now and seems poised for at least another ten with a new console looming. If I can't play Metal Gear Solid 2 in the year 2150 I'm sure I'll survive on all the other things I liked to do when I grew up and out of Mom's basement.

You must have missed the memo to what happened to the first xbox live service.

needler420.png

#21 Kazuya

Kazuya

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:33 PM

You must have missed the memo to what happened to the first xbox live service.

Oh please, it wasn't anything like the current version. And again, there is no evidence that the current services are going to stop... except for the paranoid delusions of people who think they will be gaming in the retirement home.

#22 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

op u should just edit the thread title.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#23 Calinks

Calinks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

Haha, if there is a great deal on Xbox Live there is always a catch! Those guys dont give away anything.
Follow me, @Calinks3 Twitter to talk Games, MMA, TV

#24 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:42 PM

I still consider this a deal since its $5 more on the PSN for the 2 games.

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#25 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

So, is this a good place to step into the MGS world? I've never played any of em cept the NES version.
Posted Image

#26 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:30 PM

Disc version, which you physically own, has been $19.99 a few times. This is not a deal.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#27 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

Oh please, it wasn't anything like the current version. And again, there is no evidence that the current services are going to stop... except for the paranoid delusions of people who think they will be gaming in the retirement home.

There have been countless cases of people not being able to re-download digital games/music/movies/etc. they've purchased on XBL/PSN/Amazon/etc. due to expired licenses/etc. and not getting their money back. The fools here are the ones who buy the digital copies of media that they DO NOT own and can't resell.

Currently playing:

#28 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

So, is this a good place to step into the MGS world? I've never played any of em cept the NES version.

MGS3, does not require any previous knowledge as it is a prequel and it is probably my favorite out of the series. It's been a while since I've played 2 and it was my first MGS game, but if I recall correctly they do pretty well to fill in the gaps. I haven't touched Peace Walker so not sure about that one.

#29 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:03 AM

MGS2 was a good starting place for me, but MGS3 is the better game.

Currently playing:

#30 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:00 AM

$14.99 for PS3 for me... I will wait.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]