Tales of Graces f (PS3) $39.99 at GS

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

Tales of Graces f is listed at $39.99 in this week's GS Weekly Ad. Not sure if this is a one-week sale or MSRP drop but this is the cheapest this game has been since launch in March. Only GS and BB stocked this at retail if I remember correctly.

http://www.gamestop....-graces-f/92854

Edited by MSUHitman, 23 August 2012 - 04:54 PM.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#2 mtincher

mtincher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:09 PM

It is tempting to pick it up at this price. I doubt it will get much cheaper. I despise the storylines of Tales games, but the combat is really fun.

#3 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:13 PM

It is tempting to pick it up at this price. I doubt it will get much cheaper. I despise the storylines of Tales games, but the combat is really fun.

Combat in Graces is better than other Tales games, so I've heard. I've only beaten Vesperia, and ya the combat was better. Story was okay but cheesy.

Kinda drags on at the end. Plowed through the F arc of the game. I'd recommend it still.

Posted Image

#4 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

Tales of Graces f is listed at $39.99 in this week's GS Weekly Ad. Not sure if this is a one-week sale or MSRP drop but this is the cheapest this game has been since launch in March. Only GS and BB stocked this at retail if I remember correctly.

It's listed below "Price Drops" in the ad, so I'd say this is the latter.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2; MGS3 HD [Speed Run for Vita Platinum]  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/20]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#5 Orangekun842

Orangekun842

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:25 PM

It's super chiche but still fun.

#6 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

if I didnt get into tales of the abyss on my 3DS, is this any better?

#7 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

Finally, a UNI drop. I must mention tales of vesperia for 360 was number 1 jrpg of this generation for me. While I'm not too thrilled that this an enhanced port of the wii version, it doesn't really hOld up well in terms of graphics compare to ToV. But I'm willing to give it a try for cheapass price. Never on full admission.

#8 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

Glad to see it go down in price. Was gonna get this once it was cheaper & was close to finishing Vesperia up.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

The combat is much better. The story is much worse.

I enjoyed it.
Posted Image

#10 Xiemos

Xiemos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

Big fan of the Tales series here. The combat was a blast (especially on higher difficulties). The story (and most of the cast) however, was absolutely dreadful. I know Tales games are walking anime cliches in video game form, but you just couldn't get more cliche than this. It was downright insulting the amount of hand-holding they do telling you this predictable story.

Without spoiling anything, lets just say that someone turns evil very early on, but the cast doesn't "get it (or put it together)" until literally near the end of the game.

This is the first Tales game that I just can't replay, but I did get around 80 hours out of it doing mostly everything, so that's a plus. It did drag on towards the end though.

#11 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

If it was $20 or 30 I would bit. I heard good things about this game.

#12 cag1000

cag1000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:25 PM

No US LE?

#13 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

No US LE?

Nope, only Europe, which releases on 8/31.

#14 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

I think Abyss is considered the 3rd best Tales game in the West, with Vesperia as No. 1 & Symphonia as No. 2.

So which has the worst story/characters/cliche anime story; Graces or Valkyria Chronicles 2?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#15 gmsick

gmsick

SAY IT WITH YA CHEST

• Silenced

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

I think Abyss is considered the 3rd best Tales game in the West, with Vesperia as No. 1 & Symphonia as No. 2.

So which has the worst story/characters/cliche anime story; Graces or Valkyria Chronicles 2?

I think symphonia is number 1 here. It sold more & had better reviews than vesperia. I'm playing vesperia now. Its good just not as good as symphonia imo. Gonna play graces after. I have to say that the stories don't carry the tales games. They are pretty generic. The batlle systems are great though.

#16 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

Eh, I'd put Abyss at #2 and Symphonia at #3, but then again, I haven't played Graces F yet and it wouldn't be the first time I loved something others didn't as much. :razz:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2; MGS3 HD [Speed Run for Vita Platinum]  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/20]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#17 soundcell

soundcell

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

The combat is much better. The story is much worse.

I enjoyed it.

How could the story get more abysmal than Vesperia? I have played both Vesperia and Graces F and found Vesperia to have the worse story of the two. and Karol is just so god damned annoying and awful.

Oh and Symphonia is considered #1 and Abyss is considered #2 best Tales game.

#18 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

No US LE?

I remember Zavii has a pretty kick ass EU LE.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#19 itsdrea

itsdrea

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

does it usually take long for tales game to to drop? $39.99 is still a little high for me since I have a backlog of games.

#20 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

Please do the right thing, people: submit the price match to Amazon! Here, I'll even give you a link to the product page: http://www.amazon.co...les of graces f

#21 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

I tried giving Vesperia a chance twice but it just bored the hell out of me. Lost Odyssey is by far my #1 jrpg of this gen.

#22 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

If the European version isn't region locked, I think it would be better to just wait for the LE of this to get cheap.

#23 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:54 PM

If the European version isn't region locked, I think it would be better to just wait for the LE of this to get cheap.

It shouldn't be. Ps3s aren't region locked on games. The DLC that comes with it you won't be able to claim though...

Posted Image

#24 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

It shouldn't be. Ps3s aren't region locked on games. The DLC that comes with it you won't be able to claim though...

The LE has EU DLC in it? I thought it was just artbook and stuff

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#25 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

The LE has EU DLC in it? I thought it was just artbook and stuff

It's just the same stuff that was given out as a pre-order bonus for the US version. Also, you can redeem it if you have a EU PSN account. It doesn't take long to set up. I have 4 accounts total: US, EU, Asia, and Japanese since I import from those regions.

http://www.zavvi.com...n/10456887.html

Day-One Special Edition

In addition to the game itself, the Day-One edition of Tales of Graces f - created especially for fans across Europe and Asia Pacific - highlights the artistic talents involved in the game and includes:

• The Original Soundtrack
  • Behind the Scenes Videos
  • High quality hardback art book
  • Newly designed folded box
  • A special DLC is also included with original costumes from Tales of Destiny 2 and a custom PlayStation 3 theme

#26 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

^Thanks Barrit

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#27 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

How could the story get more abysmal than Vesperia? I have played both Vesperia and Graces F and found Vesperia to have the worse story of the two. and Karol is just so god damned annoying and awful.

Oh and Symphonia is considered #1 and Abyss is considered #2 best Tales game.

Um... because Yuri is better than that dweeb Asbel for one.
Posted Image

#28 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

Not as low as I want it to be, but given that only one gamestop near me has it, I guess I'll give it a go. Thanks OP

#29 deviousnaraku

deviousnaraku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:15 PM

Stopped by both Best Buy and GS on my way home from work. BB didn't have it and both "new" copies at GS (gutted of course) had scratched disks and beat up cases (definitely not new). Anyhow, still wondering if I should wait and/or try to get the Eruo SE edition instead.

Please do the right thing, people: submit the price match to Amazon! Here, I'll even give you a link to the product page: http://www.amazon.co...les of graces f

Yes please, everyone help! Would rather get it from Amazon (no tax + free shipping).

#30 scottc1s

scottc1s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

I love this game. If you are in desperate need for a good JRPG this game will satisfy your hunger. I like this game wayyyy better than vesperia. There has not been very many JRPGs this gen of consoles. And very few that are even good. Tales of graces F is one of the best for the PS3.
Posted Image