The Sheamus Appreciation Wrestling Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
506 replies to this topic

#1 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:25 PM

Last thread was locked, nobody made a new one before the lock.

Everybody's favorite Mania match! :lol:

#2 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

Hah. This may be the best one since the Undertaker's Horse thread.

...there actually was a brief period where I liked Sheamus. I was digging his feud with Mark Henry, and not just because you could use their matches to set the contrast on your TV. It was just a cool feud with no belts between two guys who were both being pushed as bad ass motherfuckers, and they were completely different. Plus they weren't afraid to actually put one of them over clean on more than one occasion, which is always nice in a feud where you don't necessarily expect it.

But yeah, at this point he's Orton 2.0. You can envision Vince or whoever talking to him before his matches now. Be sure to pound your chest and do that pose. Get the crowd to chant with your finisher. Don't have any personality unless that personality is "generic nice guy who acts smarmy to heels."
Posted Image

#3 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

I don't know that I've *ever* appreciated Sheamus.

In fact, I view SmackDown as the Orton/Sheamus/Del Rio/Henry show. They will forever reek of SmackDown to me, even when they're on Raw. I don't mind Del Rio, but I can't stand the other three. All Del Rio seems to do is feud with Orton or Sheamus and it's annoying.

SmackDown really needs new life.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

SmackDown really needs new life.

SmackDown hasn't been the same for me ever since the SmackDown Six.

#5 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:47 PM

...there actually was a brief period where I liked Sheamus. I was digging his feud with Mark Henry, and not just because you could use their matches to set the contrast on your TV.

:lol: Dude must use some really strong sunblock.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#6 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

From the IGN article.. WWE '13 just went from a bargain bin purchase to a day one buy:

THQ’s enhancements and additions don’t end there either. Though the developer has yet to unveil its Universe Mode for this year, it has shared its latest addition to its Creative Suite. In addition to creating rings, players will now be able to customize their own stage sets, even going so far as altering designs past and present. Did you like the Smackdown (’01 - ’08) set that featured a fist smashing through glass? Maybe you don’t want the fist there though. Maybe you want to paste a giant Summerslam logo on the entrance platform. You can do that - and plenty more. For those wanting to adjust every last detail of WWE ’13’s wrestling world, THQ will allow that - plus the ability to share those creations with the community online.

Posted Image

#7 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

Yeah, let's just hope they fix the fucking servers. That really hampered my enjoyment of the Community Creations thing last year. Honestly, yeah, the tools are great... but I'm entirely too busy and/or lazy to make anything myself. So, if they could put forth better tools AND the ability for me to actually download them, that'd be just fine.

#8 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

Posted Image

#9 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

Tyler Reks asked for his release and it has been granted. Son of a bitch. Him and Curt Hawkins were easily my favorite current tag team. I see Curt Hawkins being the next one to go, which also sucks big time. I'm really bummed.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#10 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:03 PM

Tyler Reks asked for his release and it has been granted. Son of a bitch. Him and Curt Hawkins were easily my favorite current tag team. I see Curt Hawkins being the next one to go, which also sucks big time. I'm really bummed.

That's weird timing, especially since they just introduced their Magic Mike gimmick a week ago.

I know him (and Hawkins... and others) have been frustrated though. Hopefully he goes to Japan or something to improve himself and doesn't just sit around then become part of Aces and Eights 2.0 in 90 days.

It doesn't seem like WWE is releasing people that often so I'm not so worried about Hawkins, but he needs to find a way to break through because he is really talented. Maybe him and Trent Barreta could team up or something.

Edit: Rex is essentially retired for now and is trying to be a family man:

I just want to say thank you to WWE, Inc. for allowing me to be part of an incredible entertainment experience. On Monday, I asked for my release and the company was gracious enough to grant my request.

I realized recently that being a Superstar means sacrificing certain things, including time with my family. As a new father, my heart broke every time I had to leave to go on the road. I didn't ever want to miss another moment with my daughter, so I made the decision to be a full time dad and hang up my boots.

I will miss everyone in the locker room tremendously as they have all become a second family to me. I want to thank my coaches and teachers that really helped me along the way: Fit Finlay, Arn Anderson, Edge, Christian, Kane, Jericho, Dr. Tom, Norman Smiley, and Billy Kidman.

I also want to thank my boys. You know who you are. Especially though, a huge thank you to Hawkins. You were like a brother to me the last year and I'll miss you and will always love you bro. I wish you the best and thanks for understanding that I had to go be a dad. When she's older, and able to realize what happened, I know Mia will thank you as well.

Thanks to all the dedicated fans of #ReksAndHawkins and to The #RekkingCrew. I would never have survived without you.

For anyone interested, I am currently the owner of an Internet Marketing Company that specializes in Search Engine Optimization, Pay-Per-Click, Website Design, and Reputation Management. You can find my company here:

http://www.localm2.com/

If you need any of our services, don't hesitate to contact me. And yes, there's even a cartoon on the multimedia page ;)

#11 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:16 PM

If family is the core issue for Reks leaving, I can respect that. Wrestling is a brutal business for family life and if he wants to pursue other lines of work because of that then more power to him.

#12 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

It doesn't seem like WWE is releasing people that often so I'm not so worried about Hawkins, but he needs to find a way to break through because he is really talented. Maybe him and Trent Barreta could team up or something.

Yeah, like Seamus!

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Luther season 3
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#13 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

If family is the core issue for Reks leaving, I can respect that. Wrestling is a brutal business for family life and if he wants to pursue other lines of work because of that then more power to him.

Exactly... this is always an acceptable reason. Speaking of, anyone know if Monty Brown ever got back into the ring, or has he actually stayed gone since he left WWE?

#14 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

Yeah, like Seamus!

Uh... okay. Not sure what point you're trying to make since Sheamus is pretty much the exception to the norm.

But I guess we can continue to appreciate how Sheamus, despite hitting the gym with HHH, has a unique look, is agile for his size, has unique and marketable characteristics (sorry other Irish fellas, the quote is now full!), and gets crowds to respond to him even if the IWC doesn't want to! Yeah! That's a great comparison for Curt Hawkins!

#15 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:16 PM

Relax, t'was a joke. Serus Seamus bidnes.

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Luther season 3
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#16 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:32 PM

Exactly... this is always an acceptable reason. Speaking of, anyone know if Monty Brown ever got back into the ring, or has he actually stayed gone since he left WWE?

I think he's stayed gone, but that's based on me not hearing anything. So I could be wrong.

I thought he was good as a "sports entertainer" - great personality and charisma, but nothing amazing in the ring. I do remember enjoying his work despite that.

I don't know what to believe w/r/t Reks. If people see that the company is never going to do anything with them and wish to leave voluntarily, good for them. More people should be willing to do that.

(what I mean is that, while he might say "family" is the reason, and that may be true to some degree, if he ever received anything resembling a push or higher placement on the card, we wouldn't be discussing him quitting today.)

And let's not say "he asked for his release." That gives WWE too much power. He quit. Reks made that call. Good for him to stand up for himself in that way.
Posted Image

#17 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

Relax, t'was a joke. Serus Seamus bidnes.

Posted Image

#18 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

Hey, guess who's injured again?

Spoiler

Posted Image

#19 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

Guy can't stay in the ring. Feel kind of bad for him, my family and I have always been Rey marks.

#20 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:20 PM

If Rey didn't move so much merchandise, he'd have gotten his walking paper sa long time ago. Sucks that he's so injury-prone and broken down these days.

#21 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Hey, guess who's injured again?

Just fucking retire already. Seriously. He's not been interesting since his WCW days anyway.

Managing Editor - Frontburnr

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#22 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Image

#23 BlueSwim

BlueSwim

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:31 PM

That's weird timing, especially since they just introduced their Magic Mike gimmick a week ago.

I know him (and Hawkins... and others) have been frustrated though. Hopefully he goes to Japan or something to improve himself and doesn't just sit around then become part of Aces and Eights 2.0 in 90 days.

Edit: Rex is essentially retired for now and is trying to be a family man:

Someone took that Street Fighter II insult a liiiiiittle too seriously.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=2266
Menage a 3 - It's like Archie without the bullshit.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=7899
Eerie Cuties - Vampires in high school. Don't worry, no sparkling.

Posted Image
Twitter - Bitter. Spiteful. Funky.

#24 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:31 PM

I haven't watched WWE since Mania, should I bother to start back up? I could barely stand 2 hours of raw, Idk how I'll do 3.

#25 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

No.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#26 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

If I had a DVR I'd tape Raw and watch the matches. I enjoyed Jericho vs. Ziggler from Monday. It just sucked that I had to surf the internet through all the crap leading up to it.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#27 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:58 PM

I have seen some skit with Bryan and some diva BITCH and CM Punk, had to be one of the worst things I've ever seen on WWE.

#28 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:06 PM

This should be the Dolph Ziggler Athletic Sex Appreciation Wrestling Thread:

Comedienne Amy Schumer was on the Howard Stern show today and revealed that she used to date WWE Superstar Dolph Ziggler. Stern asked Schumer several questions about the relationship, mostly about sex, and Schumer said she had to break up with Ziggler because the sex was too athletic and he was throwing her around like they were wrestling. She texted him to break up and found out that Ziggler was a real sweetheart and that she hurt him. She said she still likes him, but they aren't meant to be together

Comedienne Amy Schumer was on The Howard Stern Show today on Sirius XM (she was just recently on the Roseanne roast on Comedy Central where many said she had the best set) and they were talking about her dating life.

Schumer currently dates another comedian, but she recently admitted dating a wrestler. Stern pressed on about who it was, then she said it was a Monday Night Raw guy, and eventually said his real name was Nick Nemeth, then just flat out said it was Dolph Ziggler.

The conversation went on for over 15 minutes on an off. She dated him for 3 months after he courted her on Twitter. He even had his followers start following her to get her attention. Eventually they met up in Arizona when WWE was there and she had a gig. They hooked up the first time they met in person according to her.

She complemented Ziggler a lot, said he was in ridiculous shape, and really appreciated the business and what they do. She attended a PPV as well. Amy also said she thought Dolph was falling in love with her, but ultimately she still had feelings for an ex-boyfriend still.

She broke up with him over Skype, and said the next day she saw him on the net with his arm around an ex-girlfriend.

Once again, she really said he was a great guy and enjoyed the relationship. They eventually posted a photo of him on the video screens in the studio and Howard was impressed and Robin was excited and called him a pretty boy.

After explaining her brief split with boyfriend--and fellow roaster--Anthony Jeselnik (“He was not attentive enough.”), Amy said he had to win her back: “I was [already] dating somebody else. I had a boyfriend. A wrestler.” Howard demanded to know who, so Amy revealed it was WWE star Dolph Ziggler: “The sex was too athletic. Always. [But] the first time, I was like, ‘Oh, this is cool. Nobody’s ever ragdolled me.He was spinning me like a Globetrotter.

#29 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:34 PM

Second the motion to rename this the Dolph Ziggler Sexual Appreciation Thread.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#30 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

That is a "Dolph Ziggler bumps hard / But harder in bed" meme just waiting to happen.

Obvious statement of the day: Rey Jr. needs to retire. The extra muscle he chose to add and carry for many years had to decrease his longevity. If Keiji Mutoh has bad knees, Rey's knees must be as torn to shreds. While I have said he has become incredibly boring, I respect that he chose to adapt his ring-style to better his health. That's one facet of WWE I do appreciate. (Probably the only facet.)

Sheamus has not been interesting since his heel push in the WWE-lead, bastard version of "ECW." He, Drew McIntyre, and Randy Orton are all forgettable. Sheamus might as well change his name to "Tyler Reks II." The only difference between Reks and Sheamus is Sheamus did his due diligence by carrying Triple H's gym bag and licking his jock.

And I have some respect for Reks. Wrasslin is a crazy career. Good for him that he had a realization that he is a boy, she is a girl, and that it couldn't be anymore obvious. Or, in short, he was a surfer boy, and said see you later boy.
Spoiler