Death Note DVD Sets 1 & 2: less than $10 per set @ DeepDiscount & DVDPlanet

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#1 WTK

WTK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:44 AM

Courtesy of some sort of unadvertised Viz Media sale (also @ DeepDiscount.com but a bit higher price) and the upcoming MSRP reduction (from $69.97 to $24.98).

Will ship in 5-10 business days (which means they are currently not in-stock)

And we have our answer. The discounted price for both DP and DD were because of the Labor Day sale. I guess the price went effective way early.

- http://www.dvdplanet....cfm?roomID=172
- http://www.deepdisco.../labor-day-sale | coupon code: LABOR12

The Labor Day sale expires on September 4th.

EDIT: Death Note DVD Boxsets update | they are discounted once more

EDIT 2:

Edited by WTK, 19 September 2012 - 12:29 AM.

#2 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:02 AM

Is this the entire series?

Edit: Looked it up, guess this is the entire series. Wonder why it is so cheap.

Is DVDPlanet.com a reputable site?

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#3 Count Van Ghoul

Count Van Ghoul

Past The Mission

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:06 AM

Is this the entire series?

Edit: Looked it up, guess this is the entire series. Wonder why it is so cheap.

Is DVDPlanet.com a reputable site?

Yesh, HIGHLY reputable. I used to use them all the time. Time to time they always have the most insane deals ever on anime, I remember scoring Pokemon volumes 1 through 17 for like 20 dollars total.

I have a blog where I review (usually terrible) movies for your enjoyment.  Come check it out at http://aghoulversus.blogspot.com/

#4 Frahps

Frahps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:32 AM

Oh wow THANK YOU for that deal!! Never used the site, so glad to see that it's not another Deep Discount. I've missed out on all the deals on these, and this is an AMAZING price!

#5 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:47 AM

Ended up ordering these and the Supernatural anime on DVD. It was only a little more then what Rihtstuf has it for.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#6 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:55 AM

Yesh, HIGHLY reputable. I used to use them all the time. Time to time they always have the most insane deals ever on anime, I remember scoring Pokemon volumes 1 through 17 for like 20 dollars total.

Ok thanks for the assurance.

Thanks OP for posting the deal. I looked online and found that if your order is $35+ the shipping is free. Although it was pretty cheap to begin with ($1.99).

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#7 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:57 AM

I have a hunch dvdplanet priced the wrong Death Note DVDs for the $7.xx price. If you notice all of the titles of the Rightstuff Viz Warner Anime sale are on sale on dvdplanet for just $2-$3 more. Rightstuff has the DeathNote Relight sets on sale for $5......

If you ate questioning getting these, I would jump on it.

Btw, anyone know usually how long something takes to return to stock?

Ehhh..reading the prices below it may not be an error. Nvm then. Still awesome price.

rm8ylt.gif

#8 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:02 AM

Hmmm, can anyone chime in if the OVAs are necessary or recommended? They recap the two arcs of the series with additional scenes to fill in plot holes.

Death Note: Re-Light, Vol. 1 - Visions of a God [2 Discs] $5.45
Death Note: Relight 2 - L's Successors $5.40

*Edit Just noticed they're $5.00 each over at the RightStuf VIZ Media & Warner Anime sale but I'm not gonna make a separate purchase.

#9 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:30 AM

I ordered. I've been holding out for a Blu release but this price is just too good. I'm worried about the back order though, what are the odds our orders are canceled?

#10 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

Had to order this. I'd love it on Blu-ray, but it's pretty much already at its peak quality here anyway. The only change would be going from 2.0 to 5.0 surround sound, but that alone doesn't really warrant a Blu-ray release.

Great price for a great anime. Thanks.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#11 WTK

WTK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

Oh wow THANK YOU for that deal!! Never used the site, so glad to see that it's not another Deep Discount. I've missed out on all the deals on these, and this is an AMAZING price!

FYI DeepDiscount and DVDPlanet are basically sister sites to each other. They are both owned by the same people: Super D.

#12 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:06 PM

I ordered. I've been holding out for a Blu release but this price is just too good. I'm worried about the back order though, what are the odds our orders are canceled?

If you ordered when it's backordered, it'll be a pretty high chance your order will get canceled. If you got in on the deal early, there's a better chance it won't be canceled, but still a slight chance. It's kind of hit and miss with a lot of the items they have on sale on their sites. Sometimes it goes through, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes they claim what they had listed was incorrect, and then cancel your order, deactivate the item, then re-list it under a different product number in their system at the right price. I've gotten plenty of deals in the past from both these sites, but I've had just as many orders canceled as well. The only problem with these companies is that they hold onto your order for a very long time as well if there is an issue, and refunds generally take awhile for them to actually issue one back to you, so if you don't have much patience it may not be worth your time.
Posted Image

#13 Frahps

Frahps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

FYI DeepDiscount and DVDPlanet are basically sister sites to each other. They are both owned by the same people: Super D.

The strange thing is, when you look up reviews for DVDPlanet, they are actually... good. Unlike DeepDiscount's.

If you ordered when it's backordered, it'll be a pretty high chance your order will get canceled. If you got in on the deal early, there's a better chance it won't be canceled, but still a slight chance. It's kind of hit and miss with a lot of the items they have on sale on their sites. Sometimes it goes through, sometimes it doesn't.

So I guess it's best to bug them in a few days time, to make sure they are working on it? When I had issues with my one and only DeepDiscount order, this was how I got it.

#14 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

Wow, awesome deal for my absolute favorite anime. :D I Already own both sets though.

#15 Puppet Master

Puppet Master

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

Hmmm, can anyone chime in if the OVAs are necessary or recommended? They recap the two arcs of the series with additional scenes to fill in plot holes.

Death Note: Re-Light, Vol. 1 - Visions of a God [2 Discs] $5.45
Death Note: Relight 2 - L's Successors $5.40

*Edit Just noticed they're $5.00 each over at the RightStuf VIZ Media & Warner Anime sale but I'm not gonna make a separate purchase.

Based on what I know of them absolutely not their just recaps basically which are always a waste of time and money.

Zoombucks - http://www.zoombucks...f=Puppet-Master
InstaGC - http://www.instagc.com/59976 - Like this one since you can get 2% back from most Amazon purchases

#16 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

Naruto Uncut Season 3, Vol. 1 (6 discs) is just $8.74:

http://www.dvdplanet...?info=VIZ023956

#17 Drahken

Drahken

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:26 AM

Thanks for the heads up I ordered both hopefully they get shipped. I had a credit card on file with them that expired in 2005, I guess I haven't bought from them in awhile.

#18 Chief Keef

Chief Keef

GBE 3hunna

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:30 AM

this is an insane price. I paid $30 each for mine last year

I got racks up in my pocket racks up in my pocket

I got thots all in my phone callin me bitch stop it

1400 for this belt this aint no damn versace

and I smokin on this dope while I been gettin money

50s 100s 20s oh my goodness

I need my money machine to count this shit for me

#19 Retro Legends

Retro Legends

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:46 AM

They are now showing out of stock. Really wanted to grab these.

#20 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:58 AM

They are now showing out of stock. Really wanted to grab these.

its shown out of stock since this was posted. People are still ordering.

rm8ylt.gif

#21 HunteR7411

HunteR7411

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:22 AM

Ordered but I doubt it will ship since its OOS. :(

#22 Frahps

Frahps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:42 AM

Am I the only one not too worried about the item being out of stock? While the site itself can be questionable, Death Note recently received an MSRP drop, meaning that it's still in print. If the item is still in print, that should mean that everyone should get a copy eventually.

#23 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:47 AM

Ordered but I doubt it will ship since its OOS. :(

It said out of stock when I ordered but the invoice I received today said instock on the order details and I was charged.

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#24 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:48 AM

Possible Viz clear out they inventory & ready for Blu-ray release ;)
"Evil is Funs"

#25 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:49 AM

Possible Viz clear out they inventory & ready for Blu-ray release ;)

Not going to happen.
Posted Image

#26 Vash1306

Vash1306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:18 AM

No Death Note Blu-Ray in Japan = No Blu-ray for the rest of world until they do.

#27 Count Van Ghoul

Count Van Ghoul

Past The Mission

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:34 AM

Well just placed my order.... see how this plays out. I'll be ecstatic if they get them in stock, I haven't seen this show in years and can barely remember it.

I have a blog where I review (usually terrible) movies for your enjoyment.  Come check it out at http://aghoulversus.blogspot.com/

#28 ssjChris

ssjChris

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

This is an insanely good deal. I got the first set at Wal Mart years ago for $30 and the 2nd for $25 at Best Buy when they had the 50% off clearance a few years back. This site is pretty weird, (you click the anime genre and it's empty, but if you search "anime" in the search bar you get a ton of results) but it seems to work. A lot of good anime DVD deals, but not so much for Blu Ray deals.

Edited by SanjiX, 24 August 2012 - 08:26 PM.

#29 Frahps

Frahps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

It said out of stock when I ordered but the invoice I received today said instock on the order details and I was charged.

Mine says that too, but I'm pretty sure it's just some sort of typo.

#30 Count Van Ghoul

Count Van Ghoul

Past The Mission

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

The email I got from them has both sets listed as a "pre-order", so.... yeah.