DEAD: $24 New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS USA) at Deep Discount

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 theclaw

theclaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:40 PM

I'm taking the chance on this deal. Nintendo first party game on sale within a week. :hot:

(edit: sale over!)

Posted Image

Edited by theclaw, 25 August 2012 - 07:58 AM.

#2 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:42 PM

Good deal. The first 100 or so of you that order MIGHT get it... in two to three weeks.. but still at ~ $25 that is a heck of a deal

#3 247

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:46 PM

Any coupons?

#4 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:49 PM

Why did you use a GBASP for this topic's icon?

And we can't copy/paste the URL because it's truncated.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#5 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:53 PM

i found the game boring .. the controlls were loose and other little bugs with the game so pass
WOOOO I STINK

#6 DeltaZero

DeltaZero

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

to those who want the direct link, here you go http://www.deepdisco...ER-MARIO-BROS-2 . placed an order, seems to have gone through (got the confirmation email for now), hopefully i get it :p

#7 theclaw

theclaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

Why did you use a GBASP for this topic's icon?

And we can't copy/paste the URL because it's truncated.

I didn't notice the 3DS icon before.

OK updated with full length URL.

#8 revsmitty

revsmitty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:18 PM

In for 1. Copy and paste method worked for me.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

Thanks OP in for one ! :bouncy:

Can't go wrong for $23.99 and free shipping. The TIV should not be too far off this price if it truly sucks.

#10 TheOmegaSoldier

TheOmegaSoldier

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

Thanks OP. Even with tax this was the best deal so far. I bit. The place is about 15 miles from where I live, kills me that it will take ~2 weeks to arrive but i'll accept 40% off a brand new mario game. Used price won't be this good for 3 years.

#11 iaacp

iaacp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

Has anyone actually bought from them? They have EXTREMELY bad reviews: http://www.resellerr...e/Deep_Discount

There's a very good chance none of these will go through. Which scares me, because now they have my CC info.

#12 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

Has anyone actually bought from them? They have EXTREMELY bad reviews: http://www.resellerr...e/Deep_Discount

There's a very good chance none of these will go through. Which scares me, because now they have my CC info.

Doesn't matter as I used Paypal. The biggest bitch about them is slow shipping. And if they cancel my order I used paypal so i'll get my money back. :bouncy:

Most CC companies have fraud protection. You can also request a new card but do that after you get your money back.

#13 IFlyRC80

IFlyRC80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

Thanks OP. I was going to wait for a B2G1 Free sale somewhere to get this but $23.99 is even better than that. Placed an order, hopefully it shows up.

#14 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:47 PM

In the past I have ordered from them and not had a problem, but that was several years back. I don't know if they've changed for the worse or not.

Was just about to pull the trigger and backed off. This is too good to be true IMHO. I'm not taking the chance on it.

Edited by crunchewy, 23 August 2012 - 02:02 PM.

#15 DarkMario616

DarkMario616

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

I got this for $20 and I would ignore the terrible troll who said this game is boring. It's easily the best of the NSMB series. Of course Nintendo is clearly re-hashing at this point, it's still a fun game at this price.

Hell I enjoy it more than 3D Land if that means anything.

#16 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:23 PM

Link does not work.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#17 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:25 PM

Link does not work.

OT: what's that GIF about? Is that a giant spider? :bouncy:

You have to go to their mainpage and search Super Mario Bros 2 and then it shows up !

#18 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

Link does not work.

Link is not in this one, it's a Mario game.

Oh, you meant... nevahmind.

#19 Rnm

Rnm

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:54 PM

I placed an order and used Paypal so I hope I am good on my end. How would this game be for someone who has never played a New Super Mario Bros. game?

#20 Theros

Theros

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

Deal appears to be dead.

#21 TheSecretBaldwin

TheSecretBaldwin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

Price changed to $37.99 for me during checkout. They must've killed it (or there is some weird bug in the checkout. Either way I'm not going ahead with it :/

#22 JazzFlight

JazzFlight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:05 PM

Nice, this is about the max I was willing to spend for this game (nice that DD has no tax/shipping). I don't care that they take forever to ship, I've got enough games in my backlog to hold me over.

EDIT: Wow, good thing I got in on this deal in the last 10 minutes, I just made it.

#23 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

Price changed to $37.99 for me during checkout. They must've killed it (or there is some weird bug in the checkout. Either way I'm not going ahead with it :/

Ditto. Lame. :(
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#24 theclaw

theclaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

Looking dead to me too. At least if it doesn't go through other items on my order might.

#25 iaacp

iaacp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

I used Google payments - are they also secure like Paypal?

#26 masshuum

masshuum

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

For what it's worth, I've ordered from Deep Discount before, they ship from the Chicago area, iirc, and I never had an issue with them. I usually bought $80 tv boxsets from them when they were retailing at $180 at Amazon. Always came fast and legit.

I'm bummed I missed out on this deal, but ah well.

#27 nwaugh

nwaugh

thread killa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:16 PM

I used Google payments - are they also secure like Paypal?

Yes, and regardless, you'll be fine. I don't think Deep Discount is actually intentionally shady - they're just very poorly managed with mediocre (terrible?) customer service.

#28 MrMisterSaturn

MrMisterSaturn

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

Welp, my order status is now backordered. So I guess that's probably that. Though I don't see how it's possible, since the game is still available at 37.99. Cancellation incoming?

#29 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

Welp, my order status is now backordered. So I guess that's probably that. Though I don't see how it's possible, since the game is still available at 37.99. Cancellation incoming?

It was probably a price mistake to begin with.

#30 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

I'm going to email their CS and see if they plan to honor it. If not i'll request a PayPal refund. I wonder if the SD crowd piled on and they didn't want to absorb mass losses? :bouncy:

EDIT: I just sent them an email asking if they plan on honoring the sale price. I'll update when I get a response.