Cheetahmen: The Creation (NES) 50% Off with Purchase

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 neifirst

neifirst

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:53 AM

Cheetahmen: The Creation is half off if you add $99 to your reward pledge level #4, #5, #6 or #7 in the Cheetahmen II: The Lost Levels Kickstarter.

The details regarding this are as follows (all caps warning!):

WE HAVE HAD A LARGE NUMBER OF BACKERS ASK US ABOUT A REWARD THAT INCLUDED CHEETAHMEN:THE CREATION, AND OF COURSE, THEY WANTED A "DEAL".

SO HERE GOES:

ANYONE WHO PLEDGED FOR REWARD #4, #5, #6 OR #7 MAY INCREASE THEIR PLEDGE TOTAL BY $99 AND RECEIVE A COPY OF THE CREATION THAT WILL HAVE A MATCHING HOLOGRAM SERIAL NUMBER TO THEIR LOST LEVELS GAME. IF YOUR REWARD LEVEL INCLUDED AUTOGRAPHED COPIES, THE BONUS GAME WILL BE AUTOGRAPHED TOO.

THIS IS A FULL GAME AND GAMEBOX SET.

THERE WILL BE NO ADDED CHARGES FOR FREIGHT ON THIS BONUS ITEM.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO ANYTHING BUT RETURN TO YOUR PLEDGE AND INCREASE THE AMOUNT BY $99. YOU DO NOT NEED TO CHANGE THE REWARD SELECTED. AT THE END OF THE PROJECT, WE WILL POLL ALL BACKERS FOR SHIPPING INFO AND TO CONFIRM THE "EXTRAS AND BONUSES".

It's pricey for a "deal", but if you're a collector, these are some rare, interesting NES games. The Kickstarter has been fully-funded, so you WILL be charged for the items come September 6th.
Posted Image

#2 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:59 AM

Why would you want to pay for one of the shittiest NES games ever made?

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#3 mrbomb

mrbomb

A Tasty Classic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:14 AM

Wow it got funded, I can't believe people are supporting this garbage.
Posted Image

#4 Sushi7065

Sushi7065

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:17 AM

Why would you want to pay for one of the shittiest NES games ever made?

Correction: Why WOULDN'T you want to pay for one of the shittiest NES games ever made?

Throughout my life I've lost money on worse deals (losing bets in the last World Cup; buying Quest 64, accidentally catching my wallet on fire while cooking dinner; eating at horribly overpriced restaurants; drinking myself silly to where I couldn't properly say my own name; plunking $10 into a marble madness machine; paying a grand to fix my 1992 Ford Taurus).

If Cheetahmen II is just another page in my life story of unfortunate situations with money, so be it.

#5 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:24 AM

Cheetahmen II is the awesome kind of shit. Action 52 in general is the awesome kind of shit, it plays like a guide on how NOT to design games. The best (worst?) part is that you can see how much potential it has.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#6 neifirst

neifirst

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:24 AM

There's just something perversely entertaining about having those games staring at me from my shelf, sandwiched between Bionic Commando and Contra.
Posted Image

#7 punkrok0007

punkrok0007

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:31 AM

It looks aight. I most likely wont even play it

#8 Diggeh

Diggeh

Deals on wheels!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:32 AM

"Hey guys! You bought our horrendous $200 compilation of terrible games in the past, right? Can you give us extra money (we don't really need it because we're rich old guys) to make you buy it again? Y'know, since you're collectors now!" \\:D/

Nowhere near deserving enough to be a CAG deal.

#9 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:44 AM

:lol:I think I speak for a good portion of the CAG community when I say that Kickstarter threads should be banned from the site forever. Most of them are for vaporware or crap that looks absolutely horrendous, but yet sucke....errrrr I mean 'gamers' fall for these things all the time.

Have any of these Kickstarter projects even been completed and the people who pledged to get them going received their products yet?

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#10 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:02 AM

Throughout my life I've lost money on worse deals (losing bets in the last World Cup; buying Quest 64, accidentally catching my wallet on fire while cooking dinner; eating at horribly overpriced restaurants; drinking myself silly to where I couldn't properly say my own name; plunking $10 into a marble madness machine; paying a grand to fix my 1992 Ford Taurus).

You, sir, are my new role model.

Is there a story behind catching your wallet on fire? I would really like to hear it and potentially steal it to pick up women. For the longest time I have been using a story my friend told me about the time he tried to drive his car with a wiffle bat...but your story has so much more potential.

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#11 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:37 AM

A lot of threads on here are given a 1-star rating, but this one deserves it the most.

#12 honkyjesus

honkyjesus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:38 AM

Spam.

#13 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:40 AM

I remember when Cheetahman 2 was available for sale on the Internet shortly after it was discovered for about $60 each, if only I had a time machine and could travel back to 1997.....

#14 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:50 AM

I think I speak for a good portion of the CAG community when I say that Kickstarter threads should be banned from the site forever.

Please count me as one of the members of this community for whom you don't speak.

#15 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:54 AM

:lol:I think I speak for a good portion of the CAG community when I say that Kickstarter threads should be banned from the site forever. Most of them are for vaporware or crap that looks absolutely horrendous, but yet sucke....errrrr I mean 'gamers' fall for these things all the time.

Have any of these Kickstarter projects even been completed and the people who pledged to get them going received their products yet?

Some have yes like Wasteland 2? And a few other games.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#16 neifirst

neifirst

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:03 AM

Although the game hasn't been completed yet, I have received my t-shirt, poster and pin from the Double Fine Adventure Kickstarter. I would be very surprised if this game doesn't see the light of day.

Also, the creator of the Diamond Trust of London for Nintendo DS Kickstarter has posted pictures of his manufactured game, which seems to lend to his credibility.

I'm sure that some of these campaign may turn into nothing, but I think that many of them are not scams, but are honest, creative people trying to bring something interesting into the market.

I'm not actually aware of any Kickstarter campaigns that haven't delivered what was promised to their backers.
Posted Image

#17 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:24 AM

:lol:I think I speak for a good portion of the CAG community when I say that Kickstarter threads should be banned from the site forever.

Banned from the site? No.

Banned from the deals forum? Yes.

#18 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:31 AM

Unless you know the facts of the kickstarter you have no right to go saying that they are ripping people off or that they are wanting to make money. Learn the facts first!

#19 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:44 AM

i disagree solely because of the following that spawned from this thread

You, sir, are my new role model.

Is there a story behind catching your wallet on fire? I would really like to hear it and potentially steal it to pick up women. For the longest time I have been using a story my friend told me about the time he tried to drive his car with a wiffle bat...but your story has so much more potential.

i want to second this.

also...wtf is the game and why is it 500 dollars. and who in the heck would buy it? i think what we have here is the modern day form of the age old commercial....limited time coin just being released worth 100 dollars will sell it to you for 10 dollars. the gaming community just hasnt caught on yet.

#20 KratosGOW2525

KratosGOW2525

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:52 AM

What is this bullshit? It looks like spam to me.

#21 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:56 AM

This. Kickstarters for things like Pinball Arcade and other games I personally want to fund are great to know about on here. But in the deals forum? Not so much. Especially this!
Posted Image

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol

#22 KratosGOW2525

KratosGOW2525

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:57 AM

Now I could have swore with the video came out, he said the game would cost 60$. What the Fuck happend there?

#23 UNDERSTAR

UNDERSTAR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:10 AM

Get this horse shit out of here!

This game getting funded is the biggest joke I've seen in years.

#24 givemeporknow

givemeporknow

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:59 AM

just watched the videos on youtube and wow...

#25 mietha

mietha

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:23 AM

Ok, I just watched a gameplay video and seriously: what... the... Fuck? People actually PAY for that game? And want ANOTHER one? Are these the same people that view a pile of shit spray-painted gold as art?
Posted Image

#26 mietha

mietha

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:34 AM

This. Kickstarters for things like Pinball Arcade and other games I personally want to fund are great to know about on here. But in the deals forum? Not so much. Especially this!

Are you making a sly joke or you making an unknowing reference? Farsight studios, the people making pinball arcade, are who made the genesis version of action 52.
Posted Image

#27 portnoyd

portnoyd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

Another vote for this.

This is an incredible scam. All he is doing is putting a readily available, hacked ROM on a cart. The people who donated to this are suckers of epic proportions, most of which are from NintendoAge, so that'll give you an idea on the kind of winners who flock to that shithole.

Most are doing it on the pretext that these are going to be worth something, when they are the sole market so clearly the value is, at best, going to stay at what they paid.

It's ridiculous that this guy has any support at all after his first repro release, which cost MINIMUM $200.

It's just a sad situation over all. You'd like to think logic would win out and this guy would be laughed into the next time zone. Apparently, logic is dead.

#28 lockarm

lockarm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:23 AM

Correction: Why WOULDN'T you want to pay for one of the shittiest NES games ever made?

Because I like to put my money towards quality products. I work hard for my money, I want the products out there to earn my money's attention as well.

And let's be real about this: Just because the Angry video Game Nerd highlighted this game, does not mean you should trip over yourself to buy it, or it's sequel.

But I guess to each his own. One man's shit is another man's chocolate fudge sundae. So, bon appetit.

#29 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

I have a much better deal for all of you!

If you donate 10 bucks to me I will just kick you in the balls as hard as I can and then shake your hand! For a 20 dollar donation I will also include a sincere thank you letter signed personally by me for you to frame as a reminder of this wonderful event!

BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE!!!!! For those of you that are feeling truly generous and wish to go above and beyond and donate a whopping FIFTY DOLLAR donation not only will you receive all the previously mentioned "gifts", I will also, for a limited time punch you in your nose until it shatters, causing you extreme pain and possible disfigurement. This extremely limited offer will also come with a sandwich bag filled with melting ice to attempt to provide some temporary relief from the pain of this possibly disfiguring permanent reminder of this wonderful once in a life time encounter!

Please, don't hesitate to contact me because quite honestly I am not sure how long supplies will last on this epic offer, or quite even the legal issues involved either. Get yours now before someone else does and you end up looking like someone who is just jumping on the bandwagon, <or in the 50 dollar donation case, someone who fell off of it face first!>
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#30 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

I have a much better deal for all of you!

If you donate 10 bucks to me I will just kick you in the balls as hard as I can and then shake your hand! For a 20 dollar donation I will also include a sincere thank you letter signed personally by me for you to frame as a reminder of this wonderful event!

BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE!!!!! For those of you that are feeling truly generous and wish to go above and beyond and donate a whopping FIFTY DOLLAR donation not only will you receive all the previously mentioned "gifts", I will also, for a limited time punch you in your nose until it shatters, causing you extreme pain and possible disfigurement. This extremely limited offer will also come with a sandwich bag filled with melting ice to attempt to provide some temporary relief from the pain of this possibly disfiguring permanent reminder of this wonderful once in a life time encounter!

Please, don't hesitate to contact me because quite honestly I am not sure how long supplies will last on this epic offer, or quite even the legal issues involved either. Get yours now before someone else does and you end up looking like someone who is just jumping on the bandwagon, <or in the 50 dollar donation case, someone who fell off of it face first!>

donating 200 dollars. for me the wife and kids!!! this xmas is early folks!!!