atc250es

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

Care Package: SOLD OUT!
http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=468642

Hardened:
http://www.amazon.co...N2K| B0050SWNGQ

Yes, I know it's not a DEAL but I know a lot of people want to get this pre-ordered.

Edited by atc250es, 14 September 2012 - 08:23 PM.

#2 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

Okay, now that Care Package is freaking SWEEEET~~
And I don't even like COD...

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

Ramirez, pre-order this care package!

#4 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

So no Call of Duty Elite included this time? I figured as much. That was the main reason I got the Hardened Edition for MW3. It was a pretty good value given the cost of map packs. I guess i'll be doing the Best Buy $20 promo pre-order deal which is likely to be the best deal available. Anyone know if Best Buy is doing the $20 promo on these Hardened or Care Package versions?

#5 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

That care package does look pretty cool. Ive learned too many hard lessons buying the expensive editions only to see it on close out at my best buy for $40.

#6 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

I'm not a fan of zombies mode, at all.

Play it maybe 2 or 3 times, it feels like a drag.

Even played with friends, I can't stand it. Any horde mode type of game to be honest.

Didn't catch my interest in World at War or Black Ops. I love the MP though.

Now that exclusive camo and playercard catches my interest, but I wouldn't pay an extra $20 just for that.

#7 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

So no Call of Duty Elite included this time? I figured as much. That was the main reason I got the Hardened Edition for MW3. It was a pretty good value given the cost of map packs. I guess i'll be doing the Best Buy $20 promo pre-order deal which is likely to be the best deal available. Anyone know if Best Buy is doing the $20 promo on these Hardened or Care Package versions?

They still have CoD Elite, just isnt included with hardened/care package.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#8 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:26 PM

I didn't realize Trent Reznor is doing the theme, that's pretty cool. Dunno if I wanna drop an extra $100 for an RC drone. I'm in for hardened edition though.

axlrose4183.png

#9 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Looks like a toolbox to me. At that price they should send a real soldier a care package on your behalf.

#10 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

wait for it to hit $50

#11 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

Looks like a toolbox to me. At that price they should send a real soldier a care package on your behalf.

http://www.callofdutyendowment.org/

#12 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

http://www.callofdutyendowment.org/

Not a care package but the same idea.

#13 lotsofgames

lotsofgames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

wait for it to hit $50

I am curious to know if the Care Package will hit clearance like the first BO Prestige Edition.

#14 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

Not a care package but the same idea.

Eh, do they divulge how much from game sales actually goes to this endowment? Or how much they donate a year? I still would much prefer a "Order this version, we will donate this" type commitment over a vague charity commitment.

#15 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:49 PM

Eh, do they divulge how much from game sales actually goes to this endowment? Or how much they donate a year? I still would much prefer a "Order this version, we will donate this" type commitment over a vague charity commitment.

Well, they did do this last year, with 100 percent of tickets sales going towards it.

http://www.joystiq.c...f-duty-xp-2011/

#16 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

Ill get hardened for sure

edit: wait neither of these comes with elite...?

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#17 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:51 PM

I'm not a fan of zombies mode, at all.

Play it maybe 2 or 3 times, it feels like a drag.

Even played with friends, I can't stand it. Any horde mode type of game to be honest.

Didn't catch my interest in World at War or Black Ops. I love the MP though.

Now that exclusive camo and playercard catches my interest, but I wouldn't pay an extra $20 just for that.

wow, i still play zombies. alot. my fav part of black ops by FAR.

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#18 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

Well, they did do this last year, with 100 percent of tickets sales going towards it.

http://www.joystiq.c...f-duty-xp-2011/

That sounds like a cool event/great idea by them. So it seems their charity is more than just a formality.

Still, at $180 for a care package themed edition, I think an actual care package commitment would be good.

#19 Gixxer

Gixxer

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:55 PM

Looks like Elite is not included. I would have bought the Hardened, now I'll just wait for a good deal on the regular copy.

#20 247

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:55 PM

It's more likely that they will be on clearance and easier to get since they don't come with elite. At least that's wht I think will happen.

#21 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

Okay, now that Care Package is freaking SWEEEET~~
And I don't even like COD...

ditto

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#22 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:04 PM

They still have CoD Elite, just isnt included with hardened/care package.

That explains why it is only $79.99 for hardened compared to $99.99 for MW3 hardened.

I am curious to know if the Care Package will hit clearance like the first BO Prestige Edition.

The care package will probably take up a nice chunk of shelf space, so yeah it will go on clearance.

#23 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:04 PM

So looks like only way to get Nuketown Zombies is Hardened or Care Package? I hope they sell it as DLC at least.

#24 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

The care package will probably take up a nice chunk of shelf space, so yeah it will go on clearance.

24 x 12.7 x 10.7 inches ; 9 pounds
Posted Image

#25 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:07 PM

It's more likely that they will be on clearance and easier to get since they don't come with elite. At least that's wht I think will happen.

That explains why it is only $79.99 for hardened compared to $99.99 for MW3 hardened.

You (we) may luck out and get a bizarre clearanc cycle on these similar to the Black Ops Prestige Editions but when was the last time that a COD: CE just sat on a shelf for a year after release?

That just doesn't happen. There is too much gloabal demand for these games. Most likely these will go OOS prior to release---even if for just a few days and people will be paying significant money on eBay to obtain them. Then any left on store shelves will be bought if just to make some profit.

I would put a preorder in if you are on the fence because you can always cancel later

#26 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

You (we) may luck out and get a bizarre clearanc cycle on these similar to the Black Ops Prestige Editions but when was the last time that a COD: CE just sat on a shelf for a year after release?

That just doesn't happen. There is too much gloabal demand for these games. Most likely these will go OOS prior to release---even if for just a few days and people will be paying significant money on eBay to obtain them. Then any left on store shelves will be bought if just to make some profit.

I would put a preorder in if you are on the fence because you can always cancel later

I'm already good with the standard version from BB with $20 RZ. Not going to pay $180 for anything COD. ;)

#27 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

preordered one of each for the ps3. Hardened edition will sell out on day 1, and I hope the care package hits clearance racks. But you never know these days, especially if people are willing to drop $150 for the Borderlands Ultimate Edition. Almost $200 after taxes is pretty ridiculous for a video game.

#28 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

So looks like only way to get Nuketown Zombies is Hardened or Care Package? I hope they sell it as DLC at least.

Oh you know they will...the "exclusive" (read:recycled from WaW) zombie map DLC from the first Black Ops Prestige/Hardened editions were eventually included in a map pack.

Going to upgrade my GS preorder to Hardened. I remember what a BITCH it was to find a Black Ops 1 Hardened Edition after lauch...not going to take chances this time. The Care Package looks nice but I have too much crap in my house as it is and my kids would destroy the drone anyway.

uc.png

#29 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

For now, it does seem like its exclusive to those packages and not a pre-order bonus.

#30 sgr76

sgr76

Talk it < Living it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

Oh bloody hell! Looks like thats gonna be 179 well spent
Posted Image