$5 Off PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Pre-orders at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 jac1002

jac1002

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

Amazon is giving $5 Off Pre-orders of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Through September 8, 2012.

PS3 http://www.amazon.co..._bxgy_vg_text_y (includes Vita download)

Vita http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=507846

Both include the pre-order costume pack.

#2 BettercallPitPat

BettercallPitPat

to-go cup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:16 PM

didnt know about this game, looks cool. thanks OP, i suck at fighters so will pick it up in a year when its cheap

#3 TheNamekianClown

TheNamekianClown

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:09 PM

Just came here to check if this was already posted.

#4 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:32 PM

Ok deal, I'll stick with my $45 PS3 Newegg preorder though.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#5 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

geez i didn't know the msrp was $60. i have a feeling this game is gonna tank.

#6 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:01 AM

Hmmmm......to get or not get. $5 off isn't great, but money off is money off especially if I want those pre-order costumes. Eh, I guess I can wait for something better. $5 isn't much to save.

#7 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:47 AM

I kind of hope so, actually.

#8 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:13 AM

Hmmmm......to get or not get. $5 off isn't great, but money off is money off especially if I want those pre-order costumes. Eh, I guess I can wait for something better. $5 isn't much to save.

You'll most likely save alot mroe than $5 if you just wait within a month of its release
Posted Image

#9 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:22 AM

Isn't that what nearly all fighting games retail at when realeased?

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#10 hereon

hereon

Here-On Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:22 AM

I kind of hope so, actually.

I'm curious as to why. I don't see how this failing is any good, but I love to hear your point.

#11 gokou36

gokou36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:35 AM

$5 off.....which is tax for Texas now, Fuck you Amazon!!! Newegg is way better now. $10-$15 off preorders and no tax.

#12 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:44 AM

ouch. i played the beta. and wow. ouch. was hoping this would be $30/$40 msrp.
ill buy it at $10 after it tanks.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#13 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:52 AM

I'm curious as to why. I don't see how this failing is any good, but I love to hear your point.

Probably butt hurt that it's similar to Super Smash Bros.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#14 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:55 AM

Ok deal, I'll stick with my $45 PS3 Newegg preorder though.

Yuuuuup!

#15 Rowdy1854

Rowdy1854

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:56 AM

Does any ps3 version purchase at any time get you a down-loadable version for the vita for free?

Edited by parkerwilson, 02 September 2012 - 04:18 AM.

#16 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:08 AM

The demo of this at E3 did not look good at all. I'm holding out hope that they've done a lot to improve it, but I'm going to wait for impressions of the final version before I plunk down any money.

#17 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:24 AM

wow what's with all these negative comments?
I'm looking forward to this game the most this year :D

#18 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:25 AM

Does any ps3 version purchase at any time get you a down-loadable version for the vita for free?

It should (but probably won't work with used copies). We don't know exactly how it will work yet though- Sony has yet to release any details on how they plan to execute the cross-buy program. There will probably be a code for the Vita version that activates on PSN.

#19 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:40 AM

wow what's with all these negative comments?
I'm looking forward to this game the most this year :D

The word from people who tried the Beta version was that it was terrible (although to be fair, the Beta was also supposedly from a very early build), and the demo of the game they showed at E3 was laughably bad.

#20 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:55 AM

looking forward to this, but I'm withholding my pre-order until we know more about the PS3/Vita cross-buy. If that only works if you buy the PSN version, I'll get the digital copy (a free game is worth not being able to trade it in later in my book).
Spoiler

#21 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:50 AM

looking forward to this, but I'm withholding my pre-order until we know more about the PS3/Vita cross-buy. If that only works if you buy the PSN version, I'll get the digital copy (a free game is worth not being able to trade it in later in my book).

it was said on the playstation blog that if you buy a retail or psn copy of all stars for ps3, you get a digital vita copy for free

#22 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:28 AM

would be nice if the vita version was a code that you could sell and make $20 or more off of.
Posted Image

#23 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

would be nice if the vita version was a code that you could sell and make $20 or more off of.

Don't forget all first-party Sony games with online functionality now come with an online pass. My guess is that online pass unlocks the Vita game and ties it to your PSN account. So it will probably come with a code you could sell, but without it, your game is probably not playable online.

decker%2001.jpg

#24 nbballard

nbballard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

it was said on the playstation blog that if you buy a retail or psn copy of all stars for ps3, you get a digital vita copy for free

it also mentions it on the Amazon page, now that I looked at it. I placed my order.

My assumptions were based on the lbp karting page not showing anything about the cross-by.

(FYI - i was on the All-Star beta and it was buggy as hell, and it wasn't very fun. I think my experience was the result of a very early build and not the overall product. It seems like it could really be a lot of fun with a group of local players once it is done. On the other hand, i was in the LBP Karting beta and it was fantastic.)
Spoiler

#25 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

it also mentions it on the Amazon page, now that I looked at it. I placed my order.

My assumptions were based on the lbp karting page not showing anything about the cross-by.

(FYI - i was on the All-Star beta and it was buggy as hell, and it wasn't very fun. I think my experience was the result of a very early build and not the overall product. It seems like it could really be a lot of fun with a group of local players once it is done. On the other hand, i was in the LBP Karting beta and it was fantastic.)

glad to hear you are getting it!! :)
I really wanted to get into the beta, but never got a code.
What made it not that much fun though? The bugs? When I watch videos of the game online I really like what I'm seeing personally

#26 nbballard

nbballard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

glad to hear you are getting it!! :)
I really wanted to get into the beta, but never got a code.
What made it not that much fun though? The bugs? When I watch videos of the game online I really like what I'm seeing personally

It wasn't fun because it was online only, with the initial cast of announced characters. On top of that, it didn't make any attempt to explain how the game worked, so i just hit buttons a bunch until i died.

As far as bugs go, there were a lot of camera problems. For example, Sly Coopers special was to make one of his teammates shoot everyone with a cannon through a para-scope, everyone's camera would default to the same view of whereever the para-scope was looking (part of the fun). The problem is that the special filter that goes on the screen (crosshairs and whatnot) never went away half of the time and the camera controls remained fixed to that players movements, so the match would be unplayable after that special was performed, or someone would hit you and you wouldn't be able to move anymore. Things like that.

The only problem I'm concerned will carry over to the retail release was that the camera was set too far back and the characters were too small.
Spoiler

#27 GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX

Finish Him!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:45 AM

its a tough decision. we dont know if the game will ALWAYS come with a free vita download of the game. I dont ever trade games so that doesnt matter to me. But Im debating on the game in general as I am still not thrilled by the characters. I mean sure they got some sir daniel fortesque love in there but with no confirmation of spyro, lara croft, and especially crash bandicoot. I'm not entirely sold. That and i dont own a vita.

But i wish it was MORE like smash bros. i wish smash bros was a gaming franchise and not a nintendo franchise. I want sega to get their own smash bros type game, hell i wanted a sony smash bros type game since smash bros melee. But having to use a super move to eliminate players.. kind of stupid. Health bar or ring outs just make sense in 4 player madness fighting games.

XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
Currently Playing
:360:
Dishonored

:ps3: The Last of Us
:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
:3ds: Bravely Default

#28 TheNamekianClown

TheNamekianClown

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:59 AM

For now I'd say this is a good deal. $5 off and you still get the DLC that will most likely be $5-10 later anyway, and the game isn't out until Nov. 20th so there's plenty of time to cancel if something else comes up. And if by some chance there's a deal on black friday, the game comes out 3 days before hand and you might be able to get a price match.

#29 Pojo

Pojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:29 AM

I am shocked by the negativity, really. We need more Smash Bros. clones. This is coming from someone who looks at Smash Brothers as one of gaming's universal constants.

That said, got mine pre-ordered at Newegg. Cheaper.
Posted Image

#30 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:40 AM

It wasn't fun because it was online only, with the initial cast of announced characters. On top of that, it didn't make any attempt to explain how the game worked, so i just hit buttons a bunch until i died.

As far as bugs go, there were a lot of camera problems. For example, Sly Coopers special was to make one of his teammates shoot everyone with a cannon through a para-scope, everyone's camera would default to the same view of whereever the para-scope was looking (part of the fun). The problem is that the special filter that goes on the screen (crosshairs and whatnot) never went away half of the time and the camera controls remained fixed to that players movements, so the match would be unplayable after that special was performed, or someone would hit you and you wouldn't be able to move anymore. Things like that.

The only problem I'm concerned will carry over to the retail release was that the camera was set too far back and the characters were too small.

ok these were some really good points! Thanks :)
I'm going to stay upbeat though and believe the final version will be better; it was a beta afterall.
i hope what you told me is addressed before it is released!