Photo
- - - - -

Target Ad 9/2-9/8: $10 GC w/ $35+ game & $1 reserve, Max Payne 3 $35!

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

Special Purchase: Purchase any game $34.99 or higher AND reserve select titles with $1 down, receive a $10 gift card.
-Great for 3DS titles (duh)
-$1 reservation not available for all titles, but many popular new releases

:360::ps3::pc: Max Payne 3 - $34.99

:pc: Sims 3 Supernatural $39.99
:pc: BOGO half off all Sims titles

^These stack with the gift card offer

:pc: Acer Aspire 15.6 inch Laptop $329.99. Upgrade to Windows 8 for $14.99. Tons of Windows 8 Xbox LIVE titles announced today (8/31) [list] (includes Xbox achievements, leaderboards, etc)

#2 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

Price for MP3 is pretty good if you get the one that comes with GTA IV

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#3 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:28 PM

Good point. Think I'll finally get max Payne. Try to sell off gta preorder something

#4 Sanges99

Sanges99

And Ya Know That's Right

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:52 PM

So this has been a recurring promotion, does anyone have the details on what you have to go through when you have no intentions of picking up that pre-order and then don't? (Nagging phonecalls, emails, smarmy looks, etc.)
25u01gl.gif

!!! CAG DISTRESS SIGNAL !!!
Fellow CAGs hear my desperate plea! I started a GoFundMe to help cover emergency vet bills,
please see
the link for details. Even donating a dollar would be a help to pay my massive debt.

#5 ironmenpb

ironmenpb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

So this has been a recurring promotion, does anyone have the details on what you have to go through when you have no intentions of picking up that pre-order and then don't? (Nagging phonecalls, emails, smarmy looks, etc.)

If u don't pick it up nothing happens. When u preorder we don't ask for your name email or any type of info.

#6 dorkyden

dorkyden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:44 PM

if you dont pick up the preorder.......you lose the dollar you spent on the preorder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actually i think you can return it for 0.64 or whatever the prorated value is

Join Perk and make easy Amazon credit 

Join Swagbucks and get up to $5 Amazon credit every 9 days! 

Sign up for HitBliss now and get $1 free Quickly earn cash by watching brand videos in HitBliss Earn, and then shop for movies, TV, and music.

#7 Sanges99

Sanges99

And Ya Know That's Right

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

If u don't pick it up nothing happens. When u preorder we don't ask for your name email or any type of info.

Since, I've apparently got a Target member "on the horn" here, is there any affect on the stores that are getting in these pre-orders that aren't being picked up, short-term or long?
25u01gl.gif

!!! CAG DISTRESS SIGNAL !!!
Fellow CAGs hear my desperate plea! I started a GoFundMe to help cover emergency vet bills,
please see
the link for details. Even donating a dollar would be a help to pay my massive debt.

#8 ironmenpb

ironmenpb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:55 AM

Since, I've apparently got a Target member "on the horn" here, is there any affect on the stores that are getting in these pre-orders that aren't being picked up, short-term or long?

From what I've seen , no affect at all. The more pre orders we sell the more of the game we receive but that's it. It doesn't hurt our scores. I think target does preorders so a guest will come back to the store. Not just for the game but for other needs. (grocery health beauty etc).

#9 NintendoCleveland

NintendoCleveland

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

I picked the bundle up this morning for my cousin, as he wants both games. Thanks for the recommendation.

#10 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

Just a heads up on people wanting to get it on the MP3 sale for PC, Amazon has Max Payne 3 + GTA IV Complete bundle or bundled with LA Noire for $29.99 this holiday weekend in both Steam and non Steam versions. A bit cheaper than this deal, especially if you are in a no sales tax area for Amazon. Though it is only in digital form so if you wanted a physical copy to give as a gift, Target is the way to go. Plus Target has the $10 gift card thing so if you shop at Target a lot, it still may be the way to go if you want the GC.

523546.png

#11 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

I know nothing about this MP3 and GTAIV bundle, is it some Target exclusive..was going to get it for my buddy who's bday is tommorow. Been debating all weekend which route to go..$30-$35 seems to be the ticket.
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#12 GoVols

GoVols

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

It's a no brainer to get the Max Payne 3/GTA 4 or LA Noire bundle and reserve a game for a buck all for $35.99 and get a $10 gift card. GOOD LUCK FINDING THE BUNDLES!!!

#13 shadow17x

shadow17x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

Just picked this up in North Austin. They had tons of the GTA combo packs but had them hidden behind the single disc copies.

#14 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

No luck finding the bundles here in Millenia area.

Anyone in the area have any luck finding the ps3 bundles in Orlando?

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#15 Bmvc1

Bmvc1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

I found a bundle, too bad it's the greatest hits version of GTA IV.

#16 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

All my store had was bundles. Very nice since i already own gta, just traded to best buy to pick up battlefield. Also picked up season 1-3 of Lexx with the gift card.

Not bad, 2 AAA title games and Lexx (4 movies and two TV seasons) for $40 oop

#17 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:29 PM

Got lucky and picked up a bundle at the E.Colonial store...they had one more left there.

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#18 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:32 PM

Did anyone else notice the prices on the Sony games that recently dropped in price? Mine jacked Uncharted 3 and GT5 XL edition back to $39.99 as well as put infamous 2 at $29.99.

I know they were all $19.99 just last week because I bought GT5 XL edition.

They also put Forza 4 back at $59.99.

I didn't bother checking to see what they'd ring up at as I have no interest in them but they definitely changed the price tags this week.

#19 willc23

willc23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:02 AM

Not a straight on game deal, but picked up the Westinghouse 39" LED TV for $329. Marked down $70. Perfect fit for the traditional large tube television entertainment center.
Posted Image

#20 rvdrock

rvdrock

Master Of The Ellipsis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:07 AM

Thanks op, picked up a Max Payne 3 bundle and used the 10 off on groceries.

#21 GoVols

GoVols

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:05 AM

All my store had was bundles. Very nice since i already own gta, just traded to best buy to pick up battlefield. Also picked up season 1-3 of Lexx with the gift card.

Not bad, 2 AAA title games and Lexx (4 movies and two TV seasons) for $40 oop

How much does GTA4 fetch at best buy and what system was yours for?

#22 JMClarkent

JMClarkent

I Cheap what I Sow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:18 AM

http://www.amazon.co...42221&sr=1-1-ti

Looks like the GTA GH is worth $10.35 @ Amazon.com. Counting the GC's, that makes Max Payne 3 potentially $15!
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill"...

#23 GoVols

GoVols

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:24 AM

For some reason, the best buy estimator cant pull up GTA4.

#24 JMClarkent

JMClarkent

I Cheap what I Sow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:27 AM

For some reason, the best buy estimator cant pull up GTA4.

I was able to get it by typing "Grand Theft" - It is worth $5 ($10 with the 100% trade in deal - may be interesting!).
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill"...

#25 GoVols

GoVols

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:01 AM

GTA4 is worth $9 base at GS before promos which could bring it up to $14.40.

#26 Bmvc1

Bmvc1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:27 AM

GTA IV is worth $5 at Best Buy, but with the 100% trade in bonus you get $10 for it. Between that and the Target card, Max Payne 3 is basically $15 bucks.

#27 Untamed Sorrow

Untamed Sorrow

The Maple Kind ??

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:25 AM

Thanks op, picked up a Max Payne 3 bundle and used the 10 off on groceries.

More like $10.xx if you trade the GTA 4 in at GameStop for $14.xx...

#28 killercane

killercane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

dcpi for max payne 3/gta bundle?

#29 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:06 AM

Did they modify this promotion? On Sunday I was able to purchase Max Payne 3 / GTA IV bundle ($34.99) and Infamous 2 Collection (39.99) and preorder two games and I got x2 $10 gift cards.

Today I went to purchase Mass Effect 3 N7 CE (Xbox 360) for $49.99 and I went to preorder a game in the same transaction and it did not prompt a $10 GC.

The employee pulled the add and showed me where it said that promotion only applied to "select titles".

The select titles included Max Payne 3 and a few others but did not include Infamous 2 Collection which I had purchased yesterday.

Regardless he was adamant that the Gift Card would only be prompted if I bought one of the games in the add and preorderd a game as well.

I know this wasn't the case yesterday but assumed they had modified the promotion.

Any Target employees know for sure?

#30 killercane

killercane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:20 AM

Did they modify this promotion? On Sunday I was able to purchase Max Payne 3 / GTA IV bundle ($34.99) and Infamous 2 Collection (39.99) and preorder two games and I got x2 $10 gift cards.

Today I went to purchase Mass Effect 3 N7 CE (Xbox 360) for $49.99 and I went to preorder a game in the same transaction and it did not prompt a $10 GC.

The employee pulled the add and showed me where it said that promotion only applied to "select titles".

The select titles included Max Payne 3 and a few others but did not include Infamous 2 Collection which I had purchased yesterday.

Regardless he was adamant that the Gift Card would only be prompted if I bought one of the games in the add and preorderd a game as well.

I know this wasn't the case yesterday but assumed they had modified the promotion.

Any Target employees know for sure?

It clearly says any game.