Photo
- - - - -

Google Play End of Summer Sale -- $0.99 Max Payne Mobile, Spirits, NOVA 3, & more

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:52 AM

I just noticed (and couldn't find any other posts on) the Google Play End of Summer Sale. Ends Labor Day. Still going on, ends ???

The not-quite-complete sale page.

Amazon Free App of the Day: Quell Reflect (Wed, 6 Sept, till midnight PDT)

Games:

Apps:

Other Notables:

There might be other deals lurking. Max Payne Mobile isn't listed on the sale page oddly.

Edited by asheskitty, 07 September 2012 - 01:43 AM.
added more sales

#2 Agent ShortBus

Agent ShortBus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:32 AM

Virtua Tennis Challenge is actually really fun and looks good. (playing on a tablet)

#3 randomevent

randomevent

Mr. Pigface

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:34 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Went ahead and bought crystal defenders.

#4 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:44 AM

Good stuff, OP.

154512.png

:360: Child of Light / FIFA 14

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:ps4: Watch Dogs

jionekanji.png

#5 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

The Game of Life isn't compatible with the Galaxy S II? wtf EA?

#6 Mendoza357

Mendoza357

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:25 AM

Thanks for the info.

#7 headpiece747

headpiece747

I'm always angry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:55 AM

Thanks asheskitty. Picked Gangstar Rio and N.O.V.A. 3 for now.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:19 AM

Might want to note in the OP that Zen Bound 2 and Spirits were both in Humble Bundles (to give people a moment to think twice, preventing double purchases).

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#9 delta75229

delta75229

Read the fine prints!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

Thank OP, Picked up NOVA 3 and Swiftkey. Too bad Gangstar Rio is not available for T-mobile Galaxy S II otherwise I would pick that up too

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#10 kilik64

kilik64

Carefree, Wherever We May Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

Swiftkey is the best keyboard i have used on android.

Well worth the .99

rcerboss bet his CAG card and lost, and now wont leave. 

http://www.cheapassg...te-september-9/

#11 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

Paid full price for Swiftkey and didn't regret it. Would have paid $10.

#12 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

This could go nicely with the Nexus I bought last weekend and the $25 credit they gave me. Thanks OP
Posted Image

#13 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

I don't even have max Payne in my play store. Searched for it and got nothing. I have a AT&T galaxy s3. Thanks for the info though, going to get swift key and spirits. I almost upped my HIBfor android 3 donation amount just cause spirits looked fun but decided against it hoping for a sale like this. I wish there was another 10 cent sale as I missed out on that one, but this sale will suffice.

#14 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

For those of you who didn't know (like me) there are two versions of Swiftkey 3. One for phones and one for tablets. Yes, the phone one works on tablets but it isn't really optimized for it.

Also, Crystal Defenders is down to $0.99 from $1.26. I am tempted to get it, but I hear it has a lot of crashing issues. Can anyone who has a touchpad with CM9 on it comment?

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#15 DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo

The Navy Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

For those of you who didn't know (like me) there are two versions of Swiftkey 3. One for phones and one for tablets. Yes, the phone one works on tablets but it isn't really optimized for it.

Also, Crystal Defenders is down to $0.99 from $1.26. I am tempted to get it, but I hear it has a lot of crashing issues. Can anyone who has a touchpad with CM9 on it comment?

No CM9 here but game does have an online check every time you play.

Thanks OP, picked up Max Payne, works great on my Nexus 7!

Great forum for PS Vita information: www.psvitaforum.com

United States Navy

#16 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

Virtua Tennis Challenge is actually really fun and looks good. (playing on a tablet)

Thanks! It looks tempting; I'll probably bite.

Thanks for the heads up. Went ahead and bought crystal defenders.

I my haste of putting together the post together, I hadn't noticed it was SquareEnix (and supposedly related to FF:Tactics). Thanks!

Might want to note in the OP that Zen Bound 2 and Spirits were both in Humble Bundles (to give people a moment to think twice, preventing double purchases).

Thanks. Done. I also reshuffled the lists to bubble the big name stuff to the top.

Thank OP, Picked up NOVA 3 and Swiftkey. Too bad Gangstar Rio is not available for T-mobile Galaxy S II otherwise I would pick that up too

I don't even have max Payne in my play store. Searched for it and got nothing. I have a AT&T galaxy s3. Thanks for the info though, going to get swift key and spirits. I almost upped my HIBfor android 3 donation amount just cause spirits looked fun but decided against it hoping for a sale like this. I wish there was another 10 cent sale as I missed out on that one, but this sale will suffice.

That Play store whitelist/blacklist stuff is annoying. I have sometimes circumvented by buying and sideloading the apk from another device. That $0.10 was in December, I'm feeling confident that they'll have it again. The big publisher titles are somewhat the star of this sale, as those are less likely to break a buck. Some other deals are out of cycle; I picked up GTA III for $0.99 in March (St. Patty's Day?) The Greenlight Bundle added Android versions of Ichi, Samurai II Vengeance, Gunman Clive and Paper Monsters. CAG Thread if those interest you enough for $5.

For those of you who didn't know (like me) there are two versions of Swiftkey 3. One for phones and one for tablets. Yes, the phone one works on tablets but it isn't really optimized for it. Also, Crystal Defenders is down to $0.99 from $1.26.

Thanks! I updated the price. I have swiftkey 3 and a handful of others. My personal favorite on 7" tablets is Thumb Keyboard (not on sale, got as Amazon FOTD) as I like the extended layouts an ability to add a row of number keys at the top.

Edited by asheskitty, 01 September 2012 - 05:23 PM.

#17 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

It's not part of this sale, but Zombies, Run is also on sale from $8 -> $3. I've been waiting for a sale on it, so I grabbed it, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. But I know a lot of people who seem to love it as they run. Hoping it can help get me in shape a bit.

Link: https://play.google....vbWJpZXNydW4iXQ..

From the sale, I might pick up Crystal Defenders and Spirits.

#18 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

Max Payne is not listed on the deal page because it actually is not part of this deal, but is a seperate Rockstar deal for android and ios. It does end on Labor Day as well.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#19 PenguinMaster

PenguinMaster

Sacrilicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

I'll probably get a Nexus 7 soon but I don't currently have an Android device. Is there any way to buy something without an Android device?

Digital distribution is the death of the preservation of the arts.

Game Collection: http://backloggery.c...r=penguinmaster
Blu-ray Collection: http://www.blu-ray.c...action=overview

#20 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:16 PM

I'll probably get a Nexus 7 soon but I don't currently have an Android device. Is there any way to buy something without an Android device?

unfortunately no, that's still one area that iOS has Android beat

#21 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

You can register your google account on a friend's device. Even after you remove your account so he can't put his sticky hands all over your email you can still access the store on the web. I used to have an Android tablet. After wiping the device I left it attached to my account so that I can grab things that aren't compatible with my phone if I think I'll want them in the future.

If you don't have access to someone else's device and are a bit more computer savvy you may be able to access the store by downloading the Android SDK and using the emulator. Google around for more info on that.

#22 ddp72984

ddp72984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

Is there an official thread for when android games go on sale? Kinda like the one we have for ios? Thanks

#23 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

I love these sales! gonna get that roConnect remote app for sure, maybe a few games. Thanks for consolidating this OP. That Gangsters Rio won't work on any of my 3 devices!

Oh and don't forget Horn is finally out. I grabbed it today and mind=blown.
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#24 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

Is there an official thread for when android games go on sale? Kinda like the one we have for ios? Thanks

I found this thread. Its called the "Android games ongoing sales." http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=254076

Nobody has touched it for almost a year though.

Edit: I also found this one called "The Official Android thread". It seems to get more traffic than the other one but its not dedicated only to sales. http://www.cheapassg...ghlight=android

#25 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:27 AM

Regarding threads: I had poked around but I didn't see any particularly relevant threads, so I started this one. I've been around the PCDD threads for a few months and it seems customary for each major sale to have it's own thread (e.g. GamersGate Summer sale (4 weeks), U-Play $1 sale (4 days), Origin (5? days), etc). I find this handy for first post links as well as focused discussion. Per your implicit suggestion I put an announcement in the The Android Thread to notify interested CAGs that lurk there (as I had done in very social Steam Thread).

I hope you find something good in the sale! :grouphug:

#26 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:33 AM

Too bad Gangstar Rio is not available for T-mobile Galaxy S II otherwise I would pick that up too

Anyone know how good it is? I mean, it looks like a fantastic GTA clone; but it seems to have mixed ratings...

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#27 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:51 AM

Regarding threads: I had poked around but I didn't see any particularly relevant threads, so I started this one. I've been around the PCDD threads for a few months and it seems customary for each major sale to have it's own thread (e.g. GamersGate Summer sale (4 weeks), U-Play $1 sale (4 days), Origin (5? days), etc). I find this handy for first post links as well as focused discussion. Per your implicit suggestion I put an announcement in the The Android Thread to notify interested CAGs that lurk there (as I had done in very social Steam Thread).

I hope you find something good in the sale! :grouphug:

Yeah, I prefer when each sale has its own individual thread. I dont like how the indie bundles have their own thread but they keep updating when a new bundle comes out. Then you have to read the OP and search through the rest of the pages to find where people are talking about the current bundle.

#28 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:48 AM

Thanks.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#29 Daykain

Daykain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:50 AM

Not totally the right thread for this but some EA games actually downloaded and installed on my HP touch pad with CM9. I was surprised game of life actually worked. Hot Pursuit and ME3 also installed but not NBA Jams or Dead Space. Hopefully the compatibility will come soon for those as well.
Note: Only game of life is on sale.

#30 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:00 AM

I noticed there was a slightly different version of The Game of Life -- $0.87 (EA Nederland BV) Based on URL parsing the other version seems to be NA for North America, this version is ROW (Rest of World?) This appears legit. Last update date is the same as the other, but it is one bug rev lower (1.2.07 vs 1.2.08). Added to OP under "Other Notables"