Photo
- - - - -

Renew your Gamer's Club Unlocked Membership and get 250 RZ Points ($5)

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#1 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

I haven't seen anyone else post this so I thought I'd just mention it since many of us signed up the first day we could last year and our subscription is almost up.

Got an email about a week ago stating that if we renew our Gamer's Club Unlocked membership "before it expires" that we will receive 250 Reward Zone points ($5) for doing so. Effectively making the yearly membership only $10 (an even sweeter deal for those of us paying for the membership with trade in credit). There didn't appear to be a special link or anything like that, and the easiest way to renew would probably be when you are already buying something else (if your membership is almost expired it will prompt the cashier to ask if you would like to renew when you use your RZ card while checking out). Remember to grab a copy of this month's issue when you do!

A nice bonus for singing up for an already great program.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#2 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

I tried renewing yesterday and the cashier was clueless and told me to go to customer service. I didn't have time but I've got another week or so before it runs out and will be back in there before then.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#3 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

I renewed the other day, hope I get the 250 points. Does it state how long it will take to get the points because I never got said email.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#4 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

I renewed the other day, hope I get the 250 points. Does it state how long it will take to get the points because I never got said email.

Did not. Only time frame mentioned was that it had to be before your membership expired. 30 days for points is usually pretty standard, promo points can sometimes take longer.

Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#5 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

I renewed yesterday, was a pretty painless. Glad to see we'll get 250 RWZ points. Thanks for the heads up Budz

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#6 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

I renewed mine last weekend (8/25).. it was the usual gaming guy I see all the time. He was looking in the system and didn't see any special way to renew it, so he just signed me up for another year (I wasn't purchasing anything at the time, but knew my membership would expire soon). I went in yesterday to buy something and the gaming guy asked me if I wanted to renew my membership..so apparently, it hasn't updated yet? I'm not sure. I didn't have a problem with my magazines or anything the first time around.. hopefully it updates and continues on without any issues.

#7 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

I tried renewing yesterday and the cashier was clueless and told me to go to customer service. I didn't have time but I've got another week or so before it runs out and will be back in there before then.

If your store has one of the big touchscreen information displays for gaming (my store has it on an endcap), you can search for and print out the slip for GCU renewal to take to the register.

#8 The_cheapest_Daddy

The_cheapest_Daddy

(>••)>†

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

I was BB Sunday & completely forgot to renew it. I'll have to go next Tuesday than, thanks OP.
6962.png
Currently playing
:3ds: Bravely default

#9 crupp

crupp

Backlog Enhancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:10 PM

I got an email on 9/1 saying i needed to renew, but I didnt see any mention of 250 points.
Posted Image

#10 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

For the record, I am also a silver member but in no way did it make it sound like that's why I got the email. What was sent to me;

Just to remind you, your membership to Reward Zone® Gamers Club Unlocked is scheduled to expire on 09/11/2012. Renew your membership to continue receiving your great benefits. Renew your annual membership for $14.99 before it expires and you'll receive 250 bonus points
(a $5 reward certificate¹)
. So power up, hit start and renew your membership right away. Reward Zone Gamers Club Unlocked benefits include: • Bonus points on new game software, including digital content, and accessory purchases • 10% bonus credit on your trade-in video games • 10% off all pre-owned games • Free year-long subscription to @Gamer magazine, the exclusive gaming magazine • Exclusive Reward Zone Gamers Club Unlocked offers

#11 lawdood

lawdood

Digital Jedi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

Renewed mine yesterday afternoon, just got an email about 10 minutes ago 'thanking me for reloading.' No mention of 250 points in the email and nothing showing on my account...yet. I'm Premier Silver too so I guess we'll see.

th_w03j81.gif  

#12 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:25 PM

Renewed mine yesterday afternoon, just got an email about 10 minutes ago 'thanking me for reloading.' No mention of 250 points in the email and nothing showing on my account...yet. I'm Premier Silver too so I guess we'll see.

Just got the same email.

#13 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

I renewed early, in July, because I didn't want magazines to lapse. I didn't receive any bonus points or even the renewal/sign up coupons I think we are suppose to get.

So maybe the bonus points is a new thing and the coupons were just for the first sign up last year?

#14 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

Tagged to remind me to look into this. I don't expire until December, but if I can get $5 back for renewing, it's a no-brainer.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#15 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:38 PM

Just got the same email.

Me too, but i checked my current subscription on @gamer site and it doesn't say renew, so I'm worried that it'll start a new subscription, and it'll be a 2 months lapsed. It's not bad since u can go to the store and ask for a copy but it's just a hassle. I hope that's not the case.

#16 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

I got a reminder to renew email, but was no mention of 250 points in there.

#17 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:41 PM

Wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't the most efficient process. I signed up in September last year and it took 6-8 weeks to even reflect on my account, let alone to get any coupons or magazines. Of course, that won't stop my sub from expiring in September, so here's hoping they got their shit together.
Posted Image

#18 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:56 PM

I called up RZ and told them about the email and that I just renewed 2 days ago. Just wanted my account noted just in case the system does not automatically give me the 250 points. He looked at my account, told me to log out and log back in. I figured he was just going to give me the 250 points, but for some reason he was nice and actually gave me 750 ($15) worth of points.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#19 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

^Damn! Free subscription!

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#20 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

When I renewed in July, I think it took about 2 weeks before my GCU status at RZ website changed expiration to October 1, 2013 from Sept 2012.

#21 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

If I was to renew my subscription now, before it expires in October, would a new subscription period begin on the date of renewal or would the new year simply kick in when the October date comes around?

When I renewed in July, I think it took about 2 weeks before my GCU status at RZ website changed expiration to October 1, 2013 from Sept 2012.

Uh...I guess that answers my question. #-o

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#22 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

I wonder if the 250 points is only if you hold off on renewing till the last minute.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#23 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

I wonder if the 250 points is only if you hold off on renewing till the last minute.

This is kind of why I'm hesitant to renew right away; I don't want to forget to renew (I hope I get the email so I won't have to worry about that :roll:), and I also want those 250 points.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#24 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

Just got back from BBY and updated my membership. They just scanned the barcode from the flyer and it is already updated on the RZ website that my membership goes through 9/23/13. Painless once I knew what to do.

#25 Timenice

Timenice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:53 PM

So I just signed up in August if I renew will I get the 250 points

#26 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

I renewed today, as in like 20 minutes ago, and it already says my membership goes till 2013. Hopefully it will be seemless as I'm not a new member, just simply continued my subscription. Got an extra copy of this month's magazine along with it, cause why not?

I will post if/when my 250 points gets added. I copied everything the email said to me (it was sent from rewardzone by the way), so that's all I know. As I said, I am a silver member and I got this about 2 weeks ago so the email came about a month out from my subscription running out. All the info I have to give.

#27 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

Just got back from BBY and updated my membership. They just scanned the barcode from the flyer and it is already updated on the RZ website that my membership goes through 9/23/13. Painless once I knew what to do.

What flyer did you use? I got the email saying my membership ends soon (no mention of the 250 RWZ points though) but there's no link or barcode.

#28 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

I didn't get the email but I signed up last December. Hope I get one.

#29 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

I got the original email about renewing and getting 250 RZ points on 8/12. One month before my expiration on 9/12. Even asked about it here http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=2613 but no one responded. I also received the "Restart your quest" email today, but it didn't mention anything about the 250 RZ points. Hopefully they make goo on this and I don't have to call them.

Edited by klimb22, 04 September 2012 - 05:55 PM.

#30 ratedpg131987

ratedpg131987

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:46 PM

Does anybody know if you will also get the buy 2 get 1 free coupons with the renewal