#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:03 PM

Kindle Fire 7", LCD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB $159 - 9/14/12
Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 16 GB $199 - 9/14/12
Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 16 GB $299 - 11/20/12
Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 4G LTE Wireless, Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 32 GB $499 - 11/20/12

Kindle Paperwhite $119 - 11/1/12
Kindle Paperwhite 3G $179 - 11/1/12
Kindle $69 - Now shipping

What do you think, besides that these are "not a deal"?

Edited by CheapyD, 07 September 2012 - 08:54 AM.

#2 CHADSTONe

CHADSTONe

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:04 PM

What is this new kindle you speak of

#3 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:04 PM

No sale? For shame.

#4 OGHowie

OGHowie

Old Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:05 PM

Will wait for the iPad Mini announcement first, before deciding which one to buy for my kid. The original Fire was very disappointing because of the OS, which I ended up returning. Their APP selection just can't compete with iOS and the browser was just bad.

#5 mewman13

mewman13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:17 PM

The biggest problem I have with my kindle fire is that the memory is pre-partitioned for apps and other space. The books I have don't take up much space, and the other thing I use Fire for is playing games, but they count as app space instead of a general 8GB.
Is this changed in the new versions?

#6 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:19 PM

Not too interested in these, but the e-ink Kindle Paperwhite is sweet. I ordered one. Too bad it won't ship until October 1st.

Crunchewy.png

#7 htz

htz

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:33 PM

Not too interested in these, but the e-ink Kindle Paperwhite is sweet. I ordered one. Too bad it won't ship until October 1st.

I agree, out of today's kindle line update, the kindle paperwhite is the most interesting device even though its only an e-reader.

The kindle fire HD is just a locked down android tablet while most of its services can be obtained on any device including the nexus 7. Just load the kindle app, amazon store app, and you pretty much have a semi kindle fire without the x-ray and whispersync features. Also all the kindle fire HD devices now contain special offers/ads, unlike the original kindle fire.

#8 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:34 PM

Meh. That's really all I can say about these new Kindles. I do agree with crunchewy though, the Paperwhite one looks pretty cool. But it's a little disheartening knowing that Amazon chose to left out the little tidbit when showing these off that EVERY new Kindle will have lock-screen ads.

#9 Coltin

Coltin

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

New Fires look really cool, but I like iOS too much to invest in one. But the prices for them are great.

#10 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

Besides "not a deal", these don't interest me much. Gonna get an MS tablet eventually, but I need a new laptop first. Never had much of an interest in tablets.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#11 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:37 PM

Not really sure why we need a thread for this, unless some preorder bonuses are given.

#12 claypool

claypool

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:40 PM

Will wait for the iPad Mini announcement first, before deciding which one to buy for my kid. The original Fire was very disappointing because of the OS, which I ended up returning. Their APP selection just can't compete with iOS and the browser was just bad.

Get the Nexus 7

#13 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

How is this a gaming deal? We don't have threads for other tablets or phones or computers here. Policy change?

#14 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:47 PM

I still like to know what this means

No Other Company Offers This Kind of Flexibility
At Amazon, we make it easy for you to access your content on other devices. The books, videos, apps, audiobooks, games, and music that you buy for your Kindle Fire can also be enjoyed on Amazon apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, game consoles, TVs and more.

I wonder if that means amazon will make all the apps on the new fire work on ps3,360 ,pc and more

i dont think the old fires allowed this I dont ever recall getting an FIRE APP to play on a game system unless im wrong (probally)
WOOOO I STINK

#15 AdamTen

AdamTen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:48 PM

Not really sure why we need a thread for this, unless some preorder bonuses are given.

Because the website gets a referral bonus if you see it here and click through and buy it.

#16 orangecrush

orangecrush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:50 PM

I think the fire 7 HD is super nice looking and will give the nexus 7 some serious competition.

#17 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:52 PM

Which is why they keep deleting any thread dealing with Locke-

*** kitsinisan has disconnected from the server ***

#18 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:55 PM

How is this a gaming deal? We don't have threads for other tablets or phones or computers here. Policy change?

Maybe because the owner of this site wants one?

#19 htz

htz

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:56 PM

He owns this site, so he can post whatever he wants, even a refrigerator.

#20 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:59 PM

"What do you think, besides that these are "not a deal"?"

I think it's good to be the king, anybody else would have been crucified posting this ;-)

I also think there are too many 7" tablets out it's giving me a headache, and I'm sick of waiting. Waiting for Target to clearance the old Fires, waiting for a Google Nexus or Tab sale, waiting for the iPad mini. I bought an iPod Touch last July, and though no one ever calls it a tablet I've been really using it alot and would like a bigger 7" screen, I think 9" or 10" would to too big. So the Kindle Fire HD 7 is close to being purchased right now. Not the revamped Fire though, no way, no how. I'm a CAG, but the revamped Kindle Fire (shoudln't they have at least called it "The New Kindle Fire" or KF2?) just doesn't look compelling for saving $40 over the HD: better screen - 1024 x 600 vs. 1280 x 800, longer battery - 11 vs. 9.5 hrs, storage - 8GB vs. 16GB, plus a camera, better processor, sound and Wi-Fi. That's a lot of extra stuff for only $40 more. Heck most companies charge you an extra $50 for only the extra 8GB.
I would like the Nexus's GPS and the Tab's IR port, so nothing is perfect, or a $250 7" New iPod Touch since I've purchased so many apps I'ld lose switching from iOS, but looks like I'll be buying the 7" HD.

Thanks for posting CheapyD, I'm sure somebody will talk me out of buying one.

#21 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:00 AM

He owns this site, so he can post whatever he wants, even a refrigerator.

I know he runs the site.

It was a fair question and for what it's worth, I don't think sucking up will get you anywhere.

#22 preston181

preston181

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:02 AM

Meh, I'll stick with my 2nd gen Kindle, and my 3rd gen iPad. They have their purposes, and don't do each other's purposes very well: the Kindle is great for reading, but sucks for gaming, and the iPad isn't great for reading, but great for everything else. Just my opinion though...

#23 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:04 AM

Will wait for the iPad Mini announcement first, before deciding which one to buy for my kid.

:roll:

Thanks for this post cheapy, had planned on getting one soon. Team Amazon, though I still like my google

#24 htz

htz

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:10 AM

I know he runs the site.

It was a fair question and for what it's worth, I don't think sucking up will get you anywhere.

It's not sucking up when it is fact that he can post whatever he wants, so whats the point of questioning it.

#25 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:10 AM

Maybe we have been lucky, but we have never had any issues with the Kindle Fire I got my wife last year for Christmas. It does everything she wants it to. I use it from time to time and I think it's great for what it is. Would I love an ipad, sure. But not for the price.

#26 orangecrush

orangecrush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:11 AM

What do you think, besides that these are "not a deal"?

Perfect

#27 voormis

voormis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

Shameless thread.

#28 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

the 8.9" one looks great I might get one and $300 is not a bad price, wi-fi is enough for me I don't need 4G, looks like I got until November to think about it

T9rTk6Q.gif

#29 UNDERSTAR

UNDERSTAR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:15 AM

I really do like the specs but knowing my ass, I'm gonna pick up the iPad mini when it comes out. Apple has a lot off apps that I want than the Amazon/Google market.

#30 claypool

claypool

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:18 AM

I still like to know what this means

No Other Company Offers This Kind of Flexibility
At Amazon, we make it easy for you to access your content on other devices. The books, videos, apps, audiobooks, games, and music that you buy for your Kindle Fire can also be enjoyed on Amazon apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, game consoles, TVs and more.

I wonder if that means amazon will make all the apps on the new fire work on ps3,360 ,pc and more

i dont think the old fires allowed this I dont ever recall getting an FIRE APP to play on a game system unless im wrong (probally)

Where is that from?