Pay what you want for McPixel *(Over)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:34 PM

Just seen this on kotaku of all places. Pay whatever you want and they send a DRM free copy and a Desura key to your email.
http://mcpixel.net/
On his site he talks about if his game makes it to Steam via Steam Greenlight he MAY provide steam keys. I like any company that adopts game distributing practices like this. Not everyone is rich =)

Edited by stupidproz1, 26 September 2012 - 03:49 AM.

#2 KyRoen

KyRoen

The Boss Luigi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

Awesome i wanted to get this but I was like... 10 bucks is too much but PWYW helps me actually get it! YAY! Thx OP :D
"Well like they say in Brooklyn, early to bed early to catch the worm, or is it the bagel?" - Luigi

#3 kozuchrules

kozuchrules

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

Not sure how well-received this will be, but here goes:

Go to piratebay.org today. The header is a message by the creator or McPixel. He is basically saying that if you can't afford to pay anything, download the game for free with his blessing. Kinda cool option for people that are flat broke.
"I'm hurt doc"
"Join the Nintendo Fun Club today!"

#4 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:44 PM

He was part of the Because We May campaign and wanted $300 for his game Super Office Stress "because he could."

I think he's kind of a douche.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#5 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:12 PM

He was part of the Because We May campaign and wanted $300 for his game Super Office Stress "because he could."

I think he's kind of a douche.

I don't know if hes a douche as much as he is just a weirdo. McPixel is def worth the dollar I paid....if it comes to steam and I get a key that's a bonus.

#6 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:34 PM

Paypal shut me out of adding any money to my account and for the past 3 months I've been trying to get the problem sorted out. Still haven't been able to but I had $1.01 sitting in my account.

I just went ahead and gave him the whole $1.01 I had. I would give a bit more but PayPal just won't let me.

#7 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

Paypal shut me out of adding any money to my account and for the past 3 months I've been trying to get the problem sorted out. Still haven't been able to but I had $1.01 sitting in my account.

I just went ahead and gave him the whole $1.01 I had. I would give a bit more but PayPal just won't let me.

I had the same problem with Paypal recently, I was able to send and receive payments but it wouldn't let me add funds to my account, they sent me an email that said my account was under review and was unable to add money to it until the issue was resolved. They later sent me another email that asked me to re-enter all my personal info, I was skeptical at first but I did it anyways, it took them about 3 months to fully review my account and just last week they sent another email that said they would return it back to normal (which they did).

T9rTk6Q.gif

#8 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:17 PM

I had the same problem with Paypal recently, I was able to send and receive payments but it wouldn't let me add funds to my account, they sent me an email that said my account was under review and was unable to add money to it until the issue was resolved. They later sent me another email that asked me to re-enter all my personal info, I was skeptical at first but I did it anyways, it took them about 3 months to fully review my account and just last week they sent another email that said they would return it back to normal (which they did).

My account was returned to normal but I'm unable to add funds. They ignore any attempts I make at contacting them.

#9 Calm

Calm

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

Yeah the guy isn't a dick. He gave keys away on pirate bay since he understood people in some countries have no way to buy his game. That's a cool move in my eye, working with the pirates rather than punishing people who want to buy the game.

And the game is fun, worth the couple bucks I gave to him.

#10 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:27 AM

McPixel is on steam!

Even better, it's been announced that those that bought it (including PWYW) will be getting a steam key:

http://blog.sos.gd/m...l-steam-redeem/

#11 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:29 AM

McPixel is on steam!

Even better, it's been announced that those that bought it (including PWYW) will be getting a steam key:

Was just about to point this out lol

I was so busy with other games I never even had a chance to play McPixel after buying it. Getting a free Steam key is a nice bonus. So glad I bought this during the McPromo!

#12 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:18 AM

I don't seem to have a key on my page. I got it for free during the McPromo. =\ Did anyone else who got it for free find a key on their page?
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#13 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:20 AM

I don't seem to have a key on my page. I got it for free during the McPromo. =\ Did anyone else who got it for free find a key on their page?

I think you had to pay at least 1 cent to get keys, if I'm remembering correctly.

#14 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:28 AM

I only paid a penny for the desura key and now I got a steam key :)

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#15 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:38 AM

Damn, is it sad if I can't remember whether I bought this or not?
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#16 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:46 AM

Hahah thanks for this would've never realized unless I seen this thread cause I didn't get an email.

McPixel is on steam!