Photo
- - - - -

Spec Ops the Line 39.99- global price drop?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

Very tempted, here's the premium edition at BB:

http://www.bestbuy.c... line&lp=2&cp=1

#2 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

No!!!!! This was a good gs to bb flip. Now its ruined. Oh well. Ill pick this up once it hits $20.

#3 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:57 PM

I don't think it's a global price drop. On the page it says you can buy a pre-owned copy for $44.99

#4 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Hmmm...tough call. New for $39.99, or used for $44.99?

#5 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

This is very likely a global drop since the upcoming weekly ad for Gamestop features the same price under "Price Drops": http://www.gamestop....12/default.aspx

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS3 HD  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#6 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

No!!!!! This was a good gs to bb flip. Now its ruined. Oh well. Ill pick this up once it hits $20.

Agreed. I've told myself no more military shooters until they're dirt cheap, my heart is set on BF3. I bought MW3 and BF3 at the same time, MW3 was sold a few months later.

Ghost Recon FS came along, Also sold a few months later, and I'm STILL playing BF3.

I'll wait for a $10-20 price tag.

#7 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

A lot of the reviews of this game have said the story is pretty interesting and entertaining for a military shooter. Different from most of the others. I cant wait to pick it up dirt cheap in a few months.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#8 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

i picked this up on ebay brand new around launch for $40...definitely worth the price, i played through it a few times...awesome story

596772.png

#9 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

Most likely a global price drop, saw it on amazon starting a few days ago for $39.99 also.

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B00320JAWY/

#10 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:58 PM

how good is this game?

ign has it as a top 25 ps3 game

#11 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

A lot of the reviews of this game have said the story is pretty interesting and entertaining for a military shooter. Different from most of the others. I cant wait to pick it up dirt cheap in a few months.

The story is good -- once you get about halfway thru the game. It starts off pretty generic, but give it a chance, and it develops into something interesting.

#12 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

Thats cool, I am definately going to get it later. I just made a pact with myself that I cant buy any games over $10 plus tax until I get through most of my 40 or so game backlog. And since i keep getting free PSN plus games, the backlog keeps growing.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#13 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

Thats cool, I am definately going to get it later. I just made a pact with myself that I cant buy any games over $10 plus tax until I get through most of my 40 or so game backlog. And since i keep getting free PSN plus games, the backlog keeps growing.

I wish I had a low number like that. I hardly have time for games now with school and everything. I'll pick up a game for $10 or $15, and it'll sit there for a long while...Here's to playing current gen console games when the next generation drops...

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#14 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

That's what I keep hearing, and it has made me interested. But I'll hold out for $20.

#15 GaMeR_2007

GaMeR_2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

^ Yeah, same here.

#16 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:45 PM

The story is really, really, really good. Its one of the shooters that I had no issue playing through SINGLE player a second time to catch things I missed. Really well done.

Multiplayer is worthless though and it was shoehorned into the game and you can tell.

#17 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

I bought it for the single player and it was really good but the single player wasn't that long

#18 thejnc

thejnc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

It's $40 over at amazon now too.

#19 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:03 PM

looking forward to the inevitable $10 price at BB or GF!!!

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#20 Phokal

Phokal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:12 PM

This is one of the better games released this year. It's a tad short though, so I can see why some people would want to wait a bit longer. Worth every penny at the $25 I picked up the PC version for, though.

Just, don't look up too much on it. Better to go in blind.