Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#1 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:40 PM

Hi CAGs,

Posted Image

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

Posted Image

In the "Product Description" section:

Posted Image

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

Posted Image

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Edited by Amazon DVG Deals, 10 January 2013 - 06:46 PM.
small formatting changes

#2 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

Additional thread notes:

1. Please do not flame other forum members in thread, regardless of what you are responding to. If you feel the need to shoot back an inflammatory response PM myself or the Mods to handle the conversation.

2. We do not match international retailers (GMG, GOG, GG, GetGamesGo, etc.) nor do we match boxed products.

3. Prices generally flip between 12:30-1AM PST on the first day of the planned sale.

Complaints regarding the quality of deals:

If you are unhappy with the quality of a given deal, do not post feedback that is not actionable. This negativity invites response by those who may have previously requested the deal you are commenting on. If you would like to leave feedback on the quality of a deal please structure it as 'I am not interested in this deal but I would be at $xx.xx'.

Please do not expect a response, from Tony or others in the thread to such complaints, these discussions tend to immediately derail the thread for pages.

Lastly, if you see a complaint and you'd like to respond to it, please do not, these conversations have proven unproductive and thread derailing. NOTE THIS RULE HAS BEEN CREATED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE MODERATION TEAM.

This list will continue to grow.

Edited by Amazon DVG Deals, 08 January 2013 - 02:00 AM.

Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#3 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:35 AM

Will Amazon offer a Borderlands 2 Season Pass deal?
¬°Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#4 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:43 AM

yay, new thread. Sadly nothing this week. You got enough of my money two weeks ago though
PS3, 360, Wii, DS,3DS, Vita
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:54 AM

Damn, I'll always miss that ghost page. =[

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#6 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:57 AM

was wondering where the other pages went :D
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#7 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:58 AM

Oh! Fresh :-)
Posted Image

#8 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:02 AM

Good to see a new thread. The old one had been glitched for weeks.

I guess I'd better plant the flag in this here new thread.

Edited by The End, 05 January 2013 - 09:32 AM.

#9 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:04 AM

Where did all the pages go.. Anyway, thanks for continuing the awesome deals. My friends and I are looking forward to Borderlands 2 which we got in a four pack from Amazon. Thanks!

Maybe a deal on Sleeping Dogs or Darksiders 2 somewhat soon?

76561197977258746.pngAddFriend.png 

Spoiler

#10 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:05 AM

*Inhale* New thread smell!
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#11 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:10 AM

Noooo... ghost page! I love/hate that feeling where I read an entire page of posts, then notice that I'm on the 2nd to last page and click the ghost page, then start re-reading the posts again with a sickening feeling of deja vu in my head....
Posted Image

#12 dkl415

dkl415

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:15 AM

Nice price on Walking Dead.

I know it went that low during Steam's Summer Sale. Any reasonable speculation if the price will drop further any time soon?

#13 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:19 AM

Why are there not more sandbox vehicular combat action RPGs?

Hear, hear. A modern remake of Interstate 76 with cutting-edge graphics and a new funk soundtrack would be an instabuy.

#14 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:22 AM

Rest in peace, Amazon thread #2.

#15 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:22 AM

Nice price on Walking Dead.

I know it went that low during Steam's Summer Sale. Any reasonable speculation if the price will drop further any time soon?

Two episodes have yet to come out, so I'm guessing that maybe TWD will be cheaper next year, but I think for the next couple of months $15 is as low as it will be.

#16 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:38 AM

I already finished WD 1+2 on PSN (thanks, PS+). If I buy it on PC and start from Episode 3, can I select what happened in 1+2?

#17 BMXJouster

BMXJouster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:51 AM

Hey Tony, I just wanted to let you know that I contacted Amazon customer service directly about my Borderlands 2 4-Pack issue. The problem ended up being what I thought it was so they canceled the order and let me reorder it and I got my 4 keys fine.

I just wanted to thank you for trying to help with the situation. I can't wait to play Borderlands 2 on Tuesday. ;)

#18 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:54 AM

Nothing for me this week unfortunately. Blame all these good games coming out that make me hesitant to add to my backlog.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#19 equalsP

equalsP

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:00 AM

Hear, hear. A modern remake of Interstate 76 with cutting-edge graphics and a new funk soundtrack would be an instabuy.

Omg, 76 was one of my favorite games ever. I actually listen to soundtrack ever few weeks or so and reminisce. Picked up 76 and 82 on gog in hopes to play them again. Still part of the ole backlog though...

we do need another entry in the vehicle combat genre. Not enough these past years.

#20 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:07 AM

I already finished WD 1+2 on PSN (thanks, PS+). If I buy it on PC and start from Episode 3, can I select what happened in 1+2?

This is my question as well. I'd kill for that on the PC, but would like to know if I can carry my choices or trick the game into what I've already done, etc.

(If anyone wants to know if the games are worth it, The Walking Dead is one of the best games I've played this year. at 15 bucks, it's a steal. My only complaint is that I can never find a good chunk of time to play through the episodes in one sitting!)

#21 9Tale

9Tale

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:12 AM

This is my question as well. I'd kill for that on the PC, but would like to know if I can carry my choices or trick the game into what I've already done, etc.

(If anyone wants to know if the games are worth it, The Walking Dead is one of the best games I've played this year. at 15 bucks, it's a steal. My only complaint is that I can never find a good chunk of time to play through the episodes in one sitting!)

No way to do this without a save. Even then upon next release your save could glitch and get deleted. No tricks, but the game might randomly align with your choices.

But I wouldn't be too concerned about this issue.

#22 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:21 AM

Nice of the new thread and all. But does this mean we wont get our answer of what games will be in the new strat first bundle?

Everything is cool if we have to wait until its release, but any sort of heads up would be much appreciated. Even if it is that we wont know until it is released. At least we would know then. Thanks, Tony.

#23 Cofresi

Cofresi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:24 AM

To Tera or not to Tera? That the question!

I already got my mmo dosis with swtor but i enjoyed the trial of Tera... Any Tera player know if the choronoscroll are easy to get in the in-game auction house?

#24 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:56 AM

Just wanted to toss this question back in here since you didn't answer it in the last thread, Tony:

"I know I'm alone here, but I'd really like to see the Hard Truck Apocalypse games in the 1C or Strategy First bundles.

I have the second one, Rise of the Clans, and the game is a beautiful mess. The WORST translating I have EVER seen in a game, ever, complete with voiceovers, obstacles you can get stuck on which force you to reload from a previous save, completely horrendous AI, and yet... I love it.

Why are there not more sandbox vehicular combat action RPGs?

Basically, could you tell me if the Hard Truck Apocalypse games are going to be in either the Strategy First or 1C bundles, or available on sale alone?"

... Interstate 76 ...

I've never heard of that one. Looks like I better check it out!

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#25 Patch517

Patch517

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:25 AM

If anyone hasn't bought TWD yet, BUY IT. I was hesitant last time because I'm not really a big fan of adventure/point and clicks, I said Fuck it and went for it, and I absolutely loved it. Even picked up the Sam & Max complete pack from Steam this weekend. If you do get the Telltale pack Tony I might consider picking up Back to the Future and Tales from Monkey Island from you guys, so get on it :)

Anyway, any news on Arkham City GOTY yet?

#26 Luckz

Luckz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:55 PM

Email:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who have shown interest in MMOs at Amazon.com might be interested to know that "Guild Wars 2" is now available. [..]

- I have not shown interest in MMOs, as far as I can recall
- the image it shows says "Standard Edition, Pre-Purchase". considering the game was released a few weeks ago, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense

#27 johnnynnhoj

johnnynnhoj

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

Email:

- I have not shown interest in MMOs, as far as I can recall
- the image it shows says "Standard Edition, Pre-Purchase". considering the game was released a few weeks ago, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense

Yeah I get a lot of random emails about games I haven't looked at or games that are full price when it says they're on sale.

#28 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

Is there an actual Video Game GOTY contest? I mean like The Oscars. Would be nice to see WD in the running for it.

#29 Fozbot

Fozbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:51 PM

Is there an actual Video Game GOTY contest? I mean like The Oscars. Would be nice to see WD in the running for it.

Agree! This is a great game... and I don't usually play this genre. The story is so gripping and you make a true emotional connection to the characters.

#30 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

Agree! This is a great game... and I don't usually play this genre. The story is so gripping and you make a true emotional connection to the characters.

Exactly, I'd love to see some sort of industry/fan recognition for a genre that needs it. I'd love to see more games like WD.