Photo
- - - - -

TODAY ONLY - 9/20/12 - Battlefield 10th Anniversary $10 Sale at Origin (PC download)

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#1 JohnDM

JohnDM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:44 PM

DEAL IS NOW LIVE AS OF 8 A.M. PST, FELLOW CAGS!

I was notified through an email from EA's Battlefield mailer, but it is also on the Origin game launcher's store section and Origin.com. Both can be found under the "Deals" tab, or just click the link below.

JOIN THE BATTLE FOR ONLY $10

EA is celebrating 10 years of the Battlefield franchise with a one day sale of a selection of six (more like four really) Battlefield titles good through 9/20/2012 and expires 9/21/12 at 3 a.m. PST.

Titles included in the sale, along with normal prices:
  • Battlefield 3 $39.99
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Digital Deluxe Edition (includes BC2: Vietnam) $49.99
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Vietnam (requires BC2) $14.99
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $19.99
  • Battlefield 2: Complete Collection $19.99
  • Battlefield 2142 Deluxe Edition $14.99

These are all direct download only titles, so sorry to console owners out there. No codes needed, just select what you want on the deals page via the check boxes and go to checkout. Buying them any other way may likely charge you full price, so buy what you want through the deals page and double check before you confirm!

Not a bad deal if someone wants to dip their toes into Battlefield 3 and I can tell you it is way worth $10. Now EA also offers the Premium Edition for $59.99 on PC/PS3/360 which has the vanilla game, a subscription to their "Premium Club" that includes all five map packs as they become available as well as a "multiplayer head start kit." Buying the game for $10 and the $50 Premium Club separately would get you just about the same things, but without the head start kit that unlocks some things for you at the start. That said the base package is still a lot of content and will always find servers that cater to those who don't have the map packs, or you could just buy them all separately, but that wouldn't be very CAG now would it? As for Bad Company 2, just get the Digital Deluxe Edition since it comes with everything including the Vietnam expansion, unless you just need Vietnam and already have BC2 in your Origin account.

Legal mumbo-jumbo from the bottom of the deals page:

Spoiler

Enjoy!

EDIT #1: Looks like some people are having issues getting the sale price, myself included. This is also an issue seen by people at Slick Deals. My advice would be to hold off and try again a little later. I hate to say it but it may be typical EA not having their ducks in a row when doing a promotion. Sorry about that you guys.

EDIT #2: Ok, randomly checked out the store just now and the deals seem live on both the client and website. I tested them myself and you should see the prices be $10 on the shopping cart screen before you even have to input a form of payment. If they aren't then I don't know what to tell you.

Edited by JohnDM, 20 September 2012 - 03:08 PM.

#2 mrwogs2

mrwogs2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:52 PM

That is an amazing deal.

#3 CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

When you add the games to your cart and checkout it lists them at their regular price. Anyone else seeing this behaviour?

#4 JohnDM

JohnDM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:40 PM

When you add the games to your cart and checkout it lists them at their regular price. Anyone else seeing this behaviour?

Odd, I swear it worked earlier, but I am getting that on both the Origin software and Origin.com store pages. Perhaps hold off and try again later. I'll amend my post a bit but I am positive there's no discount code to apply.

#5 legs1986

legs1986

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

same issue, I click add to cart for BF2 BC delux and BF3 and it says 20$, I go to check out and it's now 89.98 =/

#6 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

Doesn't work for me either. They show regular price on cart.
Posted Image

#7 Tallkido

Tallkido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

Thats what i found in the link lol

.holiday-deals-2011
Posted Image

#8 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

Damn, good deal. I already have all those though except 2142 and Vietnam and I don't want either - but good for anyone who doesn't have these games.

#9 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:14 PM

The new Battlefield 3 Premium edition that retails for $60 is just BF3 + the BF3 Premium add-on that sells for 50 bucks, right? In other words, if I were to buy this and then find a deal on premium later, is there any added bonus that I'd be missing out on (maps, weapons, skins, unlocks, whatever) by not buying everything in the Premium Edition package?
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#10 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

The new Battlefield 3 Premium edition that retails for $60 is just BF3 + the BF3 Premium add-on that sells for 50 bucks, right? In other words, if I were to buy this and then find a deal on premium later, is there any added bonus that I'd be missing out on (maps, weapons, skins, unlocks, whatever) by buying everything in the Premium Edition package?

That's mostly correct, I think.

Premium plus BF3 will get you all the maps and stuff like that but I believe some skins come from third parties (Alienware, that Dr. Pepper promo, etc.) and as far as I know Premium does not include the starter packs so yes you can access everything but you'll have to play a lot to uniock all the equipment, etc.

I might be wrong though, I don't have Premium so I can't say for sure.

#11 JohnDM

JohnDM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

The new Battlefield 3 Premium edition that retails for $60 is just BF3 + the BF3 Premium add-on that sells for 50 bucks, right? In other words, if I were to buy this and then find a deal on premium later, is there any added bonus that I'd be missing out on (maps, weapons, skins, unlocks, whatever) by buying everything in the Premium Edition package?

As far as I can remember "Premium" means getting:
  • The five DLC maps planned at a discount (5 * $15 = $75 if bought ala cart)
  • Getting those maps a week before everyone else
  • Some unique dog tags and knife
  • Exclusive videos
  • Access to exclusive extra XP events

As far as I can recall that's what comes with the package, though sometimes they would rather tack on some of their "headstart" packs which just unlocks some perks that you would get anyway through playing the game normally. EA would rather do that than offer a discount on the service because the former costs them absolutely nothing. If you waited this long and wanted the complete experience, then buying the Premium Edition would be the way to go because it's better than buying the game at full price plus the $50 premium service. But the game is popular enough that you could just get away with buying Battlefield 3 vanilla for $10 and still find a lot of people to play with.

#12 Quezz

Quezz

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

It seems to be working now.

#13 crookshow

crookshow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

The new Battlefield 3 Premium edition that retails for $60 is just BF3 + the BF3 Premium add-on that sells for 50 bucks, right? In other words, if I were to buy this and then find a deal on premium later, is there any added bonus that I'd be missing out on (maps, weapons, skins, unlocks, whatever) by not buying everything in the Premium Edition package?

There's no difference between buying the premium edition of the game vs the premium pass separately. Only if you we're to buy the dlc packs individually would you miss out on the premium exclusives.

#14 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

After doing a little research, Premium Edition adds a Multiplayer Headstart Pack, which gives you 15 early unlocks for multiplayer. Eh, not enough for me to commit to the full package at this point.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#15 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

People still play BF2? I mean I own it still but really... M4 was so sexy..
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#16 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:38 PM

TY OP Never bought the PC version for some reason. EA also says I will get a free poster...

"your order includes a free limited edition Battlefield 3 poster. Your poster will be shipped within 10 business days of your order. This is the first of four limited edition posters, only available from Origin. Be sure to visit Origin in the next few weeks to complete your entire collection.
Help us to improve Origin by participating in this short Your order includes a free limited edition Battlefield 3 poster. Your poster will be shipped within 10 business days of your order. This is the first of four limited edition posters, only available from Origin. Be sure to visit Origin in the next few weeks to complete your entire collection."
Posted Image

#17 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

I owned this on 360 but never played it before trading it. Just built my rig and $10 seems to good to pass up for this. Not crazy about installing Origin, but no biggie I guess

#18 psngt

psngt

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

Origin is celebrating Battlefield 10th anniversary.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Digital Deluxe Edition
Battlefield 3
Battlefield 2142 Deluxe Edition

http://store.origin....goryID.60061500

#19 Yankeessuck193

Yankeessuck193

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

BF3 for $10 is awesome. Thanks OP!
The chance of getting a Touchpad at my local BB is the chance of Texas legalizing gay marriage with Rick Perry as the governor. :applause:

#20 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

Just got my gaming pc and been waiting on a good deal on BF3. Loved it on consoles. Really wanted to avoid using origin but its hard to say no at this price

#21 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=328754

cagSig.png515886.png

#22 psngt

psngt

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

BF3 for $10 is awesome. Thanks OP!

Definitely worth it!

#23 DaBoltz

DaBoltz

Casual CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:21 PM

Just got my gaming pc and been waiting on a good deal on BF3. Loved it on consoles. Really wanted to avoid using origin but its hard to say no at this price

+1
Really have done all I can to avoid installing Origin. This deal is weakening my resolve!

Does Origin still gather info from your computer? I honestly haven't kept up to date. Google searches show forums where some say it's still there but 'don't worry about it'.

589637.png

#24 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

+1
Really have done all I can to avoid installing Origin. This deal is weakening my resolve!

Does Origin still gather info from your computer? I honestly haven't kept up to date. Google searches show forums where some say it's still there but 'don't worry about it'.

I just wear my tin foil hat when I use origin.

#25 JohnDM

JohnDM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:25 PM

I actually bought Battlefield 3 for about $30-35 earlier this year and was legitimately surprised how well it ran on my PC, even better than Bad Company 2 which arguably had lower quality graphics. That and graphics settings can be toggled on the fly like a modern PC game should be. I mean, I wish I waited until now and for whatever reason the thought of a season pass style DLC map pack didn't cross my mind at the time. It's a good game despite EA being themselves and it's one of the few reasons why I even stick with the company even the slightest.

Origin I could take or leave. I just launch my games in my task bar and I barely have to deal with it. But in my experience, if you want to buy a game and it HAS to use Origin? Just load up the client and buy it there and not from the website. The two are not linked together well like Steam and getting purchases to be recognized by the client has been a pain before. So if you buy Battlefield, probably do it from the client and save yourself a little bit of a headache.

#26 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

I just wear my tin foil hat when I use origin.

^this:applause: :applause:
Posted Image

#27 lidl

lidl

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

Would've bitten I they didn't restrict this to certain countries :-/ Not discounted in my store.
:hd: :360: :psp: :gba: :wii: :dvd: :ps2: :xbox: :gc: :ds: :pc: :ps3:

#28 zubalove

zubalove

Old and In the Way

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

All I have is Battlefield 1942 The Complete Collection. If I was to get one thing here, which would it be? I am leaning towards BF3 on x360 just to play with friends on live. If I ruled that out, what has the best single player?

#29 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

All I have is Battlefield 1942 The Complete Collection. If I was to get one thing here, which would it be? I am leaning towards BF3 on x360 just to play with friends on live. If I ruled that out, what has the best single player?

Only BF games w/ decent single-player are the Bad Company games.

#30 Dev518

Dev518

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

Planescape Torment for $6 on GOG. BF3 is the only game with a real single player campaign.