Photo
- - - - -

Kmart weekly ad 9/23 to 9/29: $15 gaming coupon w/ FIFA 13, B2G1 free clearance games

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:12 PM

The video game deals in the upcoming Kmart ad:

:360::ps3: (and maybe other versions?) Buy FIFA Soccer 13 for $59.99, get a $15 gaming coupon towards a future video game purchase from September 30 through November 10.

Posted Image Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all clearance games.

#2 jms5118

jms5118

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

Kmart used to have such amazing deals, what ever happened to the Kmartgamer guy(don't remember exact name),

#3 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

I think he got laid off when they got into financial problems again and got out of the good game deals business.

#4 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:23 PM

At my nearest store: Enslaved PS3 with Marvel comic for 5, PS Move Heroes for 5, Yoostar 2 for 5, and Centipede Infestation for 3DS for 5. Oh, and Singstar Vol 2 for Playstation 2 for 5. Heh.

What will I do?!?

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#5 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

buy them?

#6 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

buy them?

lol

I'm thinking of grabbing Centipede and Heroes, but I'm torn whether I want my freebie to be Yoostar or Enslaved. One will be corny fun maybe, the other I already have for 360 but would supply me with a dandy collectible comic.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#7 Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:31 PM

Does anyone know if the original Bioshock for the 360 is on clearance and how much it is?

#8 fantomgamer

fantomgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:29 PM

Does anyone know if the original Bioshock for the 360 is on clearance and how much it is?

$6. If you can find one.

#9 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

I think he got laid off when they got into financial problems again and got out of the good game deals business.

I think he still works for SHC, but in a different department.

Trade List Games & DLC

#10 Me4Tull

Me4Tull

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:12 AM

Kmart used to have such amazing deals, what ever happened to the Kmartgamer guy(don't remember exact name),

LOL. That guy stopped games from dropping to $2 or $3 dollars. I use to find plenty of good games for only a few dollars each but he put an end to the glory days. Buying games for $30 to $50 dollars just to get a coupon to use toward another game is not an amazing deal but is a way for Kmart to get a lot more money out of your pocket. Apparently, you were not around when it was exciting to go on a treasure hunt at Kmart. You could fill your shopping bag with a whole bunch of games for the price that you pay for one game now!

#11 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:22 AM

LOL. That guy stopped games from dropping to $2 or $3 dollars. I use to find plenty of good games for only a few dollars each but he put an end to the glory days. Buying games for $30 to $50 dollars just to get a coupon to use toward another game is not an amazing deal but is a way for Kmart to get a lot more money out of your pocket. Apparently, you were not around when it was exciting to go on a treasure hunt at Kmart. You could fill your shopping bag with a whole bunch of games for the price that you pay for one game now!

The "treasure hunt" is great if you don't mind waiting a year or more after release to play a game. Josh (Kmartgamer) was awesome for those that like to play games at release and still save some money.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:04 AM

Any more free $5 rewards card w/ $50 purchase in the ad too?

#13 fantomgamer

fantomgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:09 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

I answered this a couple posts above...

#14 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:10 AM

How can we tell if the game is clearance? Price ends with $xx.98?

#15 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:16 AM

Are you related to IATCG?

#16 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:40 AM

Any more free $5 rewards card w/ $50 purchase in the ad too?

No reward cards were mentioned in the ad.

#17 cubeenigma

cubeenigma

Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:56 AM

for stores that rarely update prices to clearance ones, how would I know if a game was on clearance? is there a forum post with a master list? I've tried searching but no luck :/

#18 rawrker

rawrker

Supreme Llama Tickler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:02 AM

Yes that is an amazing deal when you can get new release titles from $20-$30 off, and even free games with your purchase. It also increased the traffic to Kmart's electronics section by a lot and put it on the map in sales.

Finding cheap games is always nice, but most people aren't lucky to find those lovely $2-$3 games. They brought the clearance back, and it took like a week for most stores to be gutted of almost anything really decent.

#19 Me4Tull

Me4Tull

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:51 AM

Are you related to IATCG?

No. I'm not related to anyone on this site. There are a few of us who have been around here long enough to remember how good it use to be in finding great deals.

#20 NeedMoreMoney

NeedMoreMoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

Would love to know the current prices on clearance items such as in a list or something. While some stores might discount certain items even more, all the games/systems have a specific price that is company wide.

#21 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:00 PM

Would love to know the current prices on clearance items such as in a list or something. While some stores might discount certain items even more, all the games/systems have a specific price that is company wide.

Go find out and report back.

#22 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:01 PM

Does anyone know if the games that say check shelf tag, will they be B2G1 or does it require an override (90%)?

#23 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:01 PM

Go find out and report back.

Well said man, well said.

#24 XxLady_AthenaxX

XxLady_AthenaxX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:17 PM

From personal experience with deals like this, you can end up with games that technically aren't Clearance. What I mean is when games that you know for a fact are not Clearance but end up on the Clearance shelf/table, like Nintendo Selects.

I remember a few months ago when Kmart had a buy 1 Clearance game, get the 2nd 50% off sale. My local Kmart had a HUGE Clearance table with tons of games on there, and some were even priced at $30... kind of odd for Clearance. Anyways, I asked the cashier ahead of time and he said that everything on the table was indeed Clearance and part of the sale.

Long story short, that's how I ended up with Homefront and Zelda: Twilight Princess for $29.99, so don't be afraid to ask. It's too bad that the Kmart I frequent is downsizing their video games department... I've found a mountain of great, cheap games there.
Show me a bored mind and I'll show you a mind that lacks innovation.

#25 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

I think he still works for SHC, but in a different department.

Ah, good to hear he didn't lose his job then. He was a very helpful guy.

#26 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:36 PM

My Kmart still has bayonetta ps3 for $29.99... lame.

#27 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:12 PM

would I be able to use this for fifa 13 on vita by any chance..?

do i have to fight on the customer service?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PSN (US) : Tomoyo-MKII
PSN (ASIA) : Tomoyo-HK
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Playing : Ragnarok Odyssey, Atelier Totori Plus

#28 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

You'll never win a fight with kmart customer service. Either you get the coupon or you don't upon purchase. You can always return if you don't.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#29 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:56 PM

From personal experience with deals like this, you can end up with games that technically aren't Clearance. What I mean is when games that you know for a fact are not Clearance but end up on the Clearance shelf/table, like Nintendo Selects.

At mine, there were stickers for B2G1 free on a lot of items, including practically everything in their "dump bins" and some random $20-$40 games for various systems with tags on them too (and they said the name of the game on the tags too).

would I be able to use this for fifa 13 on vita by any chance..?

do i have to fight on the customer service?

The site says it's valid for all systems. Worse comes to worse order online with 99 cent shipping.

#30 sadakou

sadakou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

He completely destroyed the clearance cycles at Sears and K-Mart, the only two places where clearance wasn't completely YMMV, and then vanished without a trace.