Photo
- - - - -

Kmart weekly ad 9/23 to 9/29: $15 gaming coupon w/ FIFA 13, B2G1 free clearance games

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:12 PM

The video game deals in the upcoming Kmart ad:

:360::ps3: (and maybe other versions?) Buy FIFA Soccer 13 for $59.99, get a $15 gaming coupon towards a future video game purchase from September 30 through November 10.

Posted Image Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all clearance games.

#2 jms5118

jms5118

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

Kmart used to have such amazing deals, what ever happened to the Kmartgamer guy(don't remember exact name),

#3 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

I think he got laid off when they got into financial problems again and got out of the good game deals business.

#4 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:23 PM

At my nearest store: Enslaved PS3 with Marvel comic for 5, PS Move Heroes for 5, Yoostar 2 for 5, and Centipede Infestation for 3DS for 5. Oh, and Singstar Vol 2 for Playstation 2 for 5. Heh.

What will I do?!?

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

#5 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

buy them?

#6 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

buy them?

lol

I'm thinking of grabbing Centipede and Heroes, but I'm torn whether I want my freebie to be Yoostar or Enslaved. One will be corny fun maybe, the other I already have for 360 but would supply me with a dandy collectible comic.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

#7 Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:31 PM

Does anyone know if the original Bioshock for the 360 is on clearance and how much it is?

#8 fantomgamer

fantomgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:29 PM

Does anyone know if the original Bioshock for the 360 is on clearance and how much it is?

$6. If you can find one.

#9 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

I think he got laid off when they got into financial problems again and got out of the good game deals business.

I think he still works for SHC, but in a different department.

Trade List Games & DLC

#10 Me4Tull

Me4Tull

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:12 AM

Kmart used to have such amazing deals, what ever happened to the Kmartgamer guy(don't remember exact name),

LOL. That guy stopped games from dropping to $2 or $3 dollars. I use to find plenty of good games for only a few dollars each but he put an end to the glory days. Buying games for $30 to $50 dollars just to get a coupon to use toward another game is not an amazing deal but is a way for Kmart to get a lot more money out of your pocket. Apparently, you were not around when it was exciting to go on a treasure hunt at Kmart. You could fill your shopping bag with a whole bunch of games for the price that you pay for one game now!

#11 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:22 AM

LOL. That guy stopped games from dropping to $2 or $3 dollars. I use to find plenty of good games for only a few dollars each but he put an end to the glory days. Buying games for $30 to $50 dollars just to get a coupon to use toward another game is not an amazing deal but is a way for Kmart to get a lot more money out of your pocket. Apparently, you were not around when it was exciting to go on a treasure hunt at Kmart. You could fill your shopping bag with a whole bunch of games for the price that you pay for one game now!

The "treasure hunt" is great if you don't mind waiting a year or more after release to play a game. Josh (Kmartgamer) was awesome for those that like to play games at release and still save some money.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:04 AM

Any more free $5 rewards card w/ $50 purchase in the ad too?

#13 fantomgamer

fantomgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:09 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

I answered this a couple posts above...

#14 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:10 AM

How can we tell if the game is clearance? Price ends with $xx.98?

#15 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:16 AM

Are you related to IATCG?

#16 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:40 AM

Any more free $5 rewards card w/ $50 purchase in the ad too?

No reward cards were mentioned in the ad.

#17 cubeenigma

cubeenigma

Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:56 AM

for stores that rarely update prices to clearance ones, how would I know if a game was on clearance? is there a forum post with a master list? I've tried searching but no luck :/

#18 rawrker

rawrker

Supreme Llama Tickler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:02 AM

Yes that is an amazing deal when you can get new release titles from $20-$30 off, and even free games with your purchase. It also increased the traffic to Kmart's electronics section by a lot and put it on the map in sales.

Finding cheap games is always nice, but most people aren't lucky to find those lovely $2-$3 games. They brought the clearance back, and it took like a week for most stores to be gutted of almost anything really decent.

#19 Me4Tull

Me4Tull

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:51 AM

Are you related to IATCG?

No. I'm not related to anyone on this site. There are a few of us who have been around here long enough to remember how good it use to be in finding great deals.

#20 NeedMoreMoney

NeedMoreMoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

Would love to know the current prices on clearance items such as in a list or something. While some stores might discount certain items even more, all the games/systems have a specific price that is company wide.

#21 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:00 PM

Would love to know the current prices on clearance items such as in a list or something. While some stores might discount certain items even more, all the games/systems have a specific price that is company wide.

Go find out and report back.

#22 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:01 PM

Does anyone know if the games that say check shelf tag, will they be B2G1 or does it require an override (90%)?

#23 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:01 PM

Go find out and report back.

Well said man, well said.

#24 XxLady_AthenaxX

XxLady_AthenaxX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:17 PM

From personal experience with deals like this, you can end up with games that technically aren't Clearance. What I mean is when games that you know for a fact are not Clearance but end up on the Clearance shelf/table, like Nintendo Selects.

I remember a few months ago when Kmart had a buy 1 Clearance game, get the 2nd 50% off sale. My local Kmart had a HUGE Clearance table with tons of games on there, and some were even priced at $30... kind of odd for Clearance. Anyways, I asked the cashier ahead of time and he said that everything on the table was indeed Clearance and part of the sale.

Long story short, that's how I ended up with Homefront and Zelda: Twilight Princess for $29.99, so don't be afraid to ask. It's too bad that the Kmart I frequent is downsizing their video games department... I've found a mountain of great, cheap games there.
Show me a bored mind and I'll show you a mind that lacks innovation.

#25 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

I think he still works for SHC, but in a different department.

Ah, good to hear he didn't lose his job then. He was a very helpful guy.

#26 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:36 PM

My Kmart still has bayonetta ps3 for $29.99... lame.

#27 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:12 PM

would I be able to use this for fifa 13 on vita by any chance..?

do i have to fight on the customer service?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PSN (US) : Tomoyo-MKII
PSN (ASIA) : Tomoyo-HK
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Playing : Ragnarok Odyssey, Atelier Totori Plus

#28 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

You'll never win a fight with kmart customer service. Either you get the coupon or you don't upon purchase. You can always return if you don't.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#29 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:56 PM

From personal experience with deals like this, you can end up with games that technically aren't Clearance. What I mean is when games that you know for a fact are not Clearance but end up on the Clearance shelf/table, like Nintendo Selects.

At mine, there were stickers for B2G1 free on a lot of items, including practically everything in their "dump bins" and some random $20-$40 games for various systems with tags on them too (and they said the name of the game on the tags too).

would I be able to use this for fifa 13 on vita by any chance..?

do i have to fight on the customer service?

The site says it's valid for all systems. Worse comes to worse order online with 99 cent shipping.

#30 sadakou

sadakou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

He completely destroyed the clearance cycles at Sears and K-Mart, the only two places where clearance wasn't completely YMMV, and then vanished without a trace.