Photo
- - - - -

Online comic book store for back issues?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:52 PM

Do any of you know of a good site for back issues? I not a too big on comics but I have some pretty long runs of some series but am missing a few issues here and there and would like to just fill those holes.

I know eBay's there but they never know how to pack comics or charge too much for shipping.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#2 evophile

evophile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

Mile High Comics has a huge selection however they are known to be overpriced on a lot of stuff so I'd only go there if they have stuff you can't find. They used to do coupons regularly that brings things down to normal price; but I'm not sure if they still do

Midtown Comics has a pretty good selection and weekly they usually have 20-25% off select sets of back issues. I've ordered from them before and they're also a big chain here in NYC.

Sorry about lack of links as I'm on my phone

#3 ShogunNage

ShogunNage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:31 PM

http://www.mycomicshop.com/ is pretty good love how there site is set up, based out of texas

http://www.newkadia.com has a big selection, heard they are good

#4 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:58 PM

Mile High Comics has a huge selection however they are known to be overpriced on a lot of stuff so I'd only go there if they have stuff you can't find. They used to do coupons regularly that brings things down to normal price; but I'm not sure if they still do

Midtown Comics has a pretty good selection and weekly they usually have 20-25% off select sets of back issues. I've ordered from them before and they're also a big chain here in NYC.

Sorry about lack of links as I'm on my phone

Wow.. that's a name I haven't seen in a long time. I used to buy from Mile High Comics all the time back in the day from their catalogs, long before online shopping retailers up. I didn't think they were still around... and their website is so unprofessional. Midtown Comics is one I've used recently but they're OoS of the stuff I'm looking for. Thanks for the suggestions.

http://www.mycomicshop.com/ is pretty good love how there site is set up, based out of texas

http://www.newkadia.com has a big selection, heard they are good

Ah... thanks! My Comics Shop is one I used for action figures many years back and could not remember the name. I'll check the other one too.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#5 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:51 PM

I love Mile High Comics because their catalog is huge and contains tons of out of print material. If you subscribe to their newsletter, you will receive coupon codes (I've seen some as high as 65% off) and sometimes offers for free comics. Highly recommended.

I don't know anything about the other sites mentioned but they are probably good too.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#6 alamak

alamak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:49 AM

Sign up for the Mile High newsletter and they'll send you discount codes. Rarely a week or two goes by that they're not actively discounting things 40-60% so never order at full price. Yeah their website isn't the prettiest but it gets the job done.

Their grading standards can be erratic at times. If you're just looking to fill in runs at $1-3 a pop they're great for that, as long as you're not the type of person that would lose your mind if you got a VF when you ordered a NM. It swings the other way too though. I've ordered F older comics that were all but NM. I get the feeling the grading dept. is considered an entry-level job there with a lot of turnover and I hate to say it but maybe some grading without removing the comic from the bag in order to expedite things.

Bottom line, don't pay a premium for NM grade since half the time they'll look the same as the VF. And I wouldn't buy any expensive comic sight unseen from anywhere. I've ordered from them a ton and the couple of times I did have a problem that needed to be addressed, they were very quick and accomodating to fix it.

Mycomicshop is very good also, but again don't pay premium for NM. I was a little put off by the fact they don't even bag the issues, but never had any major problems and it's been a while so I don't know if they still do that. Both sites pack orders well for shipping.

#7 FloodyFloats

FloodyFloats

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

Ive never ordered from Mile high because of their website.

I havent ordered from midtown since they messed up one of my Previews order. I choose to wait until all of the comics had come out and then have them shipped to me to save on shipping. Well i guess one comic came out way later than expected and they sent it to me long after all the other comics had arrived and charged me separate shipping. and in my order history they changed it to make it look like i had just ordered it.

mycomicbookshop.com is great for back issues. I wouldnt pay extra for the back and board unless you dont have some. I dont believe you need it for shipping protection as they package very good.

#8 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:25 PM

I went with MyComicsShop since they had what I wanted and I've had good experiences with them before. Plus their prices and shipping are actually fair... unlike other sites or eBay where they want to charge you $4 to ship a comic.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png