Photo
- - - - -

Halo 4 Limited Edition Pre-Order Deals! Going OOS in multiple places.

• Please log in to reply
604 replies to this topic

#1 Carbonite

Carbonite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

You can no longer pre-order the Limited Edition of Halo 4 from Amazon or Gamestop. That may change in the future but right now its looking like they are done. There are only two editions this time, standard and limited and I think they learned their lesson from the last batch not to make too many. Time will tell in that regard.

Anyhow, here is a list of places you can reserve your copy of the Limited Edition and what you get for reserving there.

Posted Image Amazon :: OOS
Bonus Stuff: Web Armor

Posted Image Gamestop :: OOS
Bonus Stuff: ??

Posted Image Best Buy :: OOS
Bonus Stuff:
  • Halo 4 Limited Edition Poster
  • Halo 4 Venator Raptor
  • Halo 4 Deadeye Helmet

Posted Image Toys R Us :: OOS (Or never stocked it?)

Posted Image Target :: OOS
Bonus Stuff: Nothing ATM

Posted Image Walmart :: OOS

Posted Image Newegg :: In Stock (with Free Shipping & 2-Day Shop Runner as of 6:40am EST on 11.06.2012)

Sears :: OOS

Posted Image Kmart :: OOS

Fry's Electronics :: OOS

J&R :: OOS (Or never stocked it?)

Microsoft Store :: Back in stock.
Bonus Stuff: Pulse armor and $25 MS store credit

Limited Edition Content
  • The game disc in a steel facade case with a stenciled UNSC device on it
  • Access to three map packs available post-launch on Xbox LIVE (9 maps)
  • Instant access to all 8 Specializations
  • UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet including MJOLNIR armor schematics, weapon information and a layout of the indoctrination of the SPARTAN-IVs
  • The 90-minute extended edition of the ViDoc, Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
  • Exclusive Assault Rifle Prime weapon skin
  • Bonus in-fiction content providing backstory on characters and stories in Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
  • The Making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
  • Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming to Reality
  • Recruit Armor
  • Spartan Prime Skin
  • Spartan Prime Emblem
  • Cryo-Chamber Avatar prop

Edited by Carbonite, 02 October 2012 - 01:04 AM.

#2 TheOmegaSoldier

TheOmegaSoldier

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:26 PM

for once, I may be glad I got a halo LE.

#3 FQRizzo

FQRizzo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

I'll take my chances.

#4 Xiemos

Xiemos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

Haha, a Halo Limited Edition. Never heard that one before!

#5 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

Maybe they've learned their lesson and are actually producing these in limited numbers now, or maybe we'll see a stack of these clearanced at BBY in a years time.

Time will tell I guess, I'll be happy with the vanilla edition.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#6 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

I guess if you don't make a plastic helmet edition, it might sell out.

#7 Carbonite

Carbonite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

IMO the three map packs alone make it worth it to me.

#8 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

Might preorder at Best Buy. But I'd be lying if I said I had much hype at the moment.

#9 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

Vanilla for me, especially for $45 shipped from newegg. Yeah!

Crunchewy.png

#10 masterd919

masterd919

Games, games and more games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

I agree with the vanilla copy and if you do the math...$45 for the game (if you went with NewEgg) + $30 of map packs is still less than the LE costs...

Yeah, there is other stuff included like specialization access but that will be a given down the road for the vanilla copies. There are already tons of armor customization options you get with the game in general.

I also find the steel case somewhat disappointing and would prefer a Chief and Cortana case instead. I would get it if it was $80..but I find $100 to be quite excessive, even as much as I love Halo.

#11 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:53 PM

I thought the steel book case for MW3 was sort of annoying. It's harder to get the disc out of it, and felt like it might break the disc eventually. It did look nice, but I'm fine with a regular old plastic case.

Crunchewy.png

#12 masterd919

masterd919

Games, games and more games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

I thought the steel book case for MW3 was sort of annoying. It's harder to get the disc out of it, and felt like it might break the disc eventually. It did look nice, but I'm fine with a regular old plastic case.

That seems to be the case for a lot of them as I have 2 and I chose to switch those games to regular cases...Sure it looks nice and it's cool to look at, but the plastic is certainly not a good fit to house a disc you use all the time.

Well said. I blame the company that produces them as it seems to be the same company.

#13 KingDox

KingDox

Scream My Name

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

I'll pick up the LE/CE from kohls in a year or so for cheap.

#14 thetruth1983

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

I'll pick up the LE/CE from kohls in a year or so for cheap.

lol me too. I can't believe some people actually believe this will be rare.

#15 hustletron

hustletron

poop dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

I picked up the Reach super special edition or whatever it was for $20 with the statue and kind of regret it to be honest, don't get me wrong it's cool, but it's taking up space and I'm like meh, it's not like it's going go up in value as time goes on if it even holds any value now.

Probably gonna go with vanilla as well, I have 4k MSP for map packs if I want.

fs_overall.png

#16 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

Didn't know they finally released pictures of everything included. For $100, I don't see enough value here to keep my pre-order. The $25 is better spent paying off things I know will actually be limited.

#17 Carbonite

Carbonite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

lol me too. I can't believe some people actually believe this will be rare.

I don't think it will be rare. I won't rule it out though. I thought the CE of Darksiders 2 was gonna be something I could pick up on the cheap but I missed the boat on that one. Once they went OOS they were gone for good. Now it seems to be third party or nothing.

Either way, it truly could go either way, with LE's of Reach still sitting on shelves I think that its possible this could go the other way.

Plus, I don't buy LE's because I hope they will be rare and valuable. I buy them for my game room. Especially the ones with statues or other things that display well. I don't care if they are valuable on ebay, their value to me isn't monetary.

#18 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

Having read a couple articles on Halo 4, am I the only one here who has doubts about how good the actual game is going to be? I'm not saying it looks awful ... I'm just not sure I'll be throwing down for an LE ... it seems like they've added some semi-generic enemies that look more at home in WoW or the transformers universe than Halo.

#19 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

Having read a couple articles on Halo 4, am I the only one here who has doubts about how good the actual game is going to be? I'm not saying it looks awful ... I'm just not sure I'll be throwing down for an LE ... it seems like they've added some semi-generic enemies that look more at home in WoW or the transformers universe than Halo.

The game looks amazing, I dont know what you've been looking at...lol.

:360: Disney Infinity :xb1: Titanfall
:ps3: None :ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Tomodachi Life
:psp: Dragons Crown

#20 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

I don't think it will be rare. I won't rule it out though. I thought the CE of Darksiders 2 was gonna be something I could pick up on the cheap but I missed the boat on that one. Once they went OOS they were gone for good. Now it seems to be third party or nothing.

Either way, it truly could go either way, with LE's of Reach still sitting on shelves I think that its possible this could go the other way.

Plus, I don't buy LE's because I hope they will be rare and valuable. I buy them for my game room. Especially the ones with statues or other things that display well. I don't care if they are valuable on ebay, their value to me isn't monetary.

I think the point is there's no reason to be an early buyer on something that will be under $30 in a year.

#21 Carbonite

Carbonite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

I have not been excited about a Halo game since 3.

I have ignored Halo 4 for a long time. What finally grabbed my attention, even though I knew it was continuing after 3 was when they put out the video that showed Master Chief at the end of 3 saying "Wake me, if you need me." and then cutting to 4 and Cortana waking him.
That finally brought back some nostalgia.

The dynamic between Chief and Cortana has always been my favorite thing about Halo. Now it seems she is deteriorating on top of meeting the forerunners.

The story is there, I do hope the game can stand up to it.

Mostly I am worried since Bungie left how it would be, but there are still a lot of people from Bungie working on it.

Its hit or miss in my mind, but I know for sure I will be there either way and this will probably cement my feelings on Halo in the future.

I think the point is there's no reason to be an early buyer on something that will be under $30 in a year.

Yeah, I get that, but I am getting the game on day one, as are many, why pay 60 now, 30 or more for map packs and then the price of the LE so you can have it in your game room. It doesn't compute. Even if the codes for the packs don't expire its still like 10 bucks extra stuff really.

Not saying for others its not useful to wait, saying for me it matters little.

#22 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

The game looks amazing, I dont know what you've been looking at...lol.

^ This! I've been very skeptical about how good this game would be. The last few gameplay videos that have come out and a developer interview have really got me excited.

#23 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

Meh .. you can stab people with a flag in capture the flag now ;-p

It looks ok ... I'll probably end up buying it ... frankly it just doesn't excite me anymore though .. new IPs like Dishonored look more innovative to me ... Halo 4 looks like more of the same.

#24 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

The graphics are massively improved and they're implementing a ton of new features. The entire game, especially online, looks phenomenal from what they've shown. Time will tell, but I have no doubts it'll be amazing.

630736.png

#25 loserboy

loserboy

The Cubs STILL suck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

....but Halo 3 Legendary finally sells for it's original retail price....

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3a7a028b05

#26 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:17 PM

Just got back from BB and can confirm that the LE is still up for preorder. I called the MN Microsoft store today and he said they're still doing instore LE preorders FWIW. Thanks OP, dragged my feet and almost missed out.

It's not that there's a truly "limited" stock of these...AFAIK stores always cut of LE preorders on Halo titles a couple months in advance.

uc.png

#27 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:35 PM

damn cancelled my amazon preorder a couple days ago because i remembered how common microsoft studios collectors editions are. hope best buy fills my in store preorder. I really want this, i'm a sucker for steelbooks.

#28 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:53 PM

Most of the exclusive stuff in it isn't exclusive. You get the Prime Skin for Recruit. But everyone gets Recruit. Also, the War Games pass doesn't include the War Games helmets.

nihilence.png

#29 Ghemy

Ghemy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:12 AM

IMO the LE isn't worth it at all.

I just got back from pre-ordering it at the MS store so I'll essentially be getting the game + maps for $60 + tax (midnight release at my store too). The LE actually doesn't include some of the stuff you'll get by getting the map pass separately which is pretty weird/dumb.

#30 thetruth1983

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:27 AM

I just can't bring myself to pay full price for the Le. I've scored tons of LEs for cheap such as Bioshock for $20, Max Payne for $30, UC3 for $30, and the list goes on etc....they are charging essentially an extra $40 for digital content that is probably already on the disk anyway so I will probably sit this one out and get it on clearance from Target in February.