(DEAD) AMAZON: The Avengers (3D BD / BD / DVD + DC) 4-Disc Combo $19.99

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 TheCarsForever

TheCarsForever

The Cars Forever!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

I just ran across teh 3D 4 Disc Avengers set at $19.99 through Amazon. Though Target has a similar deal, this may be less hassle. You can check it out here.

Posted Image

#2 RAZORLAND

RAZORLAND

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

The price dropped to that right after my order shipped. I contacted amazon and they said I would get a refund for the difference.

#3 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

If you pre-ordered when the $5 coupon was live, you should get it for $14.99 after all the refunds and the coupon.

#4 anderson4145

anderson4145

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:36 PM

If you pre-ordered when the $5 coupon was live, you should get it for $14.99 after all the refunds and the coupon.

That's what I got, fantastic deal. I was fine paying $24.99 before now I can get another movie with the $10 I saved.

#5 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:47 PM

cool, thanks. saved $ from going to Target

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#6 RAZORLAND

RAZORLAND

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

think I missed the coupon; wasnt sure wether i was going to go with best buy or amazon.... its all good

#7 tyron3biggum5

tyron3biggum5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:56 PM

And to think I almost cancelled my order today after picking this up at Target. I'm guessing I'll pair this one with my extra BestBuy case and sell on ebay!

#8 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:03 PM

Can't believe they price matched Target on this. I went ahead and cancelled my Target.com order.

#9 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

Thanks for this! No Target in my town or Orlando had one so I was just going to forget ordering it. Now I got one. Now to get a 3DTV...lol

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#10 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:24 PM

I feel like a colossal idiot for not preordering when the $5 coupon was in effect...$14.99 for this edition would have been a killer deal. :cry:

I'll probably buy this (though I'm considering going to Target for their exclusive disc) since I prefer this cover art to the one for the Blu-ray+DVD combo. Maybe I'll try to PM at BBY so I can justify keeping the steelcase.

Edited by Vigilante, 25 September 2012 - 10:37 PM.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/11]: :ps3: Braid (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#11 DaGrandMastah

DaGrandMastah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:25 PM

Jeez. I went from ordering the 3 disc version for 29.99 then canceling and ordering the 2 disc version for 24.99 then cancelling that and ordering the 3 disc version for 24.99 when the price dropped to cancelling that and just ordering the 19.99 2 disc version to now cancelling that and ordering this for 19.99.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 Raye

Raye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

Grahhh... Just PMed Target's $24.99 deal at Best Buy for the lenticular cover. I rarely buy Blu-rays from Amazon because the slipcover is either not present (as advertised) or it comes banged up. The only time I'm guaranteed a slip is if I pre-order. I guess I'll just stick to my purchase and sulk.
Posted Image

#13 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:49 AM

so I have a bit of strange situation now:

I had originally preordered this at $29.99 but realized I wouldnt really use the 3D or digital copy, so I cancelled my preorder and instead preordered the 2 disc BD at the Disney Store for $24.99+shipping, along with a set of lithographs and supposedly a $10 off coupon for an online purchase there that I would receive at release. Well no email yet but my copy got here last night. However, I'd really rather just pay $19.99 for the BD on Amazon, so should I plan on returning the Disney order or hope the coupon comes? Appreciate some advice on this one.

#14 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:56 AM

Ordered, thanks! They ship to Japan!

#15 kilik64

kilik64

Carefree, Wherever We May Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:10 AM

According to the Amazon page the refund should be automatic as part of the preorder price Guarantee

#16 icarusmight

icarusmight

What it do!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:15 AM

Order one as well. My local target was oos. Hopefully not missing too much with their exclusive extra disc.

#17 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:40 AM

Decide to bite. Added Iron man 2 (Blu-ray/DVD Combo) for $9.73 to get over $25. Pretty sweet deal actually.
Posted Image

#18 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:54 AM

Had some credit, so I ordered a copy. I saw this in theaters but I was in the very front, neck-breaking row. I don't even remember if it was good.

#19 Retro Legends

Retro Legends

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:15 AM

Great deal. Had to jump on this as i missed out at target. The hard part was putting something with it to get over $25.

#20 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:22 AM

awesome deal, they had 1 left under the register. thanks.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#21 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:44 AM

If I bought 3D Avengers for $24.99 when will I get my $5 back? Do I have to contact Amazon or is it automatic?

#22 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:43 PM

If I bought 3D Avengers for $24.99 when will I get my $5 back? Do I have to contact Amazon or is it automatic?

If you bought it before Tuesday, you should get it back automatically as it would be applicable to the pre-order price guarantee. If you ordered it yesterday, you'll likely need to email them because that was release day.

Either way, I'd check to see what they email you by end of the day tomorrow and if you don't get an email about it, email them and follow up with them.

#23 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

I wasn't even going to bother with Target as I figured $25 was a good enough price for this set. Getting it for $15? FANTASTIC! I love Amazon. Now I'm going to be waiting for that refund e-mail all day.

#24 impostor71

impostor71

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:14 PM

Awesome deal! Picked up one. Thanks OP!

#25 jgiovanni

jgiovanni

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

Might not be the right thread but I already redeemed the points on Disney but will not use the code for the digital copy and the other extras so if anyone wants it, please pm me.

jgiovanni.png

Please check out DCUVHD.com for all UV/ITunes movie trading needs!

#26 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

Great deal. As I don't own a 3D TV yet I don't think it'll warrant a return of my Target version

16Z462z.jpg

#27 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

Yeah. I read about Amazon yesterday, but drove around to Targets for the bonus disc. But, f that. The 90 minutes is footage of how they assembled the team, the concept, etc..... From what I read of it. I won't be shocked if that pops up on YouTube. So, I'll PM at Best Buy and get it for nothing out of pocket after BB GC.

Grahhh... Just PMed Target's $24.99 deal at Best Buy for the lenticular cover. I rarely buy Blu-rays from Amazon because the slipcover is either not present (as advertised) or it comes banged up. The only time I'm guaranteed a slip is if I pre-order. I guess I'll just stick to my purchase and sulk.

Not sure what $24.99 you are talking about, unless that was the price in the paper or something. It was ringing up $19.99 and is listed as $19.99 on their site.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#28 UjnHunter

UjnHunter

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

Hope the pre-order guarantee covers this... but I emailed them just in case. ;)
-Ujn Hunter
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
PS3: Dead Or Alive 5
PSP Vita: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Wii U: Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
iOS: After Burner Climax

#29 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

If this happens, I'm going to be so happy I chose amazon instead of Target. I almost cancelled to go get that Target bonus disc that's made up mostly of special features that I already own.

#30 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

Forgot to cancel my Amazon order. Now that I have the Amazon copy for $14.99, I might not bother picking up the BB copy for $12.49 (after the metal case preorder). I'd return the metal case, but it's already open.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson