Photo
- - - - -

Mass Effect Trilogy $60 11/6 (360,PC,PS3))

• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#1 Hijinx

Hijinx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

Mass Effect 1,2 and 3 will be bundled together on November 6th. According to the post I read, 360 and PC will get it first and PS3 at a later date.

Also any PS3 users looking to just purchase Mass Effect 1 will be able to download it off of PSN for $14.99.

Posted Image

PS3 Mass Effect Trilogy-Amazon

360 Mass Effect Trilogy-Amazon

PC Mass Effect Trilogy-Amazon

Edited by Hijinx, 28 September 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#2 shadowrage

shadowrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

Does it have a cool collectible box?
And DLC? I was just about to download Leviathan.

#3 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

Oh shit, I have 2 on PS3 and 1 on the computer but I would much rather play 1 on PS3. Count me as interested.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#4 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

Whoa, the PS3 is getting the first??

#5 htz

htz

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

Posted Image
Releases November 7, EA calls it N7 day.

All for only $59.99, yet they are charging full price for ME3 on Wii U. I'm also wondering if Microsoft will get a cut for every ME1 PS3 version sold.

#6 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:17 PM

edit: I'm late :P

Here's a pic of the packaging:

Spoiler

#7 Hijinx

Hijinx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

No word on what kind of packaging or dlc it's coming with yet, but we should know more soon hopefully. Mass Effect 1 will also be available on PSN as a standalone for the first time and have trophy support

Edit: never mind, picture of packaging above :p

#8 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

Nice. I just may jump on this during the Black Friday sales. Is ME3's online play working yet?

#9 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

No manuals and stuff, interesting.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#10 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

Thats nice, good move by the publishers.

#11 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

No word on what kind of packaging or dlc it's coming with yet, but we should know more soon hopefully. Mass Effect 1 will also be available on PSN as a standalone for the first time and have trophy support

Oh nice, I'll probably just buy this and get ME3 when it goes super cheap.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#12 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:21 PM

Edit: never mind, picture of packaging above :p

Glad they aren't making everyone get the $60 package to play ME1 on PS3. Good on them.

#13 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

This is interesting. So, PS3 is actually getting part 1? Didn't expect that. Hope its available as a standalone version.
Posted Image

"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them." - George Orwell

#14 shadowrage

shadowrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

It would be nice if they would let me buy the box by itself.

#15 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

It would be nice if they would let me buy the box by itself.

A Steelbook would be nice

#16 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

Hawt! I was hoping they would do this. Didn't buy 2 or 3 for PS3 hoping a cool bundle would get released and behold! I'm so in to play through the series about a dozen more times for trophies! I hope it comes with all the DLCs!

#17 Hijinx

Hijinx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

This is interesting. So, PS3 is actually getting part 1? Didn't expect that. Hope its available as a standalone version.

Yup. You'll be able to buy just Mass Effect 1 off PSN if that's all that interests you.

#18 Count Van Ghoul

Count Van Ghoul

Past The Mission

• CAGiversary!

Does it have a cool collectible box?
And DLC? I was just about to download Leviathan.

Really hard to see it including the DLC as this is an EA game and there's no money to be had in including DLC in "GOTY" editions. Much better to make people buy digital air that'll be completely worthless when the servers shut down in a couple of years.

I have a blog where I review (usually terrible) movies for your enjoyment.  Come check it out at http://aghoulversus.blogspot.com/

#19 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

What Mass Effect 1 on the PS3. Nice! I'll probably play it on the 360 though since the PS3 version had texture issues (in ME2).

#20 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK
F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK
F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK
F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK
F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK

OCD STRAIGHT UP KICKING IN... i've got over 2 grand of stuff i NEED to buy in the next 3 months - but only 1 grand worth of disposable income coming in. how am i gonna make this all work out?

#21 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

This is perfect. I only have ME1 for 360, have held out on 2 in hopes that they would have released a GOTY edition with all of the dlc, and when that didn't happen and ME3 came out, I sort of just cooled down on the idea until the dlc for 2 would go on sale.

I hope all of the DLC is included, and honestly, I'd assume so. This is perfect.

#22 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

Wow, ME1 coming to the PS3 is real news. I never thought that was going to happen, since Microsoft co-developed that title...

#23 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

I think I might grab it for PS3 and hold onto it. I played the trilogy (twice) on 360 now, so I wouldn't mind having it sealed and such for PS3 until I finally play it through a 3rd time on that haha.

#24 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

Damn, if I would of known that was going to happen I wouldn't have purchased ME2 for PS3 and then spoiled all the ME1 story by looking it up on wikis. It's quite annoying that they couldn't work this out before ME2 came out.

Guardian_owl.png

#25 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

If I have to buy ME1 on PSN I'm not because they pissed me off recently and I'm never buying another thing from their store. So I guess if I want to play it bad enough I'll buy it on PC for cheap.
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#26 ZCG

ZCG

ZeldaCubeGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

Wow I wasn't expecting this! I'm still not convinced ME1 on PS3 will be included in this trilogy at the low, low cost of $59.99 But I'd love to be surprised xD

I haven't played any of these games, so I'd be willing to pay full price for this package.

Nah! Who are we kidding LOL. I'll wait for a sale or something :D

#27 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

I wonder if the first will be tweaked in anw way? I remember hearing about loading problems and such for instance. I wonder if they'll be any graphical improvements too

#28 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

Wow I wasn't expecting this! I'm still not convinced ME1 on PS3 will be included in this trilogy at the low, low cost of $59.99 But I'd love to be surprised xD

I haven't played any of these games, so I'd be willing to pay full price for this package.

Nah! Who are we kidding LOL. I'll wait for a sale or something :D

I don't see why they'd charge more for the PS3 version

#29 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

hahaha.... not too long ago the fanbois were yelling from the rooftops that MS would NEVER allow MS1 to be ported to the PS3...

how many decent exclusives do they have left? That number is dwindling

#30 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

Nice. I just may jump on this during the Black Friday sales. Is ME3's online play working yet?

ME 3 online has worked fine since launch. The problem was PS3 players weren't eligible for the weekend events b/c of Sony's stance on sharing gameplay data didn't allow EA to collect it so they couldn't award players their bonus packs. That issue was fixed about 2 months after launch.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png