Cheap ps2 cases

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:30 AM

With gamestop having the 5/$1 games I've picked up several good games that do not have cases. Is there a good place to buy cases for cheap? would rather have a ps2 / dvd case as cd cases are kind of flimsy.

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#2 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

bump

#3 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

Just cases or manual plus liner art as well? If you run the yard sale circuit it's easy enough to come across PS2 sports games with clean cases for next to nothing.

Now finding a manual plus liner art is more of a pain in the ass; often people don't want to bother with these and those who do (on ebay for example) charge almost as much as a complete game goes for. I can't tell you how many times it was easier for me just to buy a complete game and sell off the disc-only.
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#4 revitup360

revitup360

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

I figured gamestop actually gave all there games cases even if they didn't have the box art for them. You should ask them to see if they have some spare cases.

#5 Nick45

Nick45

Waiting for Persona 5!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

With gamestop having the 5/$1 games I've picked up several good games that do not have cases. Is there a good place to buy cases for cheap? would rather have a ps2 / dvd case as cd cases are kind of flimsy.

I am looking for the same thing. Have you checked Craigslist? There is a listing in my area for a bunch of free empty cases, but it's too far for me to go for that reason alone. As far as cover art goes, you can find sites dedicated to high quality printable cover art (front, back, and side.)

#6 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

Cover art i can print, manuals i can print a for me copy. thats not too bad i'm just looking for cases, Gamestop pitches them, and around here the yard sales tend to not have games or they are about $10 a pop no matter the title >.> ( and they only ever have madden from 10 years ago! haven't seen any on Craigslist but have looked

#7 burritoman

burritoman

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

I honestly just bought a big cd binder for all of mine. That sale wrecked my collection of complete games.

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#8 Nick45

Nick45

Waiting for Persona 5!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

I honestly just bought a big cd binder for all of mine. That sale wrecked my collection of complete games.

Same here. I also bought a binder, but I like having the cases on my shelf.

#9 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

Same I had 1 disc only and i believe 2 no manual rest were complete.

Only wanted to acquire a few cases for the better games rest are staying in sleeves

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

Designed by Lilchiji

#10 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:45 AM

I have a ton of PS2(and PS3, 360 and Wii) cases. I've been trying to sell them off for $1 each for a while now. I didn't know what you meant by cheap though. If $1 is too much, then maybe we could work out a better deal, since most of the ones I have for PS2 really aren't for popular games or ones that people would even care if they're complete I believe.

My post is actually the last one in the thread(from 9/8/12), so it's not hard to find. Like I said, I have a TON of them.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=176892

Normally I just ask whoever wants some of them to send me a pre-paid shipping label and I'll provide the mailer/box for them, since otherwise if it's a larger lot I'd probably just plop them in a flat rate Priority box rather than deal with having to find appropriate sized packaging.:razz:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#11 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:13 AM

I have a ton of PS2(and PS3, 360 and Wii) cases. I've been trying to sell them off for $1 each for a while now. I didn't know what you meant by cheap though. If $1 is too much, then maybe we could work out a better deal, since most of the ones I have for PS2 really aren't for popular games or ones that people would even care if they're complete I believe.

My post is actually the last one in the thread(from 9/8/12), so it's not hard to find. Like I said, I have a TON of them.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=176892

Normally I just ask whoever wants some of them to send me a pre-paid shipping label and I'll provide the mailer/box for them, since otherwise if it's a larger lot I'd probably just plop them in a flat rate Priority box rather than deal with having to find appropriate sized packaging.:razz:

Didn't, even, finish your list before thinking......where in the beep do you keep all of them!??!?!?!??!!!!!:shock:

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#12 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:26 PM

I have a ton of PS2(and PS3, 360 and Wii) cases. I've been trying to sell them off for $1 each for a while now. I didn't know what you meant by cheap though. If $1 is too much, then maybe we could work out a better deal, since most of the ones I have for PS2 really aren't for popular games or ones that people would even care if they're complete I believe.-snip-:razz:

Come on, I paid $0.21 after tax per game :lol: that 5 games per case :hot:.
I have cheapo cd cases I can use, but I like to have cases with spines so I know what I'm pulling without much time.

Designed by Lilchiji

#13 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

Didn't, even, finish your list before thinking......where in the beep do you keep all of them!??!?!?!??!!!!!:shock:

When I first got them, I had them in some Hollywood Video/Gamecrazy bags. But the one day while going on a mini road trip I saw a rolling rack/gondola with a bunch of racks to it. I knocked on every door around by that rack till I found the owners.

I asked them if they still used it or not. They said they hadn't in years and used to use it when they'd have yard/garage sales.

So I called my dad up, he brought out his pickup and we lugged that bad boy back here.

The one I got looks like this one, only red and twice as long with 3-4 long racks on either side for all of the cases.

http://www.alibaba.c...splay_Rack.html

Posted Image

#14 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

Come on, I paid $0.21 after tax per game :lol: that 5 games per case :hot:.
I have cheapo cd cases I can use, but I like to have cases with spines so I know what I'm pulling without much time.

Consider though it has to be worth someone's time shipping them to you. I've got 50 NES sleeves I'm donating right now (a $50 value according to ebay) because it gets old being low-balled to the point of not being able to clear $5 or $10.

#15 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

Consider though it has to be worth someone's time shipping them to you. I've got 50 NES sleeves I'm donating right now (a $50 value according to ebay) because it gets old being low-balled to the point of not being able to clear $5 or $10.

I usually just let the other person send me a pre-paid shipping label anymore. So much easier. Then you don't hear them gripe about delivery confirmation costs or whatever.

Posted Image

#16 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

Yeah, I do understand this, I'm just saying I was looking for cheap cases not neccasarily from other people, the yard sale idea is pretty good, just nothing has games in general.

Designed by Lilchiji

#17 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Germany 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:47 AM

not too try and snag an offer from anyone else, but I got all my cases from a video store I worked at before it closed. they were just going in the trash.

Someone take them from me lol!

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Updated List- Come Buy My Stuff Cheap!

#18 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:00 AM

That's alright. You go right ahead and butt in if you want. I still feel a buck each plus whatever shipping would be for a bunch of them is decent. But I do discount it if people just want the cases or the artworks/manuals. Although for $1 each, why not just grab everything and then part out the rest to someone else who might need the manual or whatever?

All I know is that the furnace repair/cleaning people couldn't stop gawking at my collection of cases when they were here last year. I guess they thought they were all full games. If they were, I probably would have no problem selling them. But some folks expect a detailed description down to the last micron on used game cases as far as condition, stickers, scuffs and other imperfections are concerned.:roll:

It's like the dude that expected me to go 35 miles to sell him 20 PS2 cases to use as DVD cases for $.20 each.:lol:

Posted Image

#19 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:11 AM

That's alright. You go right ahead and butt in if you want. I still feel a buck each plus whatever shipping would be for a bunch of them is decent. But I do discount it if people just want the cases or the artworks/manuals. Although for $1 each, why not just grab everything and then part out the rest to someone else who might need the manual or whatever?

All I know is that the furnace repair/cleaning people couldn't stop gawking at my collection of cases when they were here last year. I guess they thought they were all full games. If they were, I probably would have no problem selling them. But some folks expect a detailed description down to the last micron on used game cases as far as condition, stickers, scuffs and other imperfections are concerned.:roll:

It's like the dude that expected me to go 35 miles to sell him 20 PS2 cases to use as DVD cases for $.20 each.:lol:

lol, yea I am sure that we both get similar questions about descriptions.

I wouldn't argue that what you are asking is reasonable. I know that if there was a case on that list that I needed, I would hop on it;) (mental note made for future reference).

#20 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:15 AM

I usually just let the other person send me a pre-paid shipping label anymore. So much easier. Then you don't hear them gripe about delivery confirmation costs or whatever.

That's a good idea actually, I never thought of messaging the other party with the weight and having them calculate it to settle shipping quibbles. 8-)

#21 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:16 AM

I'm actually considering doing a Gamestop and gutting all of the PS2/PS3/360/Wii cases from sports games and chucking the artworks and stuff and just selling the cases, since I doubt there's anyone who really wants/needs those things usually.

Posted Image

#22 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:23 AM

That's a good idea actually, I never thought of messaging the other party with the weight and having them calculate it to settle shipping quibbles. 8-)

Yeah. I've been doing that for a while now actually. Although most times they just guesstimate the weight and ship out a label with my old school payment of choice(cash or USPS MO).

Considering I had someone bitch at me at one point over the difference between getting Delivery Confirmation at the PO versus paying for it through Paypal(which I don't use due to the fees) I just figured at least this way they could get it for $.17 or whatever it is that way and save a few pennies and not have to gripe at me about it.:booty:

Posted Image

#23 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:17 AM

When I first got them, I had them in some Hollywood Video/Gamecrazy bags. But the one day while going on a mini road trip I saw a rolling rack/gondola with a bunch of racks to it. I knocked on every door around by that rack till I found the owners.

I asked them if they still used it or not. They said they hadn't in years and used to use it when they'd have yard/garage sales.

So I called my dad up, he brought out his pickup and we lugged that bad boy back here.

The one I got looks like this one, only red and twice as long with 3-4 long racks on either side for all of the cases.

http://www.alibaba.c...splay_Rack.html

Ah ok. That seems like a good size.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#24 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:08 AM

I had a spare DVD spindle that at one point held 50 DVD-RWs on it. I just used that to store the games I bought. I've been playing games for so long and have a nice collection of much rarer items that are more deserving of what little shelf room I have left. I'm not exactly proud of any of the junk I bought during the sale, and they're all scratched anyway.

#25 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

I had a spare DVD spindle that at one point held 50 DVD-RWs on it. I just used that to store the games I bought. I've been playing games for so long and have a nice collection of much rarer items that are more deserving of what little shelf room I have left. I'm not exactly proud of any of the junk I bought during the sale, and they're all scratched anyway.

I have several of these around they take too much time to look for something :D

Designed by Lilchiji

#26 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

I'm actually considering doing a Gamestop and gutting all of the PS2/PS3/360/Wii cases from sports games and chucking the artworks and stuff and just selling the cases, since I doubt there's anyone who really wants/needs those things usually.

this! honestly that would be a smart move IMO, the chance someone wants the insert for NBA 2k5 is beyond slim.

I feel the same way about the shovel ware cases I have for wii. Thankfully I ended up with only a handful of sports titles when we cleared out the store, but inserts for Smackdown vs Raw 07? who really needs that?

reading about the shelf you ended up with makes me wish I would have grabbed those from the store when it closed:drool: thats what I get though for not having enough room in my apartment!

#27 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

Has anyone ever printed cover art on the back of an insert?

Designed by Lilchiji

#28 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

Can someone make a Katherine cover art for PS3 and a Catherine cover art for the 360?

I'm having a tough time finding one. I just want to make a reversible cover with each of the girls on one side. Thanks ahead and sorry to thread steal/jack.

#29 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

this! honestly that would be a smart move IMO, the chance someone wants the insert for NBA 2k5 is beyond slim.

I feel the same way about the shovel ware cases I have for wii. Thankfully I ended up with only a handful of sports titles when we cleared out the store, but inserts for Smackdown vs Raw 07? who really needs that?

reading about the shelf you ended up with makes me wish I would have grabbed those from the store when it closed:drool: thats what I get though for not having enough room in my apartment!

I barely had enough room in my basement doorway to get it down the back steps and into the basement when I finally got it back to the house.

Thing is, the same family also still has one of those 3-4 sided DVD racks(like the ones you see with DVD's spring loaded into in WalMart) sitting in their side yard. Only problem is that thing has been exposed to the elements for so long and I think part of it is made up of fiberboard/plywood, so it's probably warped by now.

The one I got is actually worth around $400-500 when brand new and aside from a few paint chips missing on the shelves it looked pretty much like new when we got it here.

Posted Image

#30 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:09 AM

I barely had enough room in my basement doorway to get it down the back steps and into the basement when I finally got it back to the house.

Thing is, the same family also still has one of those 3-4 sided DVD racks(like the ones you see with DVD's spring loaded into in WalMart) sitting in their side yard. Only problem is that thing has been exposed to the elements for so long and I think part of it is made up of fiberboard/plywood, so it's probably warped by now.

The one I got is actually worth around $400-500 when brand new and aside from a few paint chips missing on the shelves it looked pretty much like new when we got it here.

It most certainly is warped by now I imagine (you live in PA from some of the comments I have read, I gather). Makes you wonder how they got them in the first place, and why leave them outside.

the video store left 90% of the racks (both metal and the fiberboard you mentioned) in the actual fucking store. It closed 3 years ago, and I can drive the 60 miles from where I sit to the town it was in and the things are still there.

come to think of it, there is probably still a box of empty PS2 cases in the back room. couldn't snag em at the time because of upper management being there the last day.