Made in the Philippines

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

Digimon Season 1 DVD $34.86 + 1.97 S&h + tax at Walmart.com

EDIT: Now its released they are offering free SITE to Store shipping

http://www.walmart.com/ip/21678194

Its $79.95 at Amazon
http://www.amazon.co...d=ATVPDKIKX0DER
(As my duty I did submit a lower price report, hopefully amazon PMs)

Mine came to about $40 with tax, I was a great fan of the first season of Digimon and I still highly regard it as the best. I was glad it was getting re released on DVD but was turned off by the $80 price tag on amazon,.

Edited by FlipSide, 10 October 2012 - 06:41 AM.

Posted Image

#2 chronoserge456

chronoserge456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

There's already a thread for this, but this is still a good reminder, especially with it coming out so soon.

Let's make today a GREAT day!
PS3: BadASSStunGUN
Currently playing: League of Legends, Fire Emblem: Awakening
nujabesAlbumGIF.gif

#3 Snowball21

Snowball21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

A few of my friends have also submitted this to Amazon, but no luck. Hopefully a few more people submitting this will get them to finally match Walmart.

#4 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=326045

The op never changed the title to the Walmart price though, so this actually informs people properly about the prices.
Posted Image

#5 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=326045

The op never changed the title to the Walmart price though, so this actually informs people properly about the prices.

:oops: Sorry about that. I updated the OP and bumped the thread; if a mod wants, the two threads could be combined.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/11]: :ps3: Braid (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#6 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

:oops: Sorry about that. I updated the OP and bumped the thread; if a mod wants, the two threads could be combined.

All good. You're usually on top of these things, so you're allowed one blunder once in awhile. ;P
Posted Image

#7 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

All good. You're usually on top of these things, so you're allowed one blunder once in awhile. ;P

Thanks for the kind words; it's nice to know my efforts are appreciated. :D

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/11]: :ps3: Braid (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#8 seether254

seether254

For the Hive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

hows walmarts shipping/packaging? i've never bought anything from them and had it shipped.
PSN: Archangel-254

Xbox: SunGod254

#9 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

The last time I bought something from them the packaging was fine, no different really than any other place that ships things like Amazon, Gamestop, whoever. As for speed, I did the cheapest one and they certainly made sure I got what I paid for as I waited at least 2 weeks before it arrived.

#10 Zeldafanatic15

Zeldafanatic15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

I preordered this at Walmart as soon as it went up. A lot of people thought it'd be cancelled for that price, but just got an email that it shipped and charged the price they advertised.

#11 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

Hopefully it stays this price when it releases so I can just do in store pickup and avoid the shipping cost. The Walmart near me is close enough that it'd be cheaper to just pick it up there even with gas and what not. Also, they don't return shipping cost if there's an issue with the product, which really sucks even if it arrives damaged.
Posted Image

#12 seether254

seether254

For the Hive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:48 AM

it says that the estimated delivery dat for me is 10/10-10/15 so not bad. Oh and Damn you Tax!!!

#13 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:05 AM

Its 54 episodes, wonder how many disks it will be, hopefully it will be lower once Black Friday comes around.

Posted Image

#14 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:20 AM

its 54 episodes, wonder how many disks it will be, hopefully it will be lower once black friday comes around.

Posted Image

#15 seether254

seether254

For the Hive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

any idea on any special features??

#16 SchmidtA99

SchmidtA99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

Mine is shipped from Walmart. It's supposed to arrive on the 10th

#17 seether254

seether254

For the Hive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

Mine is shipped from Walmart. It's supposed to arrive on the 10th

mine still says processing:cry:, but it says it will get here on thursday.

#18 Snowball21

Snowball21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:04 AM

Out of Stock on Walmart.com now.

#19 Magiblaze

Magiblaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

Bwahah Mine just ended up coming today via Fedex.Haven't opened it up yet but the case looks nice.

#20 seether254

seether254

For the Hive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:43 PM

Bwahah Mine just ended up coming today via Fedex.Haven't opened it up yet but the case looks nice.

pics please when you do!

#21 Magiblaze

Magiblaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

Alright but only if you're ok with crappy pics.Can't seem to get my new cell phone to take pics with auto adjusting like it had earlier before upgrading to Ice Cream Sandwich :(.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Comes with a nice slipcover and the case is about as fat as two dvd cases put together so nice that it saves room that way.The only real complaint I have about this is as you can see in the last pic it uses a sort of "binder" to hold all the disc trays together and in the past I've seen a lot of these that break easy from shipping like the 90s Superman cartoon collection with the entire episodes of the show.The booklet is rather nice, shows the trainer first and then their digimon and a page each for all of their digievolutions and list their skills and characteristics.At the end of the booklet has lyrics for 3 songs,none of which seem to be the intro for the show that I remember as a kid.

#22 Snowball21

Snowball21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:14 AM

It's back in stock at Walmart.com with Ship to Store as a new option.

#23 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:16 AM

Free Site to Store pick up it is!
Posted Image

#24 FlipSide

FlipSide

Made in the Philippines

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:40 AM

updated title with free site to store option, I am looking forward watching it over my days off
Posted Image

#25 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:44 AM

Comes with a nice slipcover and the case is about as fat as two dvd cases put together so nice that it saves room that way.The only real complaint I have about this is as you can see in the last pic it uses a sort of "binder" to hold all the disc trays together and in the past I've seen a lot of these that break easy from shipping like the 90s Superman cartoon collection with the entire episodes of the show.The booklet is rather nice, shows the trainer first and then their digimon and a page each for all of their digievolutions and list their skills and characteristics.At the end of the booklet has lyrics for 3 songs,none of which seem to be the intro for the show that I remember as a kid.

Any Bonus Features we don't know?

#26 seether254

seether254

For the Hive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:21 AM

Alright but only if you're ok with crappy pics.Can't seem to get my new cell phone to take pics with auto adjusting like it had earlier before upgrading to Ice Cream Sandwich :(.

Spoiler

Totally fine with crappy pics! Thanks for posting those. my appetite has been sated....for now.

#27 Magiblaze

Magiblaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

Any Bonus Features we don't know?

From the back where it list the special features it only mentions the 36 page booklet I mentioned earlier about all the characters and their digimon and evolutions and it also list a gallery featuring over 40 behind the scenes sketches on the last disc.So a little weak on the special feature side but the little booklet was a nice addition.

#28 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:34 PM

oos again.
Posted Image

#29 seether254

seether254

For the Hive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

oos again.

can you blame people with amazon still listing it as the ridiculous price of $79

#30 Indecisive Rattle

Indecisive Rattle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

Weird that the booklet has lyrics for Japanese songs that don't appear in this set at all.