Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Ad - 10/21-10/27 - B2G1 Free Games $59.99 And Below - 100% Trade Credit Back

• Please log in to reply
1215 replies to this topic

#1 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:03 AM

Credit to quikblend over at bluray.com for posting a pic of the ad.

- B2G1 Free - good on 360, PS3, Vita, DS, 3DS and Wii games $59.99 and below *excludes all Skylander Products, PC Software, Digital Downloads and Pre-Owned Games

- 100% Trade In Credit on any game

- Free $20 GC with purchase of Xbox 360 250 GB Holiday Bundle $249.99

- Darksiders 2 $49.99

- Xbox 360 Wireless Controller $39.99

- Other games pictured are MSRP

Edited by coopscohen, 17 October 2012 - 03:22 AM.
Added B2G1 Restrictions

#2 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:04 AM

Glad BB came through with a b2g1 since TRU didn't. Too bad I can't use it on Skylanders Giants.

#3 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:06 AM

Hmm only 1 more week after this to use my welcoming coupon for buy2get1 free

#4 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:10 AM

So does this mean they are gonna lower the TIV?

#5 atc250es

atc250es

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:16 AM

So does this mean they are gonna lower the TIV?

Yes, no way they would give 56.70 for new releases.

Although I did get $56 for mass effect 2 @ GS a few years ago.

#6 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:18 AM

3Days before Assassins creed vita. /Sadpanda

#7 atc250es

atc250es

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:19 AM

Anyway we can get medal of honor as part of the b2g1 and the $20 RZ?

#8 foreinter

foreinter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:20 AM

Since Medal of Honor warfighter is released on 23rd, can we preorder this and pick it up with other two games to also get the $20 points?

#9 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:22 AM

Hmmm, this is a question for all the Best Buy veterans out there (aka Enuf).

I have purchased via the $20 pre-order bonus: Borderlands 2, Resident Evil 6, and Dishonored. I would love to price match the B2G1 with those three games, essentially paying $40 per game and getting a $20 RZ cert per game (so $20 per game).

The issue I am encountering with this is the logistics. If I do a return/rebuy I would lose my 1000 points, no? If I tell the store flat out "I don't want to do return/rebuy because of the pre-order bonus" they may flat out deny the price match. Does anyone have some advice for me in regards to this?

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#10 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:22 AM

Nice to see the 100% trade in back. Thanks for the ad!

154512.png

:360: Child of Light / FIFA 14

:pc: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:ps4: Watch Dogs

jionekanji.png

#11 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:30 AM

Hmmm, this is a question for all the Best Buy veterans out there (aka Enuf).

I have purchased via the $20 pre-order bonus: Borderlands 2, Resident Evil 6, and Dishonored. I would love to price match the B2G1 with those three games, essentially paying $40 per game and getting a $20 RZ cert per game (so $20 per game).

The issue I am encountering with this is the logistics. If I do a return/rebuy I would lose my 1000 points, no? If I tell the store flat out "I don't want to do return/rebuy because of the pre-order bonus" they may flat out deny the price match. Does anyone have some advice for me in regards to this?

I would like to know this as well. Only I got 2 copies of Borderlands, and Dishonored. Would love to PM, but idk how that would work.

#12 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:31 AM

This starts on the 21st, so it would make sense that this only applies to new release games after the 21st?

#13 theeipi

theeipi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:34 AM

awesome sale
e^(ipi) = -1

#14 z-money

z-money

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:36 AM

You know, when they've had these in the past, they've allowed pre-orders. I hope it works this time so I can pre-order my Wii U launch games!

#15 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:36 AM

B2G1 is usually for all games except this one is $59.99 and below, it doesn't matter when it was released. For anyone wondering about games you've already purchased you should be able to just buy the same games with this sale then return them with the old receipt. If you already got the $20 RZ, I don't think there's a way for BBY to get those back. You might even be able to use it on rebuying the games. I know it sounds shady but it's up to you if you wanna go that route.

Edited by jr1016, 17 October 2012 - 02:54 AM.

#16 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

B2G1 is usually for all games except this one is $59.99 and below, it doesn't matter when it was released. For anyone wondering about games you've already purchased you should be able to just the same games with this sale then return them with the old receipt. If you already for the $20 RZ, I don't think there's a way for BBY to get those back. You might even be able to use it on rebuying the games. I know it sounds shady but it's up to you if you wanna go that route.

This sounds smart, but in my case, most of the games I already bought we're using GC's. to rebuy them and return with receipts would end up in me spending $120 in cash, and getting my PM difference back in all GCs, not the cash I just spent.

#17 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Black Friday is close.. Wait it out for better deals people.
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#18 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

B2G1 is usually for all games except this one is $59.99 and below, it doesn't matter when it was released. For anyone wondering about games you've already purchased you should be able to just the same games with this sale then return them with the old receipt. If you already for the $20 RZ, I don't think there's a way for BBY to get those back. You might even be able to use it on rebuying the games. I know it sounds shady but it's up to you if you wanna go that route.

I don't know if they do this for the preorder points but they could just put your rz account in the negatives. I think this happened once when I returned an Xmas gift after the points already posted.

#19 Bioterror

Bioterror

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Damn professor Layton comes out a day later. Do any of you know if bestbuy carries the limited edition adventure time game?

#20 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:42 AM

My issue is the 1000/$20 is still pending for RE6 and Dishonored. If they do not clear by then and I need to return/rebuy I would lose the $20. If I tell the store "can you just price adjust each one down to $40, which is $60 off in total" they may look at me funny and ask me to explain why. If I tell them it's so I don't lose me $20 bonus they will more than likely deny my price match.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#21 shadowrage

shadowrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:43 AM

Black Friday is close.. Wait it out for better deals people.

You're right. Plus there's AC3, Halo 4, BLOPS 2 back to back to back. These would sit in the backlog.

#22 Sendoh

Sendoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:45 AM

I wonder if you can do this,

buy 3 pre-order online next week, since they charge full amount when you pre-order online. Which means u can get $60 RZ cert with either: medal of honor, assassin creed III, Far cry 3, or halo 4.

I see they took COD: Blk ops 2 out of the pre-order bonus.

#23 lochdoun

lochdoun

Coast to Coast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:47 AM

-Forza Horizon
-Borderlands 2
-Dishonored

for $40 a piece sounds good to me.

Edited by lochdoun, 17 October 2012 - 03:10 AM.

Currently playing: :pc: Tropico 4 | :360: Reckoning

#24 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:49 AM

Hmm, need 2 others to go with Borderlands 2. Dishonored and Sleeping Dogs worth it at essentially $40 a pop or should I find a better third game filler?

#25 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:49 AM

I wonder if you can do this,

buy 3 pre-order online next week, since they charge full amount when you pre-order online. Which means u can get $60 RZ cert with either: medal of honor, assassin creed III, Far cry 3, or halo 4.

I see they took COD: Blk ops 2 out of the pre-order bonus.

Black Ops is still apart of the deal, but my guess is you need to pickup these games by 27th so no deal.

#26 lochdoun

lochdoun

Coast to Coast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:51 AM

Hmm, need 2 others to go with Borderlands 2. Dishonored and Sleeping Dogs worth it at essentially $40 a pop or should I find a better third game filler?

Dishonored definitely.
I wouldn't do Sleeping Dogs because that has an @Gamer coupon this month.
Currently playing: :pc: Tropico 4 | :360: Reckoning

#27 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:52 AM

Too bad they put the $59.99 cap on this. I'm already getting Skylanders Giants and the limited edition Forza Horizon so it would have been nice to get a free game out of it.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#28 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:57 AM

Dishonored is terrible, don't support that lazy game.

Grabbed the popcorn and ready for all the replies this will receive. :lol:

#29 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:58 AM

If you already for the $20 RZ, I don't think there's a way for BBY to get those back. You might even be able to use it on rebuying the games. I know it sounds shady but it's up to you if you wanna go that route.

They will still be able to deduct the 1000 bonus points form your account if you return the game at any time. If you already used the points and don't have enough to cover it your RWZ account will go into a negative balance.

#30 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:59 AM

Dishonored is terrible, don't support that lazy game.

Congrats, you are the 1%.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.