• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#1 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:05 AM

NEW THREAD FOR 2013 ... click here!

Edited by reddjoey, 02 January 2013 - 03:15 PM.

#2 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:06 AM

FAQ:

Q: What do you mean by GOLD MEMBERS ONLY?
A: GOLD members are paid subscribers to Xbox Live. These deals are only available to them.

Q: I'm an XBOX LIVE FREE member, can I use a 48 hour trial to get the GOLD discount?
A: No. 48 hour codes only work for online play.

Q: What about the promotional GOLD weekends?
A: No. Those only allow online play.

Q: How long is this deal going on?
A: One week (seven days) unless otherwise noted.

Q: I'm not seeing the sale price, what is going on?
A: If the deal is live, make sure you are logged-in to Xbox.com or your 360 with a GOLD account. Sometimes there is a disconnect between Xbox.com and the Xbox Dashboard.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Deal of the Week deals go live on Tuesday morning usually around 9am EST. (Monday's before 3/22/11)

Q: What about all the other sales and promos?
A: Microsoft has gotten into the habit of offering other sales and promos as well as the Deal of the Week. I list them in this thread to reduce clutter on the Deals Forum and to help maximize your savings.

Q: Should I have any concerns about waiting to buying something on sale?
A: After a few years of experience with Xbox LIVE. I think you might want to know:
-Items can be pulled from Xbox.com with little or no notice (Games, Content, DLC)
-If you wait for an item to go on sale, it might never come (and the item(s) could be pulled)
-End dates can be flimsy. This could mean the sale is cut a bit short (RARE) or run a bit over (Happening more often). Don't count on this happening if you are on the fence. You might miss the sale.
-Consider keeping 800-1200 points on reserve for a 1-Day sale. They are rare, but you will kick yourself if you miss it

Q: What if I don't see a sale/promo listed here?
A: Post it and PM me. PM's are the best way to make sure I see the missing info and get this thread updated.

Q: Are there any other links I should know about?
A: Yes.
CAG Xbox 360 Forum - Discussion on games and lots of gaming groups to join.
CAG Xbox Live Free Stuff Thread - Great thread and discussion of the free things on Xbox Live
CAG Xbox Live Subscription Thread - Great thread about the deals for Xbox Live on the dashboard
CAG Xbox Live Code Trading Thread - CAGs trading XBL codes.
Xbox Live Rewards - Sign up here to get "rewards"/rebates for Xbox Live purchases and other things. New offers every month, CAG discussion here.

Q: What are your sources?
A: Sources:
-Majornelson.com
-Xbox UK DotW
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Spylon's Xbox Live Database
-Various Publications/Blogs

Q: Do you mind if I copy this info and post it somewhere else?
A: Not really, but I hope you would respect my hard work enough to mention where you got it from and not just straight copy and paste my posts.

Q: Do you have a list of the older sales?
A: Yes. These are all 7 days unless, otherwise noted.

Q: I noticed some talk about "compilation discs?" What is that and is it cheaper?
A: Some of the content from Xbox Live has been put on retail discs. Some discs have XBLA games, others have several pieces of DLC from one game. Depending on what content you are looking for it you might want to consider looking for a retail disc. Some CAGs and myself have put together this handy list. When an item that can be found on one of these disc goes on sale, a disc vs D/L discussion will likely come up in the thread.

Thanks for the input/help:
Chrono Gear, jputahraptor, sanger, salty tbone, BudzMcGee, kburns10, typical guy, Easy Reader, mxpowar

Q: What about the old threads?
A: Old thread links:
2010 - Part 1
2010 - Part 2
2011 - Part 1
2011 - Part 2
2012 Part 1
2012 Part 2
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#3 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:08 AM

With school and work taking over most of my life. I really appreciate eveyone who helped keep this thread running.
Posted Image

#4 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:09 AM

Thanks for the new thread! I got in the first page of something for once lol

#5 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:11 AM

With being a new thread, figure I'll repost my question from the last one.

Debating on For You Don't Know Jack. Is the online still active for it?

card.png

#6 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

With school and work taking over most of my life. I really appreciate eveyone who helped keep this thread running.

You're the man, when things settle down you take over, until then everyone is more than happy to pull up the slack.
Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Newest story: SimCity Reviewers Have Failed Their Readers
Newest Review: Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection, SimCity
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#7 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

reddjoey! Excellent!

apathy.gif                                                                                                                                     NothingfaceICON1.gif

#8 skonson

skonson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

re: JStryke: "You Don't Know Jack is tempting. Wondering how active the online is. "

Hmm I'm not sure if that would be the best way to play it. Mind you I've never played YDNJ online. But it might be a bad experience to be honest. The shows are always the same. So the questions are exactly the same each time. You might get some online play now that it's on sale and you might get a heap of new players looking to try online out this week who haven't played many of the episodes but anyone who has played an episode before could just memorize the answers and beat you solidly (or you could do the same to an unwitting person). It's really more of a game you play with people at home and then maybe 3 months later after you forgot the episode and answers you can play it again. Each episode is like 15-20 minutes from what I recall but my gf and I would go through 3 or 4 at a time. It's a great gf game to be honest, the only one of mine she actually doesn't mind playing. But if you are looking for online only you might get frustrated with sharks out there online who know episodes by heart - though if anyone has a different experience please tell me as I'm just guessing here.

#9 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:12 AM

That new thread smell, gotta love it. Looking forward to the holiday sales starting to come in with the shoctober sale.

#10 Crono-00

Crono-00

CAG, to Broke-AG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:12 AM

Yay fresh thread. Just in time too, since things were boiling over with the slow rollout of the new dashboard (I haven't gotten mine yet) and all the CAGs on edge to get in on the deals which were late to show this week.

I'm glad to have you back. I also will continue to appreciate the collective effort everyone put forth in keeping other Xbox 360 CAGs informed.

With Nexuiz on sale again, maybe I should finally get around to removing the game from the backlog before the online community really dries up and forces my 200MSP purchase to be a waste. If something gets organized, let me know.

Edited by Crono-00, 17 October 2012 - 02:30 AM.
That's two of my shortest posts ever

#11 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:13 AM

Sweet!

#12 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:16 AM

Bingo!

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#13 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:17 AM

YAY! New thread!

Thinking about Darksiders, and Apples to Apples.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:22 AM

New thread. Awesome!

154512.png

:360: Assassin Creed IV: Black Flag

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:psp: Assassin Creed III: Liberation

jionekanji.png

#15 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Best thread on CAG

#16 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Hi Joey!

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#17 DMCA18

DMCA18

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Ooh! New thread smell!

#18 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

What the hell...? My Main Account is German...and Metro is only 630 Points Darksiders is 800...I should get both right, riiiiiiiiight? =O

#19 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:24 AM

Joey, Metro 2033 is now updated

#20 skonson

skonson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:26 AM

YAY! New thread!

Thinking about Darksiders, and Apples to Apples.

I bit on Apples to Apples. My 60gb hard drive is pretty full at the moment and after playing the trial for 10 min I figured I'd have a bit of fun with the 90mb game - for $3 it's less than a coffee so why not (coffee in Australia is ridiculously expensive by the way, used to coffee at a cheap donut shop being like $1 in North America, here it's like $4 - sigh, the price you pay for living in paradise)

#21 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

Hi Joey!

'Sup

Joey, Metro 2033 is now updated

I will try and get to it. Done. I'm ALWAYS short on time lately.
Posted Image

#22 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:28 AM

re: JStryke: "You Don't Know Jack is tempting. Wondering how active the online is. "

Hmm I'm not sure if that would be the best way to play it. Mind you I've never played YDNJ online. But it might be a bad experience to be honest. The shows are always the same. So the questions are exactly the same each time. You might get some online play now that it's on sale and you might get a heap of new players looking to try online out this week who haven't played many of the episodes but anyone who has played an episode before could just memorize the answers and beat you solidly (or you could do the same to an unwitting person). It's really more of a game you play with people at home and then maybe 3 months later after you forgot the episode and answers you can play it again. Each episode is like 15-20 minutes from what I recall but my gf and I would go through 3 or 4 at a time. It's a great gf game to be honest, the only one of mine she actually doesn't mind playing. But if you are looking for online only you might get frustrated with sharks out there online who know episodes by heart - though if anyone has a different experience please tell me as I'm just guessing here.

This, exactly. I don't think the online would be all that fun unless it was with people you knew that haven't played the game before.

#23 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:30 AM

Lol have to correct myself Metro is 630 MSP over here but 880 MSP for Darksiders hum...

#24 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:32 AM

@Tsel - In response to what you wrote in the old thread, I'd say pass on Voltron. It seriously sucks. I'd say it would be an okay buy at 200, but not even worth 400. I didn't find it quite as bad as Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime, but very close.

#25 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:33 AM

Yay for new thread. Hi Joey!
Xecutioner
CML

#26 VVaffle

VVaffle

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:36 AM

New thread! :bouncy:

#27 mcgavin27

mcgavin27

twomanjobs.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:38 AM

Metro purchased. I, too, am debating on apples to apples for 200 points. I don't see it being fun by myself but I can't pass up a 200 point game.

logo.png

#28 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

Interesting...the german GoD of Metro 2033 is missing around 400 MB in the download file the austrian marketplace has the same price but I guess it's uncut (damn restrictions over here) I guess I'll get the austrian edition then since I still have points on that account...to bad the DLC isn't on sale again...

#29 LondonGaijin

LondonGaijin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:41 AM

Lol have to correct myself Metro is 630 MSP over here but 880 MSP for Darksiders hum...

Is that Hungary?

edit: Just read post above... :)

Also Trading:
>>>

Spoiler
<<<

#30 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:43 AM

Yay for new thread. Hi Joey!

'Sup as well.

Just need to get this THQ Sale sorted an we will be good.
Posted Image