Toys R Us Weekly Ad 10 21-27 2012

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

Buy 1 Get 1 40% off all video game and video game accessories.

Free $20 Gift Card with purchase of 3DS or 3DS XL game system.

Buy 1 Get 1 40% off Skylanders figures and accesories
$75 Skylanders Giants Xbox 360 Starter Pack
$60 skylanders Giants Wii Portal Pack

$60 Medal of Honor Warfighter

Buy 1 Get 1 50% off all Mario and Sonic action figures, playsets, and accessories. Also for Nerf Sonic blasters.

Free Exclusive Lego 5-Pack of characters with purchase of $60 Leo construction or board game purchase. The figures are a $25 value and include a Robin Hood, a Santa Claus, and a Knight that looks kinda like Char Aznable.
On Saturday, October 27th from 12 - 2 PM, a Bricktober event will happen. Free "exclusive" Monster City Mini Pack.

$160 Kindle Fire 7''
$200 Kind Fire HD 7''

$300 Apple iPod touch 32 GB
$150 Apple iPod nano 16GB

Definitely not as good as Best Buy's b2g1, although if you are shopping for accessories like Wii Remote Pluses for the Wii U, it'll be fine to stock up.

Edited by detectiveconan16, 18 October 2012 - 11:12 PM.

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#2 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

Buy 1 Get 1 40% off al video game and video game accessories.

Free $20 Gift Card with purchase of 3DS or 3DS XL game system.

Buy 1 Get 1 40% off Skylanders figures and accesories
$75 Skylanders Giants Xbox 360 Starter Pack
$60 skylanders Giants Wii Portal Pack

$60 Medal of Honor Warfighter

Buy 1 Get 1 50% off all Mario and Sonic action figures, playsets, and accessories. Also for Nerf Sonic blasters.

Free Exclusive Lego 5-Pack of characters with purchase of $60 Leo construction or board game purchase. The figures are a $25 value and include a Robin Hood, a Santa Claus, and a Knight that looks kinda like Char Aznable.
On Saturday, October 27th from 12 - 2 PM, a Bricktober event will happen. Free "exclusive" Monster City Mini Pack.

$160 Kindle Fire 7''
$200 Kind Fire HD 7''

$300 Apple iPod touch 32 GB
$150 Apple iPod nano 16GB

Definitely not as good as Best Buy's b2g1, although if you are shopping for accessories like Wii Remote Pluses for the Wii U, it'll be fine to stock up.

Toys R Us has two games for the DS that i want and Best Buy doesn't have( Yoshi's Island 2 and Super Princess peach), so I'll take advantage of that.

Thanks for the post

#3 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:43 PM

What are the odds that the TRU ad shows the original prices for the various Skylanders Giants figures?
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#4 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

What are the odds that the TRU ad shows the original prices for the various Skylanders Giants figures?

No prices shown, but they are

Singles $9.99
Lightcore $11.99
Giants $14.99
Triple and Battle packs $24.99

#5 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

That was my question as well. OP: Do they show the prices on the ad?
If they have the usual 'ToysRus tax/markup', even at B1G1 40% off, you may be better off buying them elsewhere.
I know one of the Giants figures is a Target timed exclusive, but I'm not sure if anything is ToysRus exclusive this time around (at launch).

Thanks Prim. Those look to be the same prices in the Target ad. In that ad, there's no mention of any sale.

#6 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:27 AM

One last question - does it show the price of the 3DS Game? If it shows the exact price, I can price match at Walmart, get the Wii and 3DS versions and get the Walmart exclusive version. :D
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#7 edison

edison

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

That was my question as well. OP: Do they show the prices on the ad?
If they have the usual 'ToysRus tax/markup', even at B1G1 40% off, you may be better off buying them elsewhere.
I know one of the Giants figures is a Target timed exclusive, but I'm not sure if anything is ToysRus exclusive this time around (at launch).

Thanks Prim. Those look to be the same prices in the Target ad. In that ad, there's no mention of any sale.

I think their prices are the same as everyone else, right now anyway. I may see what they have available when they open Sunday.

They also have exclusive figures again, a legendary 3 pack and a legendary giant.

#8 Timenice

Timenice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:35 AM

Can I order offline with these deals

#9 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:43 AM

Toys R Us has two games for the DS that i want and Best Buy doesn't have( Yoshi's Island 2 and Super Princess peach), so I'll take advantage of that.

Thanks for the post

Exactly my thinking. TRU has Cave Story 3D and can't find that at any BB anymore. So I can pair that up with another $40 game or even accessory at 40% off. Thanks for the post.

#10 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

I'm thinking of using this deal with an Air Flo controller, considering it's $20 right now.

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#11 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

Maybe they'll have Virtue's Last Reward, and my roommate and I can get two of them for 20% off.

#12 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

Doe tru carry code of princess? Id like to et that under a deal.

#13 skytreader

skytreader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

No prices shown, but they are

Singles $9.99
Lightcore $11.99
Giants $14.99
Triple and Battle packs $24.99

Sorry if this is a n00b question, but what's the difference between the Singles & Lightcore's?

#14 Jerajdai

Jerajdai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:33 AM

I'll probably be thread crucified for even asking, but are XBL Gold subscription cards and XBL point cards usually included in these B1G1 for 40% off sales? Not sure if they're classified as a game accessory or not.

#15 knight19

knight19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:43 AM

Sorry if this is a n00b question, but what's the difference between the Singles & Lightcore's?

When they announced Giants, the plan was to 're-release' the first set of characters (only a few of them?) in different poses and as 'lightcores,' which basically means they have some translucent parts that the light from the portal shines through or lights up. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm completely wrong, but I think that was the gist.

#16 skytreader

skytreader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:02 AM

When they announced Giants, the plan was to 're-release' the first set of characters (only a few of them?) in different poses and as 'lightcores,' which basically means they have some translucent parts that the light from the portal shines through or lights up. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm completely wrong, but I think that was the gist.

Ah OK so 're-hashed gimmick figures', thanks :P

#17 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:09 AM

The lightcore figures are basically nerfed series 2 figures as they don't do everything the series 2 figures do... So basically you have to decide if you want a series 2 figure with all the powers or a light up figure without all the powers...

#18 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:15 AM

The lightcore figures are basically nerfed series 2 figures as they don't do everything the series 2 figures do... So basically you have to decide if you want a series 2 figure with all the powers or a light up figure without all the powers...

Hmm, where did you get this info from? How're they nerfed? Lower max levels? Don't understand why they would make a figure with different attributes...if it's the same character?
The 'Legendary' figures at least started at a higher 'exp' level.

*Never mind, I understand*
The lightcore versions of the old series 1 figures have no new attributes (except for the raise to max Level 15 they're all getting). I wasn't counting those as 'real series 2' figures, so I created my own confusion.

Edited by dragonjud, 20 October 2012 - 02:26 AM.

#19 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:34 AM

Hmm, where did you get this info from? How're they nerfed? Lower max levels? Don't understand why they would make a figure with different attributes...if it's the same character?
The 'Legendary' figures at least started at a higher 'exp' level.

*Never mind, I understand*
The lightcore versions of the old series 1 figures have no new attributes (except for the raise to max Level 15 they're all getting). I wasn't counting those as 'real series 2' figures, so I created my own confusion.

None of the lightcore figures have the new "wow pow" feature that the series 2 characters have. It's basically some sort of upgrade skill.

#20 leung19

leung19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

Off topic, I have a 25% off code for TRU, what is the most $$$ thing to buy from them that i can re-sell??? hehe
Check out my Trade List!!!!
http://www.cheapassg...858#post4458858

#21 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

All I know is that I'm buying one of every new Skylander out there. I don't think I'll buy any re-posed Series 1 guys or lightcores (except maybe if I have an odd number total).
I'm not going through the crap of last year looking for these damn things. Get as many as I can now, get gift receipts and if I can find cheaper prices later, I'll return them.

#22 DR2K

DR2K

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

Does this work on points cards?

#23 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

Off topic, I have a 25% off code for TRU, what is the most $$$ thing to buy from them that i can re-sell??? hehe

game console?

#24 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

All I know is that I'm buying one of every new Skylander out there. I don't think I'll buy any re-posed Series 1 guys or lightcores (except maybe if I have an odd number total).
I'm not going through the crap of last year looking for these damn things. Get as many as I can now, get gift receipts and if I can find cheaper prices later, I'll return them.

if i had kids I wouldn't let them near skylanders, just a money sink

#25 Yuckmouth

Yuckmouth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:48 AM

if i had kids I wouldn't let them near skylanders, just a money sink

Disagree. If you had kids you would get them Skylanders. You'd be amazed what price you will pay for a few minutes of time to yourself to keep your sanity in check. :lol:

I know when I give my son Giants for his birthday i'm getting a solid 2 hours of time to my self. $60 well spent!

That, my friend, is exactly the right thinking. I'm doing the same.

#26 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:56 AM

Disagree. If you had kids you would get them Skylanders. You'd be amazed what price you will pay for a few minutes of time to yourself to keep your sanity in check. :lol:

I know when I give my son Giants for his birthday i'm getting a solid 2 hours of time to my self. $60 well spent!

That, my friend, is exactly the right thinking. I'm doing the same.

That can backfire as they may want to play with you.

#27 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

I wonder how the 40% off will work if I buy a bunch of Skylanders stuff. I guess breaking it into several transactions would be best.

Also even though the store I'm going will likely have the biggest selection day 1, I wonder if they'll impose limits.

I went there this afternoon to try to buy 2 copies of Dishonored and none in sight for either system. A woman told me if I don't see it they sold out... then paused and was like "Dishonored?"
Apparently some guy yesterday bought all of them (I asked how many and she was like ALL) including what ever was in their stock room in the back...

#28 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:53 AM

Nice little coupon I found that could be useful with the skylanders stuff tomorrow, especially if you're buying $100+ dollars worth -

http://trus.imageg.n...alCoupon:101012

-edit - I found it on coupons.com, but it's legit and posted on the main TRU website as well.

#29 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:37 AM

This is retardedly obvious but I'm just now realizing it's b1G1 40% off on all skylanders stuff apparently including the starter packs. Works perfectly since I need 2 of the starter packs.

#30 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:41 AM

Nice little coupon I found that could be useful with the skylanders stuff tomorrow, especially if you're buying $100+ dollars worth -

http://trus.imageg.n...alCoupon:101012

-edit - I found it on coupons.com, but it's legit and posted on the main TRU website as well.

TRU hase been emailing me this coupon over and over. It would be nice if it actually worked with skylanders. I suppose it won't hurt to try.