• Please log in to reply
609 replies to this topic

#1 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:05 AM

Source: IGN

Telltale has now confirmed to IGN that the Collector’s Edition of The Walking Dead: The Game (:360: :ps3:) will be a GameStop exclusive and is available only to customers who pre-order. As seen below, the set will be available for $69.99 on December 4th and includes:

• A disc containing all five episodes of the game
  • The Walking Dead Compendium One (which normally retails for $59.99 and includes the first 48 issues) with exclusive Charlie Adlard cover art
  • A Collector’s Edition box featuring Charlie Adlard artwork

Posted Image

---

Retailer exclusive and only through pre-order. This might be one of those collector's editions that doesn't go for half price a few months down the line.

**Available for pre-order now**

The standard release is $29.99 and both SKUs will be out December 4th. [delayed] December 11th.

Edited by litepink, 03 December 2012 - 06:16 PM.

#2 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:08 AM

I'll just say the game is easily worth more than $30. I think it's one of the best experiences this year, to be honest.

This...I don't know. I think being gamestop-only pretty much kills it for me.

#3 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:11 AM

Damnit.

I want this.

#4 kosmos13x

kosmos13x

Nocturne #BNC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:12 AM

It's an ok deal. Book is actually 35 shipped via amazon and the game is 30 dollars. Basically save 5 dollars and get a cool box out of it. Not bitching about it and I think its a great marketing strategy for new comers of the series (both game and book series).

#5 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:12 AM

MSRP and in the collectors edition thread.

#6 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:13 AM

I think it's humorous that one of the bullet points is the compendium retailing for $59.99 yet they're selling both compendiums for $39.99 each. Better yet, Amazon has them for $35.99 each. Since the game is retailing for $29.99, all you're really getting is the exclusive cover and I guess the box. All that being said, I was waiting on the retail disc and I only have the first trade which covers the first six issues, I don't feel as bad paying retail for this. Especially after reading how much praise the game has been getting.

*edit
And what's up with the watermark?

#7 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:13 AM

I hate it when GameStop has these exclusives that I want. I don't resent them that much like some of you guys, but I don't have credit there, unlike amazon and BBY...

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#8 notstylin

notstylin

The Realest

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:14 AM

I'll just say the game is easily worth more than $30. I think it's one of the best experiences this year, to be honest.

This...I don't know. I think being gamestop-only pretty much kills it for me.

I feel the same way. I've been trying to get Xenoblade Chronicles but it's Gamestop exclusive. Everywhere I look online besides there it's ~$70. I've been to three different Gamestops and all they had were the "New" copies that were open with stickers all over the case, and probably missing the Club Nintendo codes.

#9 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:17 AM

A book that's been out for a few years and a big cardboard box classify this as a collector's edition? They're really stretching it.

I'm really excited about the (regular) disc release. I stopped after Episode 1 realizing it's not really something I need to own but I would love to Redbox it or buy it day one and sell/trade when I'm done a week later.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#10 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

It's an ok deal. Book is actually 35 shipped via amazon and the game is 30 dollars. Basically save 5 dollars and get a cool box out of it. Not bitching about it and I think its a great marketing strategy for new comers of the series (both game and book series).

It's $69.99, so that's actually $5 more than $35 + $30 :D

#11 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

I feel the same way. I've been trying to get Xenoblade Chronicles but it's Gamestop exclusive. Everywhere I look online besides there it's ~$70. I've been to three different Gamestops and all they had were the "New" copies that were open with stickers all over the case, and probably missing the Club Nintendo codes.

You can order from gamestop.com or from nintendo store for xenoblade

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#12 Eh? What?

Eh? What?

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:32 AM

Apparently at this point Nintendo is only selling Xenoblade as part of a bundle with the classic controller: http://store.nintend...8&storeId=10001

As for Walking Dead, maybe Telltale will offer this Collector's Edition in their own store for the Gamestop averse.

I f***ing hate store-exclusives, especially Gamestop exclusives.

#13 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:36 AM

Way too expensive. I'll just get the game for ~$15 next time it is on sale. Not paying $55 for a book and box.

#14 notstylin

notstylin

The Realest

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:41 AM

I ordered it from gamestop.com. That's nice to know that I can get it from the Nintendo Store. If Gamestop sends me an open new copy I'll just return it and order from Nintendo, since it's only $15 more for the controller bundle.

#15 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:43 AM

I just finished episode 4 and have to say, this is one of the best gaming experiences I have had in a long long time.

I'm all over this if they make stackable trophy lists. I would like an excuse to play the game and see the different outcomes.

KneeKnee.png

#16 bronsonbeliever

bronsonbeliever

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:45 AM

It's a Walking Dead special edition with an exclusive comics cover. It's a limited edition of a game and a comic, with crossover TV show appeal. It will probably be worth a lot post-release.

#17 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

Would be buying this, but they decided they didn't want PC gamer dollars. Oh well.
Posted Image

#18 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

would like it but I want the PC version.
Waddles From Gravity Falls is best pony!

#19 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

I paid like $35 or $40 for the first compendium and just got the second one for $30ish. Game was like $12 for the PC.

There really isn't much exclusive here. If they had a disc version for PC and I could order it for less than $30 I might consider that.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#20 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:51 AM

Newcomers like me that will probably get it, yup. Sucks it's GS exclusive but remember, they don't make shit off msrp sales. That will help me sleep at night at least

#21 PlowK1NG

PlowK1NG

Banned from MSstore.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:58 AM

I think it looks pwetty :3

OT, I'm a bit interested in this. I haven't read the books and I want to play the Walking Dead Episodes. It would be cheaper to wait until the retail game gets cheaper and buy the compendium separately though.

#22 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:49 AM

The Compendium isn't $59.99. It's around $37 on Amazon. http://www.amazon.co...dead compendium
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#23 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:51 AM

MSRP and in the collectors edition thread.

I feel like an ass for not noticing it there (and wouldn't have posted this new thread), but I'll stop short of apologizing. A separate Wii U pre-order thread led me to get my pre-order in at Walmart, so I'm thankful for that. Sometimes [I feel] things need their own thread. I actually checked the gaming forums first to see if it was posted there. You know though, pointing out that it's "MSRP" is hypocritical since you yourself posted this in the collector's thread in this very forums. Regardless, thanks for steering me there :). I can admit when I've done wrong.

I was bored; thought it'd be goofy.

#24 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:03 AM

I hate it when GameStop has these exclusives that I want. I don't resent them that much like some of you guys, but I don't have credit there, unlike amazon and BBY...

This.

"If she'll learn to play a video game. Keep her!" :D

Updated Infinity disc trade list ---> http://www.cheapassg...scs/?p=11116024

#25 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:19 AM

Man that cover artwork is amazing. Already have the game on PC but I would love to own that alternate compendium.

76561197977258746.pngAddFriend.png 

Spoiler

#26 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:23 AM

I don't understand why the box is that big if its just the game and comic book. Is there something else not announced like a figurine? I will preorder this once I get more details, its going to be a great x-mas gift to any walking dead fan.

#27 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:29 AM

A book that's been out for a few years and a big cardboard box classify this as a collector's edition? They're really stretching it.

I'm really excited about the (regular) disc release. I stopped after Episode 1 realizing it's not really something I need to own but I would love to Redbox it or buy it day one and sell/trade when I'm done a week later.

Steel case no boon and box for 50 maybe i buy. I got the book for 25 shipped long ago think from amazon price dip. If it was not gs i prob get anyways oh well prob be super cheap cause it lacks something that stands out.

#28 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:31 AM

Retailer exclusive and only through pre-order. This might be one of those collector's editions that goes for half price a few months down the line.

I'm pretty sure it will go the other way, just like the DOA5 CE, and be real hard to find after the fact. (I don't think it will have the value of the DOA5 CE but I could be wrong, The Walking Dead series is just ridiculously hot right now. )

Anyhow, I really wanted this when I read the new but missed it being a GS exclusive... Now I'm not so sure.

I got it all in comic form (comic, not TPB) so I really don't need the compendium so I should just pass...

#29 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:40 AM

I don't understand why the box is that big if its just the game and comic book. Is there something else not announced like a figurine? I will preorder this once I get more details, its going to be a great x-mas gift to any walking dead fan.

Well the comic is 1000 pages and weighs 5.3 pounds...
Posted Image

#30 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:44 AM

I will say that for as much as Publishers complain about GS killing the games industry with used sales they sure don't mind giving them exclusive shit to sell.