Photo
- - - - -

AMD Never Settle Bundle - (Free Far Cry 3, Hitman: Abs, & Sleeping Dogs) w. ATI 7900

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:12 AM

If you get 7950 (around ~$325)

http://www.engadget....ers-free-games/

One of the best deals on ATI cards.

Posted Image
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#2 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:19 AM

Not bad,

I am settling on the cheapest 660 ti available at the moment, as I'm running this PC without one.

http://www.amazon.co...=I3H3KWMVBSZ3Z8

but haven't made up my mind yet.

That bundle sounds nice

#3 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:25 AM

I would suggest that you go through tom's hardware review on the different 660 models.
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#4 catabarez

catabarez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:41 AM

I wonder if Far Cry is the Steam version.
Posted Image

#5 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:45 AM

Was wondering the same thing myself. I'd be interested in buying the code from someone for cheap then :D

There is no way to know currently, but after doing some digging about the Nvidia Assassin's Creed 3 promo, those (at least from EVGA cards) are Steam keys it seems. So there is hope.

#6 despair1991

despair1991

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:46 AM

Well, last time they did this with dirt 3 it was a steam key, so it seems likely that it will be. I think usually when ati and nvidia do these promos it is usually steam keys that are provided.

#7 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:53 AM

Well the reason for the uncertainly this time around is because Uplay now out. So we don't know if Ubi is going to just make you go directly to them or going to go the Steam route. Dirt 3 and Batman AC both of which aren't Ubisoft games but before redeem on Steam even though they are not normally able to be activated on it. This is the first time for Ubisoft and with their new client on we can't say for sure.

#8 Aerc

Aerc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:53 AM

Well, last time they did this with dirt 3 it was a steam key, so it seems likely that it will be. I think usually when ati and nvidia do these promos it is usually steam keys that are provided.

I bought my GTX 670 a few weeks ago and I got a steam key for Borderlands 2.
PrizeRebel Help me out by signing up for Prize Rebel so I can continue to do a weekly amazon gift card giveaway. In the process you'd be earning money too.

Posted Image

#9 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:01 AM

I bought my GTX 670 a few weeks ago and I got a steam key for Borderlands 2.

Borderlands 2 is a Steamworks game so that isn't surprising. The new Hitman and Sleeping Dogs are too so they will activate on Steam.

#10 Midori Monkey

Midori Monkey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:37 AM

obtain a Steam® Game Key for Hitman: Absolution, a Steam® Game Key for Sleeping Dogs, an UBIShop® Game Key for FARCRY 3

Taken from - http://sites.amd.com...conditions.aspx
Posted Image

#11 retrad

retrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:43 AM

obtain a Steam® Game Key for Hitman: Absolution, a Steam® Game Key for Sleeping Dogs, an UBIShop® Game Key for FARCRY 3

Taken from - http://sites.amd.com...conditions.aspx

lol well that kills the deal for me because much like origin im not going to be getting a ubisoft account anytime ever.

was seriously considering it too.
Posted Image

#12 DarkPGR

DarkPGR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:13 AM

Too bad 2 of those 3 games come infested with the shitty steamworks drm. Would be a better deal if it had any other store attached to it.

Is still not a bad deal at all though. And makes it even better to think about an update now (or in the future) for DirectX 11.1 hardware.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:01 AM

Too bad 2 of those 3 games come infested with the shitty steamworks drm. Would be a better deal if it had any other store attached to it.

Is still not a bad deal at all though. And makes it even better to think about an update now (or in the future) for DirectX 11.1 hardware.

Is there something wrong with Steam that I'm unaware about? I've been using it for years without any major problems.

#14 PenguinMaster

PenguinMaster

Sacrilicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:07 AM

I feel the same way about Steam, but If you're against using Steam then you probably won't be gaming on PC enough to justify buying a $300 video card. Unfortunately almost all big releases on PC these days use some form of shitty drm.

Digital distribution is the death of the preservation of the arts.

Game Collection: http://backloggery.c...r=penguinmaster
Blu-ray Collection: http://www.blu-ray.c...action=overview

#15 CronO_O

CronO_O

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

yet you have a ps3/xbox.

#16 Gboon

Gboon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

Better than Xbox Live, pay to use multiplayer, literally rape.

#17 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

yet you have a ps3/xbox.

My suspicion is it is a physical media vs. digital media thing for him. Technically it's the same difference, you don't ever "own" anything other than a limited right to play a game, but with a physical disc you feel you have "control" over things more so than with a DRM management system like Steam.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#18 PenguinMaster

PenguinMaster

Sacrilicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

My suspicion is it is a physical media vs. digital media thing for him. Technically it's the same difference, you don't ever "own" anything other than a limited right to play a game, but with a physical disc you feel you have "control" over things more so than with a DRM management system like Steam.

Regardless of what it says in the manual with physical media the law is on your side. No company can legally restrict you from playing your physical copy (the non-online part anyway). Nor can they restrict you from selling it or letting anyone else play it.

With Steam they can and Steam's terms of service are more restrictive than most. They expressly state that any Steam account can only be used by one person.

Digital distribution is the death of the preservation of the arts.

Game Collection: http://backloggery.c...r=penguinmaster
Blu-ray Collection: http://www.blu-ray.c...action=overview

#19 basis

basis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

so when & where can i get one if i want to buy the bundle? article doesn't seem to have any details.

#20 Pheria

Pheria

I play some games. But mostly just buy them.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

If you end up going the multi-GPU/AFR/CFX route, this is for you:

Edited by Pheria, 22 October 2012 - 05:01 PM.

Posted Image

#21 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

Hoping that this means ebay will be flooded with cheap keys for these games because of resellers

#22 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

Got a 7870 about a month ago and super pleased so far. I hope we see a bunch of cheap keys for tgese games end up on EBAY now.

#23 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

Already posted. This was also in the first page so how could you have missed it?
www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330456

#24 fezlopez

fezlopez

Jill Valentine's BF

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

Got a 7870 about a month ago and super pleased so far. I hope we see a bunch of cheap keys for tgese games end up on EBAY now.

I'm so jelly. I got 2 7850's. At the time (few months back), the 7850 was a good bang for your buck and the 7870 wasn't worth the extra premium. But now, it pretty much is. I wouldn't jump in the 7900 series, but this deal really is good. If you sell half the games, you'll be coming out pretty good.
Hmmmmm, hamburgers......

#25 gwetmore2345

gwetmore2345

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

Wow, already own Sleeping Dogs on Steam but could probably sell the key to get a bit of my money back. You guys think a single 7900 or 2 X 7800 would wield more performance?

#26 Pheria

Pheria

I play some games. But mostly just buy them.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

Already posted. This was also in the first page so how could you have missed it?
www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330456

Because I got up early and hadn't had coffee yet. I also work for AMD and it just saw it in my email, so I thought maybe I was one of the first to come across it. Foolish, I know. :P

Anyway: Woops. Also: Sorry. ;)
Posted Image

#27 ken9

ken9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

I've been thinking about getting a XFX 7950 Black Edition for a while now and this deal makes it even more tempting x___x decisions decisions....

#28 Greyghost

Greyghost

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

lol well that kills the deal for me because much like origin im not going to be getting a ubisoft account anytime ever.

was seriously considering it too.

+1. I was thinking about this but the UPlay only no-Steam Far Cry kills it for me.

#29 fezlopez

fezlopez

Jill Valentine's BF

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

I've been thinking about getting a XFX 7950 Black Edition for a while now and this deal makes it even more tempting x___x decisions decisions....

I have an XFX 7850 and another brand name 7850.

The XFX is worth the extra bc of the lifetime warranty (make sure to register it in the first 30 days to get it though) and man does it stay cool. It runs just as good as my other one, but it feels like 100% quality and no hiccups.

I know when I upgrade again, I'll buy an XFX hands down. Love it.
Hmmmmm, hamburgers......

#30 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

I am planning to get 7950, its getting very good reviews. Very comparable to 670. The best and most affordable card is Sapphire HD 7950 $285 after rebate.