Photo
- - - - -

Best/Worst Halloween Candy?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

I love candy and halloween is the perfect time for me to get some. Too old to go trick or treating now..

What're your favorites? I love anything gummi and full sized candy bars. Twix, snickers, etc.. I remember being a kid and getting these full sized bars and just being so damn happy.:)

Which ones do you hate? I HATE candy corn. What the hell is that anyway? And circus peanuts..It's like the people that give these out are pranking the kids. No one wants candy corn and circus peanuts, people! The texture, the taste..All just blechh!

Edited by mr_burnzz, 23 October 2012 - 09:15 PM.

#2 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

Twix and dark chocolate are the best. I'll eat just about anything as far as candy is concerned, but most of the people in my family don't like those for whatever reason, so it tends to go to me if they get any.

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#3 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

I guess I'm old, I only like granola.

#4 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

butterfinger/twix/reeses pb cup/peanut m&m's

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#5 pacifickarma

pacifickarma

Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

I <3 candy corn.

#6 Access_Denied

Access_Denied

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

Anything but chocolate. I used to like it as a kid, but now that's I've reached the ripe old age of 21, I just don't have the taste for it any more. I don't even really eat candy period, but if I'm going to eat some, it won't be chocolate.

Also, Fuck candy corn.

#7 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

Only communists don't like candy corn. The candy corn M&Ms are pretty good.

#8 chiwii

chiwii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

I like candy bars the best, and candy corn is ok. I hate Jolly Ranchers.

#9 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

Man...there was an old SNL Wayne's World sketch from way back in the day of a Top 10 list of the Worst Halloween Treats. I've been trying to find video of it for years. It was so damn funny. Some of the best included fruit, pennies, hurl, and #1 was mung. At which point Garth starts freaking out asking what the hell mung is, lol. God I wish I could find that skit somewhere.

#10 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

Best is peanut butter & chocolate pumpkins. The worst is that cheap generic crap they sell in bulk at most stores, it's usually assorted stuff, and it all sucks.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#11 mrx001

mrx001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

Reeses peanut butter cups are the best.The worst are Almond Joys;anything that involves chocolate and mint.

#12 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

#1 is Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

#Bad is Taffy

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 ninju D

ninju D

Paid the cost...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

The cheap PB? chews wrapped in orange/black wax paper are the WORST! I always would chuck them back onto the roof if someone dropped those in my bag.
Honorable Mention: Circus Peanuts.

#14 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

Black licorice, can't stand the stuff.

default.png2.png

#15 davucini

davucini

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

Only communists don't like candy corn. The candy corn M&Ms are pretty good.

Actually communists love candy corn, they are the proles of candy world, plentiful, boring and uninspiredm because no matter how good an individual candy corn thinks it can be, it is still just shitty candy corn.
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life

#16 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

Actually communists love candy corn, they are the proles of candy world, plentiful, boring and uninspiredm because no matter how good an individual candy corn thinks it can be, it is still just shitty candy corn.

You seem very well-read, or maybe just very well red. /seinfeldreference

#17 GodlyOne

GodlyOne

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

I used to always have tons of Popeye candy sticks after trick or treating. Those were the worst! I used to just take them and throw them at kids in school.

The absolute best though, would be finding an actual Mars bar or Snickers bar in your haul. Like uncovering a sugary piece of gold.

godlyone.gif

#18 Habbler

Habbler

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

Abba-Zabba you my only friend.

#19 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

Candy Corn and those little Pumpkins are the absolute worst. As a kid I also hated Mounds and Almond Joy because I hated coconut but now I love coconut, so I'd say they are my favorite now. As a kid my favorite was probably Airheads.

#20 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

Sweedish Fish.

#21 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

Fuck these candies(in no particular order): Candy Corn, Circus Peanuts, Sugar Daddy/Babies, Raisinets. But most of all, I fucking HATE Chick-O-Sticks.

Anything else except for stuff that could chip a tooth and I'm down. Anytime I've gone to a Halloween party in the last couple years, I always leave with my pockets lined with candy.

#22 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

I've always been a huge fan of sour stuff, especially gummies. Sour Patch Kids are easily my all-time favorite candy, but I also love stuff like Skittle and Starburst.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#23 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

You people are crazy. You're all naming things I love. Candy corn. Circus Peanuts. Popeye (or any character really) Candy Sticks....

Now saltwater taffy or anything with nuts. Blech.

#24 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

I'm really shocked cause I didn't think people ate candy corn and circus peanuts. I thought they were more like halloween 'accessories' or something. Kinda like how you put up candy canes for xmas but no one really eats them except grandma.

First time I ate black licorice (or was it a black jelly bean) I thought it was a cruel joke or it had gone bad. As a kid I remember thinking, "Why would they make something taste like this?! Why?!".

The cheap PB? chews wrapped in orange/black wax paper are the WORST! I always would chuck them back onto the roof if someone dropped those in my bag.
Honorable Mention: Circus Peanuts.

Oh god. Remember mary janes! Fuck that! Peanut flavored rocks!

I've always been a huge fan of sour stuff, especially gummies. Sour Patch Kids are easily my all-time favorite candy, but I also love stuff like Skittle and Starburst.

I love that stuff. Chocolate is good but fruity candy is the best. You know what? I don't even consider chocolate as candy really. It's chocolate. Candy is skittles, candy necklaces, pixie sticks, etc..

How about now and laters. These were like taffy but made out of legos or something. Shit was soooo hard and rigid. Used to throw them to see how far they'd go cause they were like the perfect shape and weight.

#25 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

If you don't like candy corn + peanuts, you stink.

Circus Peanuts can suck it, though.
Posted Image

#26 Access_Denied

Access_Denied

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:13 PM

I can't stand imitation black licorice (ask Twizzlers), but my friend offered me some "good" black licorice one time, and it was pretty damn tasty. I recommend trying the good stuff if you ever get the chance.

#27 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:09 AM

Oh dear god, I loathe black licorice. My mom absolutely loves it and devours it by the bag and when Easter comes around, she replaces it with black jelly beans and sticks with those for a while. Nasty. I don't mind candy corn, but it's not something I'd buy myself. Circus peanuts are nasty though.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#28 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:22 AM

I'm fat I love all candy

#29 darthbudge

darthbudge

The Real DB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

I like pretty much anything as long as it doesn't have carmel in it. Fuck carmel.

#30 davucini

davucini

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:39 AM

You seem very well-read, or maybe just very well red. /seinfeldreference

good thing you wrote /seinfeldreference, because for a second i thought you were a native american hating racist.
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life