Photo
- - - - -

Bioshock Infinite: Ultimate Songbird Edition up for pre order at Amazon for $149.99

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Jawwaad1

Jawwaad1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:26 AM

Just a heads up

http://www.amazon.co...ongbird Edition

PS3

PC

#2 Setherial

Setherial

Angel of Death

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:37 AM

thx, glad i didn't have to go to gamestop. if only the walking dead collector's edition was there too
Visit My Lowball Auction: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=313799

Visit my Sale/Trade List: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=314633

#3 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

Locked it in just in case I decide to get it.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#4 perfectmf1386

perfectmf1386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:38 AM

Quick question. If you're a Prime member, do your 2-day orders automatically get upgraded to release date delivery or did they stop that?

#5 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

Quick question. If you're a Prime member, do your 2-day orders automatically get upgraded to release date delivery or did they stop that?

Yes they will get 'upgraded' to Release Day automatically. This only happens, though, when Release Day Shipping gets offered.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#6 tyrok3k

tyrok3k

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

Awesome. Now if I could only figure out how to cancel my order from the terrible Irrational Games/2K Games Store.

#7 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

I would love to get this, but I will roll the dice that some will be available after release at some point for a discounted price.

#8 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

Locked one in, thanks OP. Kind of annoying, I signed up to be notified when this is available and they definitely didn't notify me.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 Tobenamedlater

Tobenamedlater

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

Thanks for posting op, can't wait to get this CE. Although, I'm surprised no one has gotten pissy yet and said this is not a game deal and asked it to be moved.

#10 Chemosh013

Chemosh013

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

Thanks OP! Locked in my preorder.

Edit: Apparently you also get an Industrial Revolution Puzzle Game code when you preorder. Just got it in my email.

ach.png

#11 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

Will wait and buy for $39.99 just like I did for Skyrim which started out at $149.99 also.

Just because you said that I hope these sell out and go for rediculous prices just like the B2 ULCE edition.

Keep in mind the ULCE was a 2K games production and so is this. Also Bioshock is 1 for 2 on making super rare CE's.

The fact amazon had these up took them down and put them back up with a quantity limit of 2 is enough for me to make sure I preorder early.

If they take them down again in the next few weeks these will not be as common as the other AAA CE's

#12 AdamTen

AdamTen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

So basically an extra $70 for the statue?

#13 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

This game is looking bad ass, and they have a collectors edition to match. I'm not overly fond of the statue though, so I'll stick to the mid-grade version.

16Z462z.jpg

#14 GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX

Finish Him!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

damn i know walking dead is a gamestop exclusive but i thought bioshock was too.. and i just preordered it at gamestop. I'd rather get it from amazon though as i dont need it day 1 and usually itll be cheaper from preorder price guarantee not to mention free prime shipping so less on taxes... i guess im gonna preorder on amazon and cancel it at gamesstop.

XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
Currently Playing

:xb1: Dead Rising 3

:ps3: The Last of Us
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Kirby Triple Deluxe

#15 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

I'd get it if it had a steelbook. Seriously, every collector's edition should have a steelbook.

#16 Finch106

Finch106

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

It's at best buy also. It says it comes with digital download bonus add-on but doesn't say what it is.

#17 fezlopez

fezlopez

Jill Valentine's BF

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

So basically an extra $70 for the statue?

There's a few other things. Frankly, I don't think it's worth the premium. But don't ever tell that to a Collector:-#
Hmmmmm, hamburgers......

#18 ctrek3

ctrek3

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

yeah, after paying $100 for the Bioshock 2 CE, and finding it had dropped to $10 at BB down the road, i think i'll wait. thanks anyway OP. here is hoping that this is better than 2, not that it was bad.
Posted Image

#19 fezlopez

fezlopez

Jill Valentine's BF

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

Did you guys read someone's comment regardin the "permanent" dlc impacting the game?

Not every player may realize it, but the choices you make will impact how the story is told to you PERMANENTLY, I want the game the way it is, so the choice is yours.

Read for yourself,http://www.joystiq.c...trial-revoluti/

I read the article and these are the lines I picked up on:

Industrial Revolution comes with its own innate depth, however: The choices players make on the first playthrough are permanent and the game can't be replayed with different allegiances.

"It's true that Industrial Revolution is designed to be played only once, and while you're playing, you'll be offered choices about which factions you want to support" said the Lazy 8 founder, Rob.

Hmmmmm, hamburgers......

#20 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

The puzzle game isn't that fun. It's been done a thousand times before. In fact I have the game on my iphone and never play it: It's called geared or gears

Formerly known as slickkill77

#21 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

The puzzle game isn't that fun. It's been done a thousand times before. In fact I have the game on my iphone and never play it: It's called geared or gears

If you mean Cogs, that's because it's from the same developer.
Posted Image

#22 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:04 PM

eh screw it. I pre-ordered one for the PS3 for now. I have plenty of time to change my mind.

sixteenvolt420.png

#23 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

If you mean Cogs, that's because it's from the same developer.

The one I have is called Geared.

Formerly known as slickkill77

#24 Flappycack

Flappycack

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:24 AM

Will wait and buy for $39.99 just like I did for Skyrim which started out at $149.99 also.

Where did you get skyrim for 39.99?

#25 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

here is hoping that this is better than 2, not that it was bad.

It should be, as Ken Levine is involved again (he wasn't with 2). I thought 2 had a couple of really great moments, but was mostly a rehash. But a pretty decent rehash.

#26 BNoyes

BNoyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

I think I've got this pre-ordered from newegg for $38. Hard to justify paying well over $100 extra for a bird statue.

#27 MidnightMarauder74

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:19 AM

I think I've got this pre-ordered from newegg for $38. Hard to justify paying well over $100 extra for a bird statue.

Well along with the statue, the Ultimate Songbird Edition also includes:

"a 64 page mini-edition Art of Columbia art book, a 25mm resin-cast Handyman figure which ties in to the upcoming BioShock Infinite board game, a 5x7 inch lithograph depicting propaganda for Devil's Kiss vigor, a Murder of Crows replica bottle keychain, the digital soundtrack, and three exclusive in-game power-ups. Also included for Xbox 360 are exclusive Booker and Elizabeth costumes, while PC and PS3 owners get BioShock Infinite themes."

#28 ctrek3

ctrek3

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:23 AM

It should be, as Ken Levine is involved again (he wasn't with 2). I thought 2 had a couple of really great moments, but was mostly a rehash. But a pretty decent rehash.

nice. i did like the 2nd, but i think what bugged me was that you were a big daddy, and i died quite a bit, i don't think i died once in the first. it just felt like the difficulty wasn't right, plus i preferred the pipe wrench to the drill :D
Posted Image