• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

Posted Image

This has been one of the most hyped launch titles and a showcase for not only the gamepad functionality but that Nintendo will hopefully have a number of mature titles for this new system. It certainly sounds interesting, though I'm not completely convinced it will deliver. It might be just like Red Steel-launch title that was really supposed to show off the potential of the Wii and was pretty miserable.

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#2 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

Got my shipment confirmation from newegg, so hopefully ZombiU will arrive before Thanksgiving! This and New Super Mario Bros U are by far my most anticipated titles. Early impressions sound very promising, and even if it's not perfect, at least it's something novel.
\\:D/

#3 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

a couple early reviews have been pretty positive, and frankly the multi-player option where you are kind of like a DM unleashing various types of baddies on the other players sounds amazing.

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#4 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

a couple early reviews have been pretty positive, and frankly the multi-player option where you are kind of like a DM unleashing various types of baddies on the other players sounds amazing.

Speaking of that, has there been any confirmation of what the other multiplayer modes are? Previews talk about them in the plural, but the one you mention is the only one I've heard of. Well, I guess the mode where you go through the campaign with another player as a zombie chasing you is one too.

#5 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

It also got a 4.5/10 from Gamespot. :lol: Tomorrow should be fun when the review floodgates open and people start playing their copies.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#6 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

I have a feeling that this will be just like Red Steel was for the Wii.. lots of promise, poor execution.

Jim Sterling hinted at a negative review earlier:

Those "leaked" reviews for #ZombiU tempt me to break embargo by saying I like the game, but I can't say I like the game, so I won't.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

Why won't more reviews come out already lol!! I'm just wanting to know if I should pick this up or Black OPS II today

#8 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

There's an embargo.. Reviews should start coming out in an hour or so

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 screwkick

screwkick

\m/ >< \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

The fact that not one gaming website has a review up yet is not good news for this game.

#10 tbassett

tbassett

MW2 Still King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

it's release day, where the hell are the reviews. I'm going to pick up my system plus nsmbu and possibly this. thinking of seeing if they have scribblenauts instead

#11 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

I read on other sites that the embargo lifts at 9am Pacific time, so noon eastern. I picked it up, along with Assassin's Creed III at the TRU buy 1 get 1 40% off sale a few minutes ago.
\\:D/

#12 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

Gameinformer gave Zombiu a 5/10 and IGN gave it a 6.3/10. That's disappointing

#13 eddie291

eddie291

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

I was going to pick up Mario. But after seeing some gameplay videos, I realize its just another 2D style Mario game. I figure I could pass on it for the timebeing and decided to try something different and pick up ZombiU.

I'm not too far into it. If I had to guess, an hour, maybe 90 minutes into it. The combat, the melee combat specifically, is aggravating to say the least. In the beginning of the game(within the first hour more or less), you're encouraged to run away from zombies, and when needed, you engage no more than a few at a time. Then, zombies invade the safehouse, and you have to fight off half a dozen. Melee combat is so damn slow, and zombies take so many hits(I think at least 4 hits, maybe 5 to kill one). That, and it's an insta-kill if a zombie pounces on you. It doesn't matter how much health you have left, you don't even have a chance to fight them off, and so you're basically SOL at that point.
Posted Image

#14 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

I have a feeling that this will be just like Red Steel was for the Wii.. lots of promise, poor execution.

I knew this was going to be Red Steel Electric Boogaloo from the start, but a lot of people seemed blinded by OOOH ZOMBIES!!
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#15 Aejeck

Aejeck

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

I knew this was going to be Red Steel Electric Boogaloo from the start, but a lot of people seemed blinded by OOOH ZOMBIES!!

Yeah, I wanted to wait and see what others said. Definitely glad I did. I think Mario/Scribblenauts will last me awhile anyways.

My zombie love almost got the best of me.

#16 teddybass

teddybass

Minor Threat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

the reviews are all over the place now, eurogamer and destructoid gave it a 9 and 8, I trust those site more than IGN or GS

thinking about getting this at kmart with the $10 gaming coupon

minorthreat.png

#17 hack

hack

shadow of the day.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

Yeah I don't know what to think about this game. Reviews are all over the place. Maybe I'll rent it first, and if I like it, buy it then.

Anyone else pick it up have their impressions?

Based on the video review IGN gave, I agree that melee combat looks tedious and annoying. But maybe it gets better? Different weapons?
prjkthack
Twitter / YouTube

#18 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

A friend of mine has this and likes it a lot. Says it makes great use of the gamepad and such and is very tense and creative. So there's that.
Posted Image

#19 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

this was the only reason i wanted a wii u...

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#20 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

I'll go ahead and rent this one first. So many differing reviews!

Mario and Nintendoland are fun, though!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#21 eddie291

eddie291

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

Yeah I don't know what to think about this game. Reviews are all over the place. Maybe I'll rent it first, and if I like it, buy it then.

Anyone else pick it up have their impressions?

Based on the video review IGN gave, I agree that melee combat looks tedious and annoying. But maybe it gets better? Different weapons?

It's getting better, IMO at least. Once you get used to the combat, its pretty fun. There are different weapons, but it seems like the cricket bat is your only melee one. Its the usual lineup for guns(pistol, shotgun, sniper rifle, etc.). Very limited ammo on the guns though.

I'm starting to have a lot of fun with the game now. I'm really into the whole deliberate pacing. I think if you're a fan of a game like Dark Souls, then you owe to yourself to at least check it out. It certainly isn't perfect, but its a very solid game.
Posted Image

#22 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

it seems like dark souls with Dead Island except you can't mod or build weapons but interface wise it looks similar.

Kamagii.png

#23 hack

hack

shadow of the day.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

It's getting better, IMO at least. Once you get used to the combat, its pretty fun. There are different weapons, but it seems like the cricket bat is your only melee one. Its the usual lineup for guns(pistol, shotgun, sniper rifle, etc.). Very limited ammo on the guns though.

I'm starting to have a lot of fun with the game now. I'm really into the whole deliberate pacing. I think if you're a fan of a game like Dark Souls, then you owe to yourself to at least check it out. It certainly isn't perfect, but its a very solid game.

Never played Dark Souls really, I hear its rather difficult. I prefer my games to not frustrate me. lol

That being said, I rented ZombiU, and hopefully when I get home, it won't frustrate the heck out of me. My expectations are low, so I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Edited by hack, 21 November 2012 - 04:25 AM.

prjkthack
Twitter / YouTube

#24 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:23 AM

Never played Dark Souls really, I hear its rather difficult. I prefer my games to not frustrate me. lol

That being said, I rented Wii U, and hopefully when I get home, it won't frustrate the heck out of me. My expectations are low, so I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

You rented a Wii U or Zombie U? If it is the former I wonder how much they wanted you to put down in a deposit.

Kamagii.png

#25 hack

hack

shadow of the day.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

You rented a Wii U or Zombie U? If it is the former I wonder how much they wanted you to put down in a deposit.

Lol. Sorry i meant ZombiU.
prjkthack
Twitter / YouTube

#26 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

Interesting. Made it to the first
Spoiler
and died. Second survivor made it 30 seconds.

#27 hack

hack

shadow of the day.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

Interesting. Made it to the first

Spoiler
and died. Second survivor made it 30 seconds.

Yeah the same thing happened to me. My second survivor lasted almost a minute, and then I died... by my Zombie self.
prjkthack
Twitter / YouTube

#28 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

I think I'm going to get this game, but I'm wondering if the price will drop before xmas. Won't have use of the Wii U until then anyway.
Posted Image

#29 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

I think I'm going to get this game, but I'm wondering if the price will drop before xmas. Won't have use of the Wii U until then anyway.

Not likely to see a MSRP reduction, but retailers opting to have a sale is very possible.

#30 joebeef

joebeef

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

I'll have to pick this up despite the mixed reviews. There were very few zombie games for Wii