• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

Posted Image

Many might be waiting for the next Mario Kart game but they may be missing out on a pleasant surprise as Sonic Racing was actually pretty good while the last 2 Mario Kart games were fairly disappointing.

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#2 pjarvi

pjarvi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

Due to the price i'm considering picking this up, going to wait to see a livestream of it before getting it though.

#3 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

I kept going back and forth with this game before deciding to keep my pre-order. $29.99 at newegg so I should get a ton of value.

#4 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Did this release today?

#5 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

Yeah I don't have the Wii U yet (the gamestop I pre-ordered at doesn't open for several more hours) but they had a few Wii U games for rent at the Family Video near my work including this so I rented it to see if it was any good.

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

#6 soliddragon

soliddragon

Early Adopter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

I feel it strangely ironic that on the release of a new Nintendo console, I buy a Mario (NSMBU) and a Sonic (Sonic Racing)game.
'Give me, One more medicated peaceful moment'
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

:ds: :360: :ps3: :3ds: :wii: :pc:

Spoiler

#7 nugarp

nugarp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

This game is fantastic! If you have it, add me: pragun

#8 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:28 AM

Yup. Awesome game. I am having a ton of fun with it.

#9 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:40 AM

Thirded. My favorite game so far - some of the courses are just jaw-dropping and it's the best Sega nostalgia fix I've had in awhile.
\\:D/

#10 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

I really want this game. 39.99 seems like a bargain as a launch title, but I only had enough cash for one game and Mario was a clear cut winner. This is likely one of the next games I buy, though.

#11 Josh5890

Josh5890

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

I'm dying waiting for my copy to show up.

#12 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:59 AM

Well maybe we can at least get a CAG group going or something, I loved what I played but tried to find an online game for over 30 minutes with no luck, I don't think many picked this up.

#13 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

Well maybe we can at least get a CAG group going or something, I loved what I played but tried to find an online game for over 30 minutes with no luck, I don't think many picked this up.

Maybe it depends on time of day. I was able to get into a number of 6 to 8 player matches on Sunday night. I sent friend requests to all of the CAGs on the Nintendo Network thread, so hopefully we can get something started. I haven't even opened Nintendo Land, Assassin's Creed III, or ZombiU since I've been so taken with New Super Mario Bros U and Sonic.

#14 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

Can you play this with the Mario Kart steering wheels?

#15 Josh5890

Josh5890

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

Can you play this with the Mario Kart steering wheels?

I stopped using that a long time ago. Whenever I play Mario Kart Wii I use my classic controller.

#16 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

So the boost rush mode is missing its checkpoints and I can't get past that point. Everything else seems to be locked though. For now are we only able to play the tracks up to that point and the multiplayer or am I missing something?

#17 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

So the boost rush mode is missing its checkpoints and I can't get past that point. Everything else seems to be locked though. For now are we only able to play the tracks up to that point and the multiplayer or am I missing something?

Lose 4 times in a row on easy and it will let you skip the event and move on.

#18 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

Lose 4 times in a row on easy and it will let you skip the event and move on.

Thanks. No way I would have figured that out on my own.

#19 Theswweet

Theswweet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

Fuck yes. My copy just arrived from Prizerebel.
I'm 100% Cheap, 100%, and 100% Gamer. Add me whenever you can!... I don't bite.:applause:

Spoiler

Want free games from Amazon/Gamestop? XBLA, PSN, Nintendo store-fronts? Check out the links in my spoilers above!

#20 jr233270

jr233270

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

Which controllers can I use for this game? I have the gamepad (obviously) and 4 wii controllers. Could I play the 5 player local mode that way? Basically, I want to know if the wiimote is usable or whether I need the pro controller for local coop.

Thanks!

#21 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

I also still want to know if I can use the steering wheels. :-P I have the game, but it's put away fro Christmas... I want to break out my new Club Nintendo Japan gold wheel. :)

#22 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

I'd like to know if you can use a classic controller/pro. I am told it doesn't support the Wii U Pro Controller. That kind of sucks. I'm not sure why they wouldn't support it.

Crunchewy.png

#23 asgaga

asgaga

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

i have the game and it does support all controller types. Used a pro controller which works great. Classic controller works but its kind of odd button setup, seeing it uses the same button layout as the pro controller.

#24 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:14 AM

Has the game been patched yet? I heard boost mode was screwed on Wii U and wanted to make sure it was patched before picking it up tomorrow.

Kamagii.png

#25 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:19 AM

i have the game and it does support all controller types. Used a pro controller which works great. Classic controller works but its kind of odd button setup, seeing it uses the same button layout as the pro controller.

It does, seriously? The back of the box says otherwise. This makes me very upset and happy at the same time.

And I don't think it's been patched yet.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#26 kingotnw

kingotnw

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

To those asking, yes the patch was 3-4 days ago.

#27 asgaga

asgaga

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

based on what i googled it hasnt been patched, really annoying since i havent updated my wii u yet. supposedly the patch should come today

#28 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

No patch yet.

A word of caution as well for those getting for your kids. This is not like the last game, where you were always rewarded for just playing the game, and could eventually unlock everything by playing on easy.
This game requires lots of track memorizing, and using specific characters/mods combinations to beat certain challenges. The only way to unlock everything is by completing certain events on hard or even expert levels.
If you don't help your young ones, they will never complete the game.

#29 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

Is the game explicit, though, about what you need to do to unlock those levels? My son won't mind the challenge, as long as he doesn't have to guess at what's required and go through a bunch of nothing before stumbling upon the right combination randomly.

And when people say "all" controller types, does this include the steering wheels?

#30 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

Is the game explicit, though, about what you need to do to unlock those levels? My son won't mind the challenge, as long as he doesn't have to guess at what's required and go through a bunch of nothing before stumbling upon the right combination randomly.

And when people say "all" controller types, does this include the steering wheels?

Well, the game currency is/are 'stars'. You get one star for completing events on easy, two for normal, three for hard, and once you've completed a certain portion of the game
Spoiler

You can unlock maybe one or two of the characters as you progress through the game by playing on easy. However, there're also sections of the game 'locked' based on how many stars you've collected. So, not only will you not ever unlock more characters, but you will never access those sections unless you start playing on normal.

To be fair, a good amount of the content can be completed by just playing on 'normal'. That said, the game suffers from Mario Kart syndrome at times. Often times you'll find yourself in 8th place, and notice that the 7th place character has a powerup. Instead of such character sending his power-up forward to move up in place, he'll send it backwards towards you, and send you back to 10th place.

A few other examples as just poor A.I. programming or glitches: a) You send a projectile to the character in front of you, but he doesn't get hit b) The computer and you hit the same boost panel at the same time, but somehow they boost way ahead of you. c)The cpu characters all seem to direct their weapons strictly at you, regardless of anything else going on in the race.