• This topic is locked This topic is locked
503 replies to this topic

#1 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:29 AM

Posted Image

Well the time's come, game comes out this Tuesday October 30th. Might be the next best wrestling game right up there with No Mercy thanks to the inclusion of the Attitude era modes/superstars.

Full list of roster + DLC characters

Spoiler

New additions include:
-OMG moments (moments that involve the environment that include superplexing someone and causing the ring to implode, spearing someone through the barricade, etc)
-Attitude Era (go through and relive classic Attitude era moments)
-More authentic crowd sounds (Let's go Cena/Cena sucks, Yes chants, etc)
-Create a championship belt

#2 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

Sorry if this thread is kinda crappy compared to the others but wanted to rant due to the other thread already being over 500 posts.

Youtube sent me an email this afternoon saying my vid (it was Stone Cold coming down to save team WWF when the Alliance was beating the crap out of them but replaced the sounds using sounds from the Super Mario games) is in violation of copyright. Yeah, now they come after me after I uploaded the vid almost 4 years ago and 10,000 views later. Dont know if it's related due to the Linda campaign but I'm just seriously pissed right now.

#3 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:43 AM

Sorry for your damn luck.

Almost grabbed WWE All Stars today at Best Buy but the 360 version was still $40 while the PS3 version was $20. I needed the 360 version.

In other wrestling videogame news, I actually got an N64 again for the first time since 1997. The first game I got? WCW/NWO Revenge. The game is great but I was having a hell of a time pinning people. I needed a FAQ but didn't want to stop playing to look one up.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#4 BlueSwim

BlueSwim

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

I'm seriously considering picking up WWE '13 next week because of the K-Mart deal. Seems like they've fixed a lot of the things that annoyed me in WWE '12. One thing I am concerned about with '13 is the "Rope Break" text. In the recent Daniel Bryan vs. X-Pac video THQ released, the pinfall count text display was off, but the rope break text would still appear. That irked me in WWE '12, so I was hoping they would fix it this year. Guess we'll see once the game hits if you can turn it off somehow.

Almost grabbed WWE All Stars today at Best Buy but the 360 version was still $40 while the PS3 version was $20. I needed the 360 version.

In other wrestling videogame news, I actually got an N64 again for the first time since 1997. The first game I got? WCW/NWO Revenge. The game is great but I was having a hell of a time pinning people. I needed a FAQ but didn't want to stop playing to look one up.

WWE All-Stars for the 360 is $19 fulfilled through Amazon.

In WCW/NWO Revenge, do you mean it was taking a long time to pin people or that it was a learning curve type of thing? If it's the former, that probably means that you have the handicap setting too low. With it turned all the way down, you can get 20 minute matches filled with kickouts after finishers. Wish Wrestlemania 2000 and No Mercy had that feature. :/
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=2266
Menage a 3 - It's like Archie without the bullshit.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=7899
Eerie Cuties - Vampires in high school. Don't worry, no sparkling.

Posted Image
Twitter - Bitter. Spiteful. Funky.

#5 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:14 AM

I'll be getting WWE 13 day one. Likely another disappointment, but I'm trying to keep my head up about this one.

#6 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

I'm sitting on a bit of GS credit, not sure if I want to jump on WWE '13 or not.

The pre-order bonuses seem okay, but the gameplay and glitches from '12 were a bit too much to deal with.
Posted Image

#7 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

They're allowing reviews up the day before release (instead of the day of). That means THQ thinks it's good. Besides, they can't afford to screw up this year due to their near bankruptcy situation.
http://www.ign.com/a...presents-wwe-13

Edited by Blaster man, 28 October 2012 - 01:36 PM.

#8 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

Ready to pick it up Tuesday, can't wait. Early reports of people playing the game at Best Buy have been overwhelmingly positive.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

I want to get WWE 13, but I might have to put a hold on getting it. I wish somewhere had a good deal on it. I remember getting WWE 12 day one for $47.99 and a $10 GC thanks to Best Buy and a Target PM.

#10 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

Think I got 12 for 30 or 35 around Black Friday last year so I'm going to wait a bit.

#11 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

I want to get WWE 13, but I might have to put a hold on getting it. I wish somewhere had a good deal on it. I remember getting WWE 12 day one for $47.99 and a $10 GC thanks to Best Buy and a Target PM.

Target has buy 2 get 1 free on all games

#12 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

WWE All-Stars for the 360 is $19 fulfilled through Amazon.

In WCW/NWO Revenge, do you mean it was taking a long time to pin people or that it was a learning curve type of thing? If it's the former, that probably means that you have the handicap setting too low. With it turned all the way down, you can get 20 minute matches filled with kickouts after finishers. Wish Wrestlemania 2000 and No Mercy had that feature. :/

I actually have WWE All Stars and a couple other things sitting in my Amazon cart as we speak. But with the Wii U launch and Assassin's Creed 3 I should probably hold off on buying other videogame related stuff.

Regarding WCW/NWO, I just don't know what all the buttons do. A lot of it came back with time like the running, finishers, and pulling weapons out of the crowd but not so much with the pinning. I'll print out a FAQ before I sit down with it again.

The cart had some hilarious edits left from the previous owner. Hogan was named "DICKMAN", DDP was wearing Raven's clothes, Eddy Guerrero had some Spanish name (well, more Spanish), and Rey Mysterio was in some crazy light-blue body suit.

Edited by Halo05, 28 October 2012 - 04:07 PM.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#13 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

why am I thinking the down arrow button (whatever the bottom yellow button was) pinned? it's been eons since I played those games, though.

how does the gameplay hold up? so many of us talk about it as the holy grail, but hindsight isn't always 20/20 - going back and playing "classic" PS1/N64/early-3D games leaves a *lot* to be desired.
Posted Image

#14 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

I think I tried that and wound up dragging my opponent all over the ring.

The game is still a blast. Hitting Raven's DDT on people and having them start bleeding as a result is great. Beyond that... it is admittedly hard to separate the nostalgia from the experience. If you grew up playing the games, it's worth the relatively low prices that they go for just to see the rosters and mess around with the game. If you have no prior experience with the titles, I don't think that playing them for the first time in 2012 would be anything special.

The other knock against the N64 in general is that it doesn't work very well with my less than a year old TV. The image is stretched (which I need to fix by messing with my TV's settings) and just looks bad like most every standard definition system that I throw at it. I need to start looking at Craigslist for a good condition SD TV for my old stuff to run on.

#15 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

Did you get the game on eBay recently?

#16 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

Refresh my memory - did they remove the Doomsday Device setup from the WWE games or was it in both games?

#17 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

why am I thinking the down arrow button (whatever the bottom yellow button was) pinned? it's been eons since I played those games, though.

how does the gameplay hold up? so many of us talk about it as the holy grail, but hindsight isn't always 20/20 - going back and playing "classic" PS1/N64/early-3D games leaves a *lot* to be desired.

First thing that came to mind was one of the bumpers, though I think the left one flips the opponent around.

Last year, I gave a play to the N64 games. I think they're as good as memory says if not better than expectations. Of course, with "the N64 games" I mean "the AKI games" and not WWF Attitude, WCW Mayhem, WWF Backlash, or WCW Nitro.

And I have a copy of a New Japan game for the Game Boy. Enjoyable for what it is.

#18 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

Did you get the game on eBay recently?

No. Local game place that actually still stocks old systems and games. Game ADX or something like that. It's a little place in Oceanside, CA. The prices are a bit high, and the place is a hole in the wall, but he has a good return policy so I knew I wasn't going to get stuck with something that didn't work. I'll probably get the rest of the good N64 wrestling games via Amazon at some point.

#19 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

This thread has X-Pac heat for not putting a link in the old thread. Definitive fail.

All of this talk is making me nostalgic for some Tecmo World Wrestling. Can anyone recommend a safe ROM site?

Edited by neocisco, 28 October 2012 - 07:07 PM.

Now playing (& watching):
:br:-Strike Back: Vengeance
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#20 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

I got mine all paid and midnight release as well. I can't wait. The Attitude era looks good and the Universe looks even better thanks to Paul Heymans help. I do miss where you could hold a submission to a 4 count or when you landed on the ropes.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#21 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

They changed it from down C in WCW vs. NWO World Tour to L in later games to pin your opponent.

It was truly sad just how badly the AKI games shit on anything else, because the bar was set too high and nothing has ever come close.

#22 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

Target has buy 2 get 1 free on all games

I'm thinking about that. I want to get AC3 too but the third game escapes me. I'd like to only go $90 out of pocket for the both instead of $130 out of pocket with a $4X.XX GC to Best Buy.

This year's game looks way better than last years game, that's for sure. It won't match up to those N64 classics though.

#23 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

I'm thinking about that. I want to get AC3 too but the third game escapes me. I'd like to only go $90 out of pocket for the both instead of $130 out of pocket with a $4X.XX GC to Best Buy.

This year's game looks way better than last years game, that's for sure. It won't match up to those N64 classics though.

Can always return the 3rd game. Deals like these with Target they always mark the game down to 33% for each game.

#24 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:00 PM

Can always return the 3rd game. Deals like these with Target they always mark the game down to 33% for each game.

I can't say I knew that, so thanks. I may end up jumping on it then. $40 for each day one sounds good enough for me. AC games normally drop, but I'm too excited for this one too wait.

#25 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

No chat tonight?

#26 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:05 AM

I've got one open at http://tinychat.com/cagppv

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#27 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:30 AM

Wow, the lineup for this PPV looks terrible. Who in their right mind books a jabroni like Justin Gabriel on a PPV?
Posted Image

#28 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:35 AM

I honestly didn't know Gabriel still had a job until he came out on PPV.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#29 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:58 AM

Ppv named Hell in a Cell