Photo
- - - - -

DEAD: target.com: 3G/WiFi Vita + 8 GB MC $180

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#1 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

UPDATE: the discount has been removed and some people that ordered the bundle online have received order cancellations. If you have bought it online, double-check your order status to see if it was cancelled or not.

Original post:

Credit to jkimrey in the Target weekly ad thread for finding this:

Just noticed that the 3g Vita bundle is $180. Didn't realize the Vita was going for less than the 3ds xl now...

Link to listing on target.com OUT OF STOCK ONLINE

Temporary Price Cut
PlayStation Vita Hardware 3G Bundle with 8GB Memory and AT&T Data Connect - Black (PlayStation Vita)
$179.99 Online Price
List:$299.99 - Save $120.00 (40%)

For a limited time at launch complete your portable gaming experience with the PS Vita 3G/WiFi Launch Bundle including an 8GB Memory Card, an AT&T DataConnect Session pass, and a PSN Game- a bonus $55 in value!

Confirmed by others: in-store price of the bundle is still at $300.

DPCI is 207-19-0102 in case anyone here want to check the local Target store.
Click the "Find In-Store" button on the page before you leave to see if your local Target is still carrying it or not.

Edited by LouieT, 28 October 2012 - 06:47 PM.
dead deal

#2 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

Nice... was going to hold off but you opened the door for lurkers to repost elsewhere (I know I know.. would happen eventually) so I guess I have to decide if this is the best way to get a second vita for the GF or if I should hold off...

#3 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

Aw crap. I was wanting a 3DS since I haven't had a Nintendo console since the NES, but this is very tempting. Must...resist...

Edit: $13.08 tax, $6.83 s/h
Total $199.90
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#4 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

Aw crap. I was wanting a 3DS since I haven't had a Nintendo console since the NES, but this is very tempting. Must...resist...

Edit: $13.08 tax, $6.83 s/h
Total $199.90

Did you see the post about the aqua blue 3ds qualifying for the B2G1 Free? I remember this happened before during at Target B2G1 and all orders were cancelled but still a good deal if you don't mind that color and the original model

#5 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

Hmm, to buy or not to buy...

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#6 Xiemos

Xiemos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

Really good price

#7 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

Did you see the post about the aqua blue 3ds qualifying for the B2G1 Free? I remember this happened before during at Target B2G1 and all orders were cancelled but still a good deal if you don't mind that color and the original model

So I'd have to plunk down $400, then return two of them to get a discount? I didn't see the original post so sorry if this has been answered.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#8 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

Man, I'm really torn if I should get this or not.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Kaiser499.png

#9 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

It's unknown if the same price cut is in-store. Most likely no, since online price cuts don't show up in-store.

DPCI is 207-19-0102 in case anyone here want to check the local Target store.
Click the "Find In-Store" button on the page before you leave to see if your local Target is still carrying it or not.

well technically if this lasts until nov 1st target starts price matching online right?

#10 Guest_merevisitor59_*

Guest_merevisitor59_*

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

Just bought this!!!

#11 io

io

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

Yep, I bought it too. $170.99 total for me (Red Card discount of $9 and free shipping, plus no sales tax where I live). I just couldn't pass it up for that as I feel this will go OOS or be changed soon (though now that I bought it probably not ;)).

#12 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

Damn, I want this but it would drain my gaming budget for the rest of year.

I wish I knew what PS+ for Vita was getting.

#13 io

io

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

Damn, I want this but it would drain my gaming budget for the rest of year.

I wish I knew what PS+ for Vita was getting.

Yeah, I'm kind of counting on getting some stuff from that as I will probably try to hold off buying too many games for it (as I stare at a huge stack of never played PSP games...).

#14 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

Yep, I bought it too. $170.99 total for me (Red Card discount of $9 and free shipping, plus no sales tax where I live). I just couldn't pass it up for that as I feel this will go OOS or be changed soon (though now that I bought it probably not ;)).

Damn you for having no sales tax! Mine came out to $179.54. Luckily red card discount is about the same as my sales tax :D

I was going to get the AC3 bundle.. but this is definitely a better deal.

#15 io

io

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:37 AM

Damn you for having no sales tax! Mine came out to $179.54. Luckily red card discount is about the same as my sales tax :D

Don't worry, I more than make up for it in state income tax ;). (Though all in all I prefer it this way).

As for B2G1, I wish this worked on a Persona 4 Vita preorder. I might wait till that is out and hope Amazon comes through - though I know they limited their list of titles last year as well and would probably exclude that one. My perfect B2G1 would be Little Big Planet Vita, Persona 4 Vita, and Professor Layton 3DS (all at $39.99).

#16 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

I ended up buying, this will hurt my buying for the rest of the year pretty badly but I'm sure I'll manage.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Kaiser499.png

#17 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

Don't worry, I more than make up for it in state income tax ;). (Though all in all I prefer it this way).

As for B2G1, I wish this worked on a Persona 4 Vita preorder. I might wait till that is out and hope Amazon comes through - though I know they limited their list of titles last year as well and would probably exclude that one. My perfect B2G1 would be Little Big Planet Vita, Persona 4 Vita, and Professor Layton 3DS (all at $39.99).

Yeah, it'd be nice if Persona 4 was included somehow. I can't even think of 3 Vita games that I'd want from Target's B2G1 free deal. I got most of the good ones from the walmart deal a while back (3 games for $40).

#18 Zimmy

Zimmy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

It would be nice if this was in store.
If I remember Target shipping, probably won't get this until the week after next.
I may still wait for a rebate on the AC3 version. I really want a white one.

I notified Amazon about the price but for the last year or so, they don't seem to bother matching anymore.
Posted Image

#19 RySenkari

RySenkari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

I pulled the trigger. This is less than the price that I was reasonably hoping for a price drop to. I already feel like I'm splurging but it's my money and I'm gonna spend it dammit XD

#20 Glasscocked

Glasscocked

CAG title goes here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

Really good deal on the 3g version except that the 3g feature is essentially useless. I bet this is a signal that Sony is going to drop the 3g model shortly and this is some sort of closeout.

#21 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

So tempted to get another one.

#22 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:07 PM

As expected this is on other deal sites now. I wouldn't put much faith in this lasting through the morning/afternoon as Target gets his pretty bad by people looking to make a dollar (although the Vita isn't the most profitable resell).

I guess I need to decide if my girlfriend will use this or if not if I have any use for a second unit

#23 rockykai

rockykai

Less than a month? Two more weeks? -_-

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

I've been tempted too, but considering that I want a 3DS and PS3 before this...

Edit: Now I understand the "free game" part - totally my bad. I think I will pass on this and hope that something juicy comes along for PS3 160GBs or the 3DS XL.

Edited by rockykai, 28 October 2012 - 12:24 PM.

#24 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

So, this is a standard Vits that happens to be 3G also? Is there a negative here I'm not seeing? I won't be using the 3G but that's just an extra feature and otherwise this is identical to the Wifi version. Correct?

#25 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

So, this is a standard Vits that happens to be 3G also? Is there a negative here I'm not seeing? I won't be using the 3G but that's just an extra feature and otherwise this is identical to the Wifi version. Correct?

Yes it is the same as the Wifi version except that it has 3G capabilities and a SIM card slot. Also this is a bundle that comes with a 8GB memory card and a voucher for Stardust something something if you activate the 3G. I'm not sure if the voucher is expired now but it worked for me back in July.

3G is fairly useless though although nice to have if Sony ever does anything worthwhile with it

#26 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:21 PM

Damn, I swear this site doesn't save me money...just makes me spend more.

Thanks OP.

Posted Image

#27 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:21 PM

love how sony treats it customers like crap

nintendo system falls in 6 months FREE GAMES

sony system falls i 6 months too bad mother fuckers
WOOOO I STINK

#28 Jeatsee

Jeatsee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

thanks for the heads up. there was a time I would have got it at that price but now I can wait until it gets lower. My backlog is big enough, but it is temping.

#29 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

Thanks for the credit Louie. :)

Regarding the 3DS XL - just a heads up that I got an email from TRU with a one day coupon (today) for a $15 GC with a purchase of a 3ds xl. Not sure if that ranks "juicy", but thought I'd pass it along. :)

I've been tempted too, but considering that I want a 3DS and PS3 before this...

Edit: Now I understand the "free game" part - totally my bad. I think I will pass on this and hope that something juicy comes along for PS3 160GBs or the 3DS XL.

#30 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

love how sony treats it customers like crap

nintendo system falls in 6 months FREE GAMES

sony system falls i 6 months too bad mother fuckers

Nintendo had a price drop; this is a sale or perhaps a clearance on the 3G model (who knows).

Completely different thing and it is possible Sony will give out free games once PS+ is launched on the Vita.

And to add to the fail of your post the Vita has been out for almost exactly 8 months (or closer to a year if you're that douche that counts the Japanese launch date)