Cheap Amazon Game Guides Thread - Sonic Colors $3 and more

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

For cheap Amazon game guides that are FSSS/Prime eligible. Great for those looking for cheap fillers to hit the free shipping mark.

$3 and under
Sonic Colors $3.00 (third party seller, shipped by Amazon)
X-Men Destiny Official Strategy Guider $3.22 $1.96 $1.75 $1.94

$4 and under
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Signature Series Guide $3.57 $1.30 $1.47 $1.63 $1.80 $2.00
Gears of War 3 Signature Series Guide $3.58 $1.30 $1.35 $2.05 $2.28
Red Steel 2 - Prima Essential Guide $4.00 (multiple third party sellers, shipped by Amazon)

$5 and under
Condemned 2: Bloodshot: Prima Official Game Guide $4.20 (third party seller, shipped by Amazon)
Front Mission Evolved Official Strategy Guide (Paperback) $4.38 (third party seller, shipped by Amazon)
Thrillville: Off the Rails: Prima Official Game Guide $4.49 (third party seller, shipped by Amazon, 1 left; cheaper if you buy from other sellers and pay shipping)
The Golden Compass: Prima Official Game Guide $4.97 (third party seller, shipped by Amazon)
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks: Prima Official Game Guide $4.99 (third party seller, shipped by Amazon)

$6 and under
Prototype 2 $5.04 (thanks to coopscohen for the find)
Duke Nukem: Forever Official Strategy Guide $5.27 (third party seller, shipped by Amazon)
Diablo III Signature Series Guide $5.70

Previously cheap guides
Spoiler

Edited by Sway, 10 December 2012 - 03:55 AM.
Updating title

#2 thejnc

thejnc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

Thanks, ordered Splatterhouse, Afro, and MvC3 guides since I have all of these in my backstock.

#3 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

Nice! Thanks, OP.

154512.png

:360: Child of Light / FIFA 14

:pc: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:ps4: Watch Dogs

jionekanji.png

#4 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

Thanks for the heads up i bought the Splatterhouse Guide maybe now ill get around to beating it.

#5 pdjones

pdjones

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:52 PM

Why would anyone truly need a strategy guide for a game like Splatterhouse?

#6 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:24 AM

Why would anyone truly need a strategy guide for a game like Splatterhouse?

Ahhh my friend the real question is ..... Why not ?
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#7 electricsheep81

electricsheep81

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:30 AM

Amazon also has the MW3 hardcover guide for $3.65

http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_sim_b_1

edit - nevermind, I see that this guide already has it's own thread.

#8 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:51 AM

Grabbed Splatterhouse and MvC3.

Much obliged OP!

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#9 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:00 AM

I went ahead and bought the MvC3 strategy guide. It might help me towards platinum.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#10 Pango5k

Pango5k

Now with Retsyn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:01 AM

Picked up Splatterhouse and SFxT thanks a ton OP!

#11 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:03 AM

If only the ff 13 guide was this cheap :(
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#12 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:37 AM

Already got one cheap, but this will help you get all the nude pics :D

#13 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:52 AM

Thanks OP. I bought the Splatterhouse guide.

#14 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:19 AM

This thread is actually pretty good since not many of us can get penny guides (not once in my cAG life ever encounter penny guides), thanks OP. I'm not sure I want any of them yet, can't get free shipping, lol.

#15 redrum666

redrum666

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

thank you OP i got

Splatterhouse
Street Fighter x Tekken
Afro Samurai

#16 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:34 AM

Thanks OP. Grabbed a Splatterhouse and Street Fighter x Tekken though I'm not sure why LOL. A deal is something cheap that I can't resist buying.

#17 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:10 AM

It's worth it to find the collectibles in Splatterhouse. They unlock diary pages as narrated by the villainous Dr. West as he descends into Lovecraftian insanity. His direction is a little off in places but man, the guy hits every note between pensive mad scientist and mad psycho on a quest to resurrect That Which Should Not Be Named with pitch perfect accuracy. However he is delivering the lines he sounds GREAT. They are easily worth 1000ing the game.

I still really liked Splatterhouse as a game but man it is rough. Almost every late game miniboss needed a bit more work to be more fun to fight like the early mooks and bosses

#18 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:35 AM

This thread is actually pretty good since not many of us can get penny guides (not once in my cAG life ever encounter penny guides), thanks OP. I'm not sure I want any of them yet, can't get free shipping, lol.

Same prime ran out. :cry:

#19 moneysaver

moneysaver

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

Just picked up MW3, hopefully I missed something awesome. Thanks OP

Picked up the same ones

Edited by io, 29 October 2012 - 09:20 AM.

#20 shopsmarts

shopsmarts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

I've been using this great guide to find the pictures of Jenny. Are the pictures of Jenny in the guide? Like a gallery?

http://www.gamesrada...s-of-jen-guide/
Ballin' on a budget

#21 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

Since alot of people here arent as lucky as i am when it comes to penny guides i suggest that we have an amazon cheap guide mega thread. These are great for filler to get the 25$ super saver shipping and if you have prime these are even better !
Currently playing

690739.png

#22 pacino408

pacino408

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

I agree with this :)

#23 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

Since alot of people here arent as lucky as i am when it comes to penny guides i suggest that we have an amazon cheap guide mega thread. These are great for filler to get the 25$ super saver shipping and if you have prime these are even better !

If you want to create the mega thread, I can link to it and lock this thread. Or I can make the first post a wiki and change the title accordingly.

Also, added Sonic Colors.

#24 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

If you want to create the mega thread, I can link to it and lock this thread. Or I can make the first post a wiki and change the title accordingly.

Also, added Sonic Colors.

You might as well change the title and wiki it. When someone finds a great price for a guide or when a guide in the op dropped more we can post/change it
Currently playing

690739.png

#25 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

You might as well change the title and wiki it. When someone finds a great price for a guide or when a guide in the op dropped more we can post/change it

Done and done. Thanks for the suggestion.

#26 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

Sweet ! Ill Check on amazon daily for more drops :)
Currently playing

690739.png

#27 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

Nice thread, will keep an eye out and update if I see anything. Thanks.

#28 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

Got Gears 3 and MW3 for $6 total. I miss penny guides, but at least I don't need to use gas and hope I find stuff and don't get denied the sale.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#29 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

For those looking for cheap guides, Hastings has a lot of used ones in good condition. After their promo codes, you can get many of them for just a few dollars with very cheap shipping. I went a little crazy and got a bunch over the past few months (probably about 15-20 in all). All of them were in very good to excellent condition.

#30 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

Do bb price match game guides?