Photo
- - - - -

Sync Your AMEX with Your X360/Gamertag, Get $10 - Beat Halo 4, Get +$25 + Other Deals

• Please log in to reply
568 replies to this topic

#1 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

https://sync.america...Box/CardCapture

Posted Image

AMEX/Xbox Sync Deals Must be done through Dashboard Ad:

• $10 STATEMENT CREDIT FOR ENROLLING!
  • $25 credit back for $50 spent at PacSun
  • $5 credit back for $10 spent at AMC Theaters

Complete Halo 4 Achievements and get rewards:

Look for the Halo/Amex ad on your dashboard.

Edited by LinkinPrime, 02 November 2012 - 01:31 AM.

#2 Kromis

Kromis

Für das Vaterland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

Pretty sweet! I'll try this when I get home!

#3 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:19 AM

The last reward O_O

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#4 Demonkadar

Demonkadar

Customer Service Slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

I synced up my free BlueBird prepaid card and it gave me a code and allowed me to do this, not sure if they will just give me 10 dollars or what but it is worth a try.

#5 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

Freaking insane... wow, this offer alone might tilt me into buying Halo 4 at release, which is saying something.
[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#6 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:36 AM

first time i will play a game more than twice

#7 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

Well, shit. Still like my Visa, but this is nifty.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#8 chahi

chahi

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

Dupe.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=331098
Posted Image

#9 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

This is actually really cool. I don't have an AMEX or anything, but I like this and hope to see more of it in the future. $25 for getting an achievement. That is just plain cool.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#10 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:50 AM

This is actually really cool. I don't have an AMEX or anything, but I like this and hope to see more of it in the future. $25 for getting an achievement. That is just plain cool.

I have been an AMEX cardholder for 6 years, they have been great with there member perks and customer service. Same goes for Discover, if you must have a credit card those two are the best.

AMEX is also giving out $25 statement credits for small business Saturday (The day after Black Friday) when you shop at any small business like last year.

#11 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

Holy shit

#12 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

Nice, I have an Amex card so I'm in.

#13 BrownThunder

BrownThunder

Professor of Crunkonomics

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

$50 off $100 after beating the game? Black Friday is gonna be awesome.

#14 spauldingfan

spauldingfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

I synced up my free BlueBird prepaid card and it gave me a code and allowed me to do this, not sure if they will just give me 10 dollars or what but it is worth a try.

Did you get any email confirmation? I might try this out as well.

#15 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

So basically they are giving $85 for buying and completing Halo 4. Sold.

#16 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

Man, essentially getting back 35 bucks for signing up and beating Halo 4 makes it a bit easier to buy it at full price on launch.

#17 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:08 AM

yeah, it says corporate and prepaid cards are invalid. But like you said, doesnt hurt to try if thats all you have.

#18 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

You should be aware that the $10 statement credit does not apply automatically after you link your card. You need to activate it manually once the link has been established.

#19 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

Yeah, you have to claim the 10 dollar statement offer from the dashboard once you enter your activation code.

#20 Dysheekie

Dysheekie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:25 AM

Between the 20 dollar pre-order credit from Best Buy, and this -- there's a lot of incentive to buy Halo 4.
Posted Image

#21 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:32 AM

The last reward O_O

For better or worse, I expect that those prizes are only going to be won by people with some sort of advantage--members of the press who already have copies of the game, pirates, Gamestop employees who borrow the game in advance, people who find a store breaking the street date, etc. With such high stakes, I'm sure there'll be well more than 25 people who are paused right before the achievement unlocks and will unlock it within a minute or two of the clock ticking over to 12:01am.

#22 majorjohn

majorjohn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:37 AM

For better or worse, I expect that those prizes are only going to be won by people with some sort of advantage--members of the press who already have copies of the game, pirates, Gamestop employees who borrow the game in advance, people who find a store breaking the street date, etc. With such high stakes, I'm sure there'll be well more than 25 people who are paused right before the achievement unlocks and will unlock it within a minute or two of the clock ticking over to 12:01am.

fvck...

I was thinkin to buy an xbox and Halo 4 just for this 25 winner prize, since I thought not much people uses AMX, since it is not accepted in many places...

#23 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:44 AM

fvck...

I was thinkin to buy an xbox and Halo 4 just for this 25 winner prize, since I thought not much people uses AMX, since it is not accepted in many places...

I'm sure that getting people to buy the game and/or systems right away is a large part of the incentive for that prize ;) Hell, it could even be possible that legit buyers in Europe/Asia (which are significantly ahead of the US time zone wise) are able to win this on behalf of friends in the states using US gamertags--I doubt that AMEX is going to be checking the IP address of winning US gamertags, if that info is even tracked in the first place.

#24 io

io

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

:lol: So this will get me to play Halo 4 soon upon release. I'm buying it day 1 for my son, but I wasn't planning on playing it myself any time soon. I didn't play Halo Reach (my first ever Halo game by the way) until a year or so after it came out. Now I'll have to coop Halo 4 with him I guess.

I'd just link it to his Gametag so I don't have to bother but being a child's account it probably won't work. We already know he's getting screwed out of the Mountain Dew/Doritos XP promotion. (Seriously, there is a promo aimed squarely at kids and yet they can't use the codes #-o).

#25 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

I'm not a Halo fan but I am now.

Day 1 pickup for me now suckas

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#26 itsoverninethousand

itsoverninethousand

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

Pretty sweet deal, hopefully these kinds of rewards become more common. The only problem is HALO sucks ass. I can't imagine suffering through an entire campaign. I got to find a sucker who will play it under my account.

#27 mrright4you4now

mrright4you4now

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:07 AM

Pretty sweet deal, hopefully these kinds of rewards become more common. The only problem is HALO sucks ass. I can't imagine suffering through an entire campaign. I got to find a sucker who will play it under my account.

Whats the weather like under your bridge?

#28 Bronson-Lee

Bronson-Lee

VitaTag:GoForBroke94

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

What on earth? Where did this deal come from?!

This is basically DOTY for anyone with an AMEX card. So many good deals just off of this.

#29 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

The only advantage i see is the 3hrs the East coast has ahead of the West coast ;)

***Competition is open to legal U.S. residents (excluding residents of CO, CT, MD, VT and U.S. territories and possessions) who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry and who have synced an eligible American Express Card with Xbox 360 prior to completing the "Lone Wolf Legend" achievement in Halo 4 ("Game"). Must complete achievement while logged into the Xbox LIVE account associated with your synced Card. The Competition begins on November 6, 2012 at 12:01am ET and ends December 31, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. ET or when all prizes have been won, whichever is sooner. For Official Rules, which govern competition, visit https://amexbox.com/OfferTerms. Void in CO, CT, MD, VT and U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited. Limit 1 trip per Cardmember\Gamertag. Program Terms and Conditions apply.

#30 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:12 AM

fvck...

Where isn't it accepted? I've never experienced it.