Looks like New Vegas is $4.99 also:
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16832136013

EDIT: NV also has free shipping

#3 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

I'm tempted to buy Hunted Demon's Forge. I'm unsure about Rage.

#4 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

does Hunted redeem on Steam? I know the game is not that good but for $5 I'll give it a try

O6d6OER.jpg

#5 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

I'm tempted to buy Hunted Demon's Forge. I'm unsure about Rage.

Rage is good game I got it on release and enjoyed it quite a bit, sure it has some issues but for $5 you could do worse

O6d6OER.jpg

#6 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Thoughts on RAGE? I'm a huge Borderlands/Borderlands 2 fan. I know comparing these two series isn't quite fair, but figured I'd ask.

Also, how hard are the driving sequences in RAGE? I'm using mouse and keyboard so hopefully they're manageable (or skippable).

Thanks, CAGs!

#7 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

I liked RAGE. For the price it is good. Driving is largely optional and not too tough.

Hunted doesn't activate on Steam. It's decent but disappointing.

#8 Saablic

Saablic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

Thoughts on RAGE? I'm a huge Borderlands/Borderlands 2 fan. I know comparing these two series isn't quite fair, but figured I'd ask.

Also, how hard are the driving sequences in RAGE? I'm using mouse and keyboard so hopefully they're manageable (or skippable).

Thanks, CAGs!

Rage is a traditional shooter with scavenging elements so it isn't the fast fast loot fest that is Borderlands. There is quite a bit of driving but I found them extremely easy and you could just drive past the guys on the road to your next mission.

All in all I would say that Rage is well worth 5 bucks. I played it on PS3 because I got it for 5 there even though I am a PC gamer primarily. I would hope that the PC version doesn't have the massive pop in that the PS3 version does.

#9 Bierno

Bierno

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

does APB reloaded still get the primary bonus wepaons?

#10 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

I played through Rage on 360 at release. I really enjoyed it, really solid corridor shooting which id is known for, plus more open environments as well and a fairly decent arcade racer to boot

#11 deadpool253

deadpool253

Lording in DOTA 2

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

RAGE is worth the 5 bucks. The ending is really horrible, but everything else about it is awesome. The driving parts are perfectly fine with a keyboard and mouse and feel nice and arcade like, similar to a Burnout style of car driving

Also wondering if Hunted redeems on Steam, I'd pick it up for 5

#12 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

YMMV but when I purchased Rage from Newegg and redeemed the key through Steam I got the Anarchy Edition. Shows up as "Authority Pack DLC".

#13 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

Looks like New Vegas is $4.99 also:
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16832136013

EDIT: NV also has free shipping

This seems like a really good deal.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#14 Armaly

Armaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

Isn't APB free to play?

#15 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

does Hunted redeem on Steam? I know the game is not that good but for $5 I'll give it a try

According to the steam activation list it's not on it so I assume its a plain Windows Live game.
https://support.stea...=7480-wusf-3601

#16 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

According to the steam activation list it's not on it so I assume its a plain Windows Live game.

You just saved me $5 if this is true haha

#17 lydon

lydon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

Awesome! Almost grabbed Rage for $6 this summer but really glad I waited. That $1 will be saved for something amazing.

JoeGazi.png

#18 LordFlux

LordFlux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

Just to clarify -- it's a Games For Windows title -- not a Games For Windows Live title.

GFWL titles use the GFWL client -- which includes access to your Live friends list as well as achievements. I know some people here are achievement hunters, so don't purchase this game thinking you can increase your gamerscore.

On the other hand, some people here hate the GFWL client. Since this game does not use the client, you won't have to deal with it.

#19 Cloulien

Cloulien

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

Isn't APB free to play?

A search of steam says that you are correct. Thanks for mentioning it.

Games I Have For Sale/Trade:

Spoiler

Private Message me or add me on steam for more information if you are interested
gallery_474050_8161_38387.jpggallery_474050_8161_119930.jpg

#20 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

Thanks for the heads-up on RAGE! I might snap it up then.

#21 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

Rage activates on Steam, right?

#22 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

RAGE (requires Steam) is definitely worth $5.
Plus, the game take up like 24 GB.

Rage activates on Steam, right?

YES.

#23 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

Hmm, 2nd to last latest review on newegg says that even after installing 25GB from disk, they had to down a 18GB patch through Steam, 43GB!?! That's insane.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#24 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

What?!?!?
I never had an 18 GB patch!

If I recall, the game forced another 4 GB for all that extra Anarchy Edition content.
I don't know if what NewEgg is selling there is the Anarchy Edition.
Since it is NOT advertised as such - doubt it.
But, who knows...this is NewEgg, so it's a dice-roll...

#25 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

Sometimes Steams makes you redownload everything if you install from disc. Don't know why, but the best bet is always just to activate on steam and DL directly from there.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#26 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

I bought Rage earlier this year from Newegg and my key was missing a character, just FYI. Had to go through Bethesda to get a good one.
Posted Image

#27 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

Sometimes Steams makes you redownload everything if you install from disc. Don't know why, but the best bet is always just to activate on steam and DL directly from there.

This. Most of the games nowadays seem to take a big download whether you install from disc or not. Best just to do it overnight or while at work for the humongous games, unless you have a bandwidth cap/extra expense. Then install from disc and pray to the steam god that they won't make you redownload everything.

If I remember correctly, the retail copy from Newegg I got back in the summer for $8 or $9, when activated on Steam gave me access to the Sewer missions, but not the free weapon/melee glove/and dune buggy.

I remember those other items from the launch edition I got on Xbox 360. Didn't really miss them much when I played on PC though.

Edit: On steam what came with my summer newegg retail box copy activated on steam as "Rage Sewers DLC"

Edited by loomis1975, 03 November 2012 - 12:05 AM.
Checked DLC as listed on Steam

#28 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

If it tries to do DL the entire thing again, CLOSE Steam out and re-open it.
It should take what's left that it needs.

#29 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

Oh and Fallout New Vegas is definitely worth playing, but it is also one of those games that is just about guaranteed to be at a deep discount with all its DLC on the steam sale at the end of the year.

But you could buy the base game now, play it and maybe by the time the sale comes around, be ready for the DLC and just jump into that part. Depends on how quickly you play through your games.

#30 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

Oh and Fallout New Vegas is definitely worth playing, but it is also one of those games that is just about guaranteed to be at a deep discount with all its DLC on the steam sale at the end of the year.

But you could buy the base game now, play it and maybe by the time the sale comes around, be ready for the DLC and just jump into that part. Depends on how quickly you play through your games.

I loved FO: New Vegas.
Old World Blues is probably my favorite DLC of all time.