Photo
- - - - -

Paper Mario Sticker Star - 11/11/2012

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#1 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

How can there not be a thread about this yet?!? I am super excited about this game! :)

http://papermario.nintendo.com

The Paper Mario: Sticker Star game is a flat-out epic new adventure, starring the
Mushroom Kingdom's most famous hero in an elaborate papercraft world. With the land
positively packed full of stickers, Mario™ will collect and use them to fight off baddies,
uncover secrets, and more. Fans of the Paper Mario series will discover all new gameplay
elements new to the franchise, while newer players will enjoy a craftastic new twist
on their favorite Nintendo hero—only for Nintendo 3DS!

I have this game pre-ordered at amazon for $29.99. I think they had the wrong price originally and I got in before they changed it. Yeah!

Crunchewy.png

#2 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

I'm probably picking this up. The IGN review is a little troubling though. They say it is good but there will definitely be times where you get stuck and have no idea what to do next and the game doesn't point you in the right direction so you end up doing a ton of backtracking to find something you may have missed. I hate that. Other than that the review was very positive.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#3 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

http://kotaku.com/59...e-kotaku-review

very tempted to cancel this game now
WOOOO I STINK

#4 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

Wish they would release an official guide for this game.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#5 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

crap dont know what to do yet (got a few days)

probally will not have any open slots on gamefly so it would cost me 7 bucks to upgrade

so i could take 7 off the game knocking it down to 23....

Ragnarok: Tactics is same price

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhh
WOOOO I STINK

#6 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

crap dont know what to do yet (got a few days)

probally will not have any open slots on gamefly so it would cost me 7 bucks to upgrade

so i could take 7 off the game knocking it down to 23....

Ragnarok: Tactics is same price

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhh

This is probably a lot better than Ragnarok: Tactics

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#7 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

This is probably a lot better than Ragnarok: Tactics

yea reading reviews that game is very bad graphic wise and its almost a clone to FFT
WOOOO I STINK

#8 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

I'm probably picking this up. The IGN review is a little troubling though. They say it is good but there will definitely be times where you get stuck and have no idea what to do next and the game doesn't point you in the right direction so you end up doing a ton of backtracking to find something you may have missed. I hate that. Other than that the review was very positive.

Yeah, but all of the paper mario games have been like that. They quite often don't really give you any direction, and you have to backtrack a lot, at least at the end of the game.
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#9 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

There were some frustrating bits in the first two games, but I still loved them. Plus are there really any RPGs that don't leave you scratching your head and wondering what to do next sometimes?

Crunchewy.png

#10 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

Will probably pick this up. Always liked the paper mario games. Lots of fun!
Posted Image

#11 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

So $30 from Amazon is the best price for this?

EDIT: Amazon is showing $40... too much for a portable game, IMO. So where can this be had on the cheap?

#12 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

Kmart is doing $15 coupon for $45 gaming purchase starting 11/11, so I'm going to try and find a clearance game to buy. You can also get a pre-order card from Target for $1 that gives you a $5 GC back. I actually bought one of those, but won't pick it up now with the better Kmart deal. (I'm still hoping for a better deal as well... B2G1 would be awesome.)

#13 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

I think I'll be waiting for another B1G1 before I pick this up.

#14 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

I have a pre-order from amazon for $30, but that's long since gone. A short time ago Newegg had a pre-order for it for $30 as well, but also that is gone I believe.

Crunchewy.png

#15 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

If I had a 3DS, I would drop $40 on this in a heartbeat. Mario RPGs have always been quality fun for me.

#16 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

Yeah, but all of the paper mario games have been like that. They quite often don't really give you any direction, and you have to backtrack a lot, at least at the end of the game.

Yeah, it's a pretty hollow complaint. It's not just the Paper Marios, backtracking is an RPG staple. Reviews of this title should begin and end with goat attack. When it comes to goat attackin, I'm picking up what Nintendo is laying down.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

Kmart is doing $15 coupon for $45 gaming purchase starting 11/11, so I'm going to try and find a clearance game to buy. You can also get a pre-order card from Target for $1 that gives you a $5 GC back. I actually bought one of those, but won't pick it up now with the better Kmart deal. (I'm still hoping for a better deal as well... B2G1 would be awesome.)

i think someone Target or best buy is doing 3 for 2 this week 3ds games

still cheaper to keep my preorders though

to
Forced to find a 3rd 40 for 80 + tax = 85.60
WOOOO I STINK

#18 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

It would be easy if that "blind" game could be Zero Escape, but it appears Kmart is only selling that one online. :-(

#19 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

does anyone think a 7 year old would like this game? Of course they're blasting the commercial on all the kids channels, so my son wants it. He has literally not taken 3D Land out of his 3DS since launch last year and has beaten it multiple times, collected all three coins in all levels, when I couldn't (or didn't try) to finish past the second world.

I've tried telling him that this will be nothing like that, probably hard and complex, but he is obsessed with stickers (just spent $30 damn dollars on a Pokemon and Lego Sticker Book at his school book fair), probably stems from his like of Little Big Planet too.

So IDK, I don't mind dropping $30 on it by PMing Frys or something, but if he is just going to get frustrated, I'd rather spare him from that..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#20 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

If he can read and understand simple math then I would guess he will probably enjoy it. My son (5) isn't quite there yet.

#21 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

There is too much reading for a typical 7-year old, IMO.

#22 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

P.S. If he likes to get coins, why not go for NSMB2? You can even buy extra levels online to download.

#23 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

There is too much reading for a typical 7-year old, IMO.

I think it depends - when my daughter was 7 she was reading "real" books (small font, no pictures) like Harry Potter... although she is pretty nuts about reading (she prefers it to all other activities and reads like 3 books a week). I'm pretty sure my son won't be like that when he is 7 though... so I think it really depends on the kid.

#24 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

thanks guys! Yeah I was worried about the reading aspect, hence why I've always deterred him from the Pokemon games, but from what I saw on videos for Paper Mario, it looked like most of the character captions were gibberish. I guess the reading aspect comes in to advance the story (?) He reads alright for his age, at least thats what his teachers say and from the books we read at night..perhaps I will search out a demo unit with it in or somehow let him try it out first.

P.S. If he likes to get coins, why not go for NSMB2? You can even buy extra levels online to download.

Yup, I know, picked that up day one to try to get him off 3D Land, he played it for 20 mins and he just didn't like it for some reason. IDK, he didn't like NSMB either. Maybe he doesn't like 2D planes...kids nowadays! Have no roots..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#25 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:23 AM

Does anybody know how many blocks this will take up if you download it? I may go that route. I only have 5000 blocks left on my SD card.
Posted Image

#26 pippin

pippin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

Amazon actually mailed my copy today so it will be here on Monday! That's the first time they have ever done that for me with a Sunday release game. Usually they don't mail them until the Monday after.

#27 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:36 AM

Amazon actually mailed my copy today so it will be here on Monday! That's the first time they have ever done that for me with a Sunday release game. Usually they don't mail them until the Monday after.

pisses me off i got one day shipping and it shows the 16th
WOOOO I STINK

#28 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:50 AM

Does anybody know what other 2 more recent games to pair this up with for the Best Buy Sale? I guess I could get one of the Pokemon Games if I had too but anything else?

#29 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

Does anybody know what other 2 more recent games to pair this up with for the Best Buy Sale? I guess I could get one of the Pokemon Games if I had too but anything else?

Personally, I'm getting Professor Layton and Theatrythym to go with Paper Mario tomorrow.

#30 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:49 AM

Personally, I'm getting Professor Layton and Theatrythym to go with Paper Mario tomorrow.

bad thing with some many flips in the last few months could of got them cheaper flipping them

professor was 20 the other week if you could got a price match
and i think thetryhym you could got free or 20 bucks the first week it came out by selling the preorder items

if you really needed games i would say

paper mario
pokemon conquest
3rd game ummmmmmmm that be a hard one
WOOOO I STINK