Election Day 2012: I Voted for Kodos

• Please log in to reply
443 replies to this topic

#1 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:39 PM

Welcome everyone to the end. The end of the world. The end of the United States of America. The end of days. The end of the 2012 electoral season...maybe. Today, November 6th, 2012, marks the final time will see such lovely advertisements on our televisions, newspapers, internet sites and other forms of media featuring "prominent" politicians. The two most notorious of these beings are none other than President Barack Hussein Obama and Former Massachusetts Governor Willard Mitt Romney.

Posted Image

WHAT'S AT STAKE?
- The Presidency of the United States of America
- 33 seats of the United States Senate
- 435 seats of the United States House of Representatives
- 11 State Governors

In a few short hours, people will begin to do what feels like the right thing to do in this country. And that's play Halo 4. Seriously, have you seen the graphics? THEY LOOK AMAZING! Wait, what? A political election? Alright. I guess that's important too. Once people vote, they will begin to proclaim how great it is to vote and how great their country is only to berate it a few hours later once they realize that their candidate was vanquished in an electoral landslide. Which side will you land on this time?

Make your Own Map
www.270towin.com
Here you can determine your own political map by method of clicking until your heart's content.

Edited by KingBroly, 06 November 2012 - 04:32 AM.

Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#2 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

22 of the 33 Senate seats up for grabs this time are expected to go to the incumbents. Regardless of which presidential candidate wins, they will have a tough time getting both parties to meet in the middle to get anything done.

#3 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

This is different from the 2012 election thread...how?
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#4 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

It isn't overrun by personal insults.

Yet. ;)

#5 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

This is specifically for Election Day and Election Day Coverage. I asked about it in the other thread and got no objection.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#6 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

It isn't? :lol:

We have 3 2012 election threads already. I don't think another one is going to kill us...now if we had another 2, that'd be another story.;)

Anywho, the title is disappointing.:cry:

#7 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

Go vote!

#8 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

It isn't overrun by personal insults.

Yet. ;)

Douchebag ;)

22 of the 33 Senate seats up for grabs this time are expected to go to the incumbents. Regardless of which presidential candidate wins, they will have a tough time getting both parties to meet in the middle to get anything done.

Srsly, they do meet in the middle to get stuff done. Granted, it's terrible things that are done, like the Patriot Act, NDAA, the Iraq War, etc., but hey, it's bipartisan, right?
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#9 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:05 AM

It isn't? :lol:

We have 3 2012 election threads already. I don't think another one is going to kill us...now if we had another 2, that'd be another story.;)

Anywho, the title is disappointing.:cry:

I'm apt to change if there are any suggestions.

I had a couple as a subtitle:
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Revenge, Rape and Republicans
- "Voting the Best Revenge"

But I couldn't help but think they'd be in bad taste or would go over people's heads.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#10 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:38 AM

Election Day 2012-I voted for Kodos.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#11 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:05 AM

Election Day 2012-I voted for Kodos.

LOLZ...I'm good with this.

#12 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

Done. Just in time too.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#13 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

Election Day 2012 - December 21st can't come soon enough.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#14 onikage

onikage

鬼の影

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

I'm going with:

Obama - 303
Romney - 235

#15 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:47 AM

Exclusive: Romney UP one point in Ohio and TIED in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, according to his campaign's internal polling

Internal campaign polling completed on Sunday night by campaign pollster Neil Newhouse has Romney three points up in New Hampshire, two points up in Iowa and dead level in Wisconsin. Most startlingly, the figures show Romney and Obama deadlocked in Pennsylvania.

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

#16 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:54 AM

Internal Campaign Polling is usually very good, assuming they're done right. In 04, I believe it was Kerry's internal team who forgot to do polling in rural Ohio, which is where Bush won the election. "Night of the Living Dead" is what I think it was called.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#17 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:12 AM

And what team Obama thinks about Pennsylvania and Wisconsin is apparent when you look at where Obama is making appearances and sending Bill Clinton.

#18 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:31 AM

Minnesota too. Although I have no idea why or how that state would be a battleground.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#19 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:31 AM

Another article with some background on Romney's pollster:
http://www.politico....1112/83288.html

Romney's speech at the final rally in Manchester, NH (which didn't seem to air in its entirety anywhere on TV even though Obama's did):

Edited by dafoomie, 06 November 2012 - 08:55 AM.

#20 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

Another article with some background on Romney's pollster:
http://www.politico....1112/83288.html

I'm sort of halfway not surprised that they didn't go out and specifically mention what these key differences in polling data were besides 'Independents for Romney.' That would've been informative.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#21 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

So I take it everyone here voted early to get extra sleep today?
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#22 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

Yes but I'm kind of regretting it, I could have used it as an excuse for coming into work late. Then again, standing in that line for hours.....shudder...
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#23 razrvamp

razrvamp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

Polls don't open here in nevada for a few more hours. Looking forward to exercising my god given rite as a american

#24 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

I didn't bother voting early as friends who did said the lines were long at the couple places around the city here. Figured lines will be shorter today with a ton of polling places going rather than just the handful of early voting locations.

Will head out in a bit, nice being able to walk to my polling place--though hoping the rain lets up.

#25 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

Early Voting for me this time was a lot easier than when I did it in 2004. That took me about 4 hours. This time it was 1. Now that was a mess.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#26 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

I am just hoping my brother in law stays away hunting one more day. Either way I don't want to be around him if Obama wins or losses. I know he will be too happy or too upset than is actually called for.

#27 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

I'm going with:

Obama - 303
Romney - 235

I just played around with one of those electoral college maps. Went conservative and gave Romney Florida and Virginia (really I think he just gets one of those two, most like FL) and that brings it to:

Obama- 290
Romney- 248

If Obama gets VA, then he jumps up to your prediction, and I think that's probably most likely.

#28 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

Nate Silver's analysis shows Romney has a < 10% chance of winning: http://fivethirtyeig...th-longer-odds/

Of course, you can cite one article from a British tabloid (what is it with conservatives and the Daily Mail? Is that a News Corp. property?) to show that Romney has a chance. But no reasonable person who looks at objective data and analysis is giving Romney much of a chance at all today.

I'm less sanguine about those prospects. Data show Obama has all the momentum he needs, all polls but Rasmussen (whose methodology oversamples Republicans and therefore has Romney ahead) point to Obama leading (a few, like Gallup's last poll, show ties).

But Romney might be able to win, and if he does, the name John Husted will, I guarantee you, be on the lips of every single American in coming months. Voting controversy in Ohio will be the only way Romney will win.
Posted Image

#29 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

Nate Silver's analysis shows Romney has a < 10% chance of winning: http://fivethirtyeig...th-longer-odds/

Of course, you can cite one article from a British tabloid (what is it with conservatives and the Daily Mail? Is that a News Corp. property?) to show that Romney has a chance. But no reasonable person who looks at objective data and analysis is giving Romney much of a chance at all today.

I'm less sanguine about those prospects. Data show Obama has all the momentum he needs, all polls but Rasmussen (whose methodology oversamples Republicans and therefore has Romney ahead) point to Obama leading (a few, like Gallup's last poll, show ties).

But Romney might be able to win, and if he does, the name John Husted will, I guarantee you, be on the lips of every single American in coming months. Voting controversy in Ohio will be the only way Romney will win.

That last paragraph is the only thing that really has be chomping at the bit today. Like I said before, the only thing that can really win it for Mittens is voter suppression and tampering. I really hope this doesn't come down to another Supreme Court decision.

#30 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

Vote Zod!

Oddly this was the easiest vote ever for me. I was in and out of the place in about 5 minutes.
Contact Friend Code - 1675-8841-8262
Tetris DS - 152435-004214
XBL - Nasum2