Photo
- - - - -

Looking for a good Razer mouse Recommendation

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 UnicornBang

UnicornBang

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

I am looking to invest in a nice Razer mouse. Or just a really good gaming mouse in general. I am not looking to spend a lot of money though. Any suggestions and experiences would be greatly appreciated.

#2 pacifickarma

pacifickarma

Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

How big are your hands? I bought a Razer Imperator and used it for all of 2 hours before deciding it was too bulky for my taste. (Wanna buy a barely-used Imperator?)

#3 UnicornBang

UnicornBang

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

Looking for a new mouse sorry. I don't think think I am worried about the bulk. More worried about a having a nice button layout and something that feels comfortable.

#4 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

Be careful about new razer mice. They recently started using some stupid cloud shit that saves your settings and if you aren't connected to the cloud servers, you can't use anything other than very basic mouse features. It's called Synapse 2.0.

#5 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

Be careful about new razer mice. They recently started using some stupid cloud shit that saves your settings and if you aren't connected to the cloud servers, you can't use anything other than very basic mouse features. It's called Synapse 2.0.

This is not completely true. Synapse 2.0 comes with an online profile where you can store marcos on without have to save it onto a USB drive or the likes. You do not need to be logged into this account for the product to work once you create a profile.

As always you can use legacy software with all Razer products.

http://penny-arcade....pying-on-you-no

http://arstechnica.c...o-the-internet/

#6 Scouter

Scouter

El Psy Kangaroo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

i really like my zowie mouse. i've used two steel series ones and broke them in a couple months due to hardcore clicking.

Friend code: 1091-7990-3911            

#7 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

I will always have a soft spot for the DeathAdder. Really solid mouse. However, I've stopped using Razer products due to their Synapse crap, as well as them getting cheaper and cheaper in terms of build quality. I've been using a G400 which is very similar to the old G5 and MX518 mice. I couldn't be happier.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#8 TTGSteve

TTGSteve

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

I have the DeathAdder and I enjoy it. I could definitely see where it may be too bulky for some, though. I have big hands, so I'm fine.

#9 Triggerhappy14

Triggerhappy14

Hey, what's going on?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

I have the Logitech G500 and I love it. Had to get it recently to replace my old Microsoft Sidewinder from like 5-6 years ago. I tried the Razer Deathadder and I hated it. The way I rest my hands on the mouse, I would constantly hit the button to change my profile and while it took a minute or 2 to change, the mouse was unusable and then I had to change back to get my settings back, meaning another 1 or 2 minute wait. I did this about 2-3 times a day, so I trashed it for the G500 which I love.

#10 Puffa469

Puffa469

is too Pro Shops

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

I use a R.A.T. 7 nowadays and I like it, but my favorite mouse of all time was/is the Microsoft Intellimouse Optical.

Originally Posted by wubb Posted Image
Puffa is pretty much always dead on.

#11 molson1138

molson1138

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

I love my deathadder but I wouldn't call it cheap. That being said I think it's worth the price.

#12 Kevfactor

Kevfactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

if you got big hands i recomend the rat 7 too

it's the best mouse i ever owned and it's great i can customize it how i want + have it looking cool hehe

#13 Leumas Krap

Leumas Krap

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:11 AM

there are some good logitechs out there too, but if your specifically looking for razer, try out the deathadder or the abysus. very simple mice that work very well. I am using the deathadder right now and its been working great and its been a year.

#14 TwelveVolt

TwelveVolt

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

Comfort in a mouse is a very personal thing. You need to hit a store like best buy where you can get a feel for what type/size of mouse you would prefer.