Photo
- - - - -

Forza Horizon (360) and Dead Island GOTY (360) back in stock as of now!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 mossfan563

mossfan563

CAG 'til I die!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

Forza Horizon - http://www.microsoft...uctID.258471400

*Dead Island GOTY - http://www.bestbuy.c...sland&lp=2&cp=1

*via in-store pickup

Edited by mossfan563, 24 November 2012 - 12:55 AM.

Posted Image

#2 DrBrianFields

DrBrianFields

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

Snagged Dead Island. Thanks pal!

#3 darrenaero

darrenaero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

Awesomeness. Just got Dead Island.

#4 PapaSmerf

PapaSmerf

Central Scrutinizer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

SON OF A....
I just got back from battling the crowds (parking was the worst) at BB for the last DI GOTY. This could have saved me a whole lot of trouble.

#5 whats_the_word

whats_the_word

That Broad!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

Thanks for heads up!

#6 mossfan563

mossfan563

CAG 'til I die!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

Be wary. I just got an email saying that in-store pickup was not available for Dead Island 5 minutes after I ordered it. Arguing with BB at the moment to see if I can still make it happen...
Posted Image

#7 PapaSmerf

PapaSmerf

Central Scrutinizer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

I found that the stock numbers were not matching up with what was available in store. The first store I stopped at had 30 on the system, but none on the floor or in back. So store pickup could indeed lead to more frustration.

They claimed the system was not keeping up with the rush on the stock this morning.

#8 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

Thanks op - pretty bummed i missed it.

This bf is turning out to be sweet, got bl2/dishonored and now di goty without having to freeze my culo with the rest of the cags.

UPDATE - GOT THE NO AVAILABLE EMAIL ON DEAD ISLAND.

#9 Thelorn

Thelorn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

Picked up Dead Island due to the heads up, waiting for the email to say its a go or a no. That was over 15 minutes ago. Thank you for heads up.

UPDATE - Just got email saying they got my order and working to get it ready. Suppose to get another email in the next 45mins saying to pick it up.

#10 mikejh74

mikejh74

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

I also received the first email saying that the store is getting ready to put my order together as well and I should expect a follow up email. Hear is hoping...

#11 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

Thank You OP ordered both.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#12 zer0sfx

zer0sfx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

Just came from my BB and they were stacked with copies of Dead Island GOTY. Yonkers, NY if anyone is interested.

#13 malfuncti0n

malfuncti0n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

i need 2 copies of dead island so i placed 2 separate orders. anybody ever do this before? have any issues?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 mossfan563

mossfan563

CAG 'til I die!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

They told me to wait 2 days to see if they change the order and let me pick it up....should I just cancel?
Posted Image

#15 malfuncti0n

malfuncti0n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

i need 2 copies of dead island so i placed 2 separate orders. anybody ever do this before? have any issues?

just got "item not in stock" for both
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 mikejh74

mikejh74

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

I received the email specifying that it was not available at the store. I had to call 1888BESTBUY and it is now available to be shipped free of charge to my house. It did take a long time but the customer service agent was able to make the changes to have it shipped directly to my house. I also got an email saying that it has shipped.

#17 gamer4201

gamer4201

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

Is Dead Island a good game? It's cheap but my backlog is deep....

#18 Thelorn

Thelorn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

Got another email after saying the were getting my pick up item ready saying item not available. Going to try calling the number and see if I can get shipped to house free.

#19 Hakudoshi

Hakudoshi

20% Cooler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

I bought the PC version on steam when it was on sale a few weeks ago... In my personal opinion the game is absolutely terrible, and I had buyers remorse after a few hours of playing it.

The map system is VERY bad and confusing. It's really hard to know where you are going from my experience with it. I ended up wandering around aimlessly until just randomly bumping into objectives or more side quests only to be confused to where they wanted me to go.

The weapons in the game are plentiful but feel like they are made out of paper towel tubes, constantly breaking.

This may be only a PC issue, but the interface for inventory and skills and such is REALLY bad and hard to navigate. The mouse sensitivity would change all by itself between screens and the game itself. In the menu it was really slow and I had to turn my mouse sensitivity way up to navigate it, then back down to play the game.

So from my personal experience with the game, no, it's NOT good. I wouldn't pay 2.99 for the PC version or even .99 cents. Maybe the console version is better, but Dead Island left a really bad first impression and I am likely never to pick it up again.
Rainbow Dash - Applejack - Twilight Sparkle - Fluttershy - Pinkie Pie - Rarity - Celestia - Luna - Derpy Hooves - Vinyl Scratch - Lyra Heartstrings

#20 mossfan563

mossfan563

CAG 'til I die!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

They told me to wait 2 days to see if they change the order and let me pick it up....should I just cancel?

Now that you guys said that it's being able to be shipped to my house...should I call again? or should I wait the 2 days?
Posted Image

#21 mikejh74

mikejh74

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

If you have some time to spend on hold, I would call as it seems that this title is coming in and out of stock.

#22 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

Co-op yes. But if you're only playing alone, it's not worth it.

#23 Ribbercage

Ribbercage

BEST GAME OF ALL TIME !

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

Got Forza!! Thanks so much for the post! Much appreciated my friend! I missed this at Amazon and didn't wanna fight the crowd at Walmart. You made my day :)

#24 Thelorn

Thelorn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

Fun times with best buy CS. I waited for 25mins until someone finally helped me only to have her instantly hang up on me. So I called back and got to wait this time 30mins only to be told his systems were down and call back in a hour. I"ll check the physical store when I'm by it later, either way I cancelled my order no way I'm calling them back.

#25 malfuncti0n

malfuncti0n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

yea, best buy's systems are down atm
Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 mossfan563

mossfan563

CAG 'til I die!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

So I found out that getting it shipped to my house adds another $5 to my total making it $14! that's near twice the price with tax and shipping! no thanks! the lady told me that the last one in the bronx was being shipped to me....they can have it...
Posted Image

#27 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

so with forza(always wanted to try one of the forza games im like the only xbox owner that hasnt lol) my shopping is done till next year lol.

#28 venturin

venturin

SalmonChantedEvening

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

Just ordered Forza. Thanks OP!
Posted Image

#29 mossfan563

mossfan563

CAG 'til I die!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

Dead Island's back in stock via in-store pickup but it's now very YMMV.
Posted Image

#30 whats_the_word

whats_the_word

That Broad!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

Update: received 2nd email stating that it was out of stock @ the store of my choice...my preferred BBy was out (I went there earlier) so I called & got free shipping to my house..

ETA Dec 11- 24, no rush since I have plenty other games to keep me busy..