Photo
- - - - -

Surface Pro priced at $899 for 64GB and $999 for 128GB (Includes stylus, no keyboard)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

what do you guys think?

i personally bought the acer w510 this past monday when it was discounted on the microsoft online store by $100 (total with tax and $0 shipping was $433)

when i read about the announced price for the surface pro today, i thought of perhaps reselling the w510 i bought (which will arrive either Saturday or next Monday), since win 8 tablets are hard to come by... and just wait for the surface pro until January.

but then i changed my mind, and im going to keep my tablet. i wont use it any different from how i use my desktop PC. i wont play games, so ill be fine with the w510.

well i also changed my mind cuz im broke :roll:

but thats a different story har harrr

#2 BigPopov

BigPopov

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:12 AM

I'll probably get one

But I'm at IT consultant and power user. Most people (non gamers) would be fine with one of the cheaper tablets running Win 8 with the Atom CPUs that Dell and others have out now.

#3 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

Can the surface run current games at low settings though?

I did take gaming into conssideration, but I was afraid that the surface will get hot and that the framerate will suffer

#4 BigPopov

BigPopov

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

It's a Core i5 processor, so I assume it's going to be the ULV, like the 3371U CPU (which uses the Intel HD 4000 GPU chipset)

I think it's safe to say that it'll run current games on at least low settings. It's not built to be a powerhouse though, or gaming for that matter.

#5 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

if thats the case... imagine the tablets next year or even the next 2 years

#6 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

For that much they need to include the damn keyboard, otherwise I'd just buy a laptop. Plus they still need to work out some issues with that Office "preview".
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#7 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

:rofl:
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#8 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

Yeah this is ridiculous. They want to beat Apple, at at those prices, no way in hell. It has even worse battery life, even if it built like an Ultrabook.

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#9 BigPopov

BigPopov

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

If you can't tell the difference between a laptop and a tablet then you're probably not the target demographic (which is quite large, BTW.)

People have been bashing tablets for awile now but they show no signs of letting up or being a fad.

#10 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:04 AM

If you can't tell the difference between a laptop and a tablet then you're probably not the target demographic (which is quite large, BTW.)

People have been bashing tablets for awile now but they show no signs of letting up or being a fad.

No one is going to pay $900-1000 for one.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#11 soulvengeance

soulvengeance

Beating dead horses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

No one is going to pay $900-1000 for one.

I think some people will, if they just want a tablet that is competitive with the Ipad, they would opt for the Surface RT model.
mytradelist:
http://www.cheapassg...864#post2614864

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.