• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

http://www.ricedigit...bsolutely-free/

If, over the next seven days, Eryi’s Action gains 1000 votes and favourites, Nyu Media will release 1000 codes to us to share with you via our Facebook and Twitter pages. If you want one, you’ll have to keep an eye on our pages for updates as they’ll be distributed on a first come first serve basis. You really can’t say fairer than that can you!

Worth a vote, still have to hound their pages later.

Edited by Smashbro29, 05 December 2012 - 09:05 PM.

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#2 laur3ntziu00

laur3ntziu00

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

thanks!

#3 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

So if you get 1000 votes you will release a list of codes to facebook and twitter?

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

Requires being able to access Steam Greenlight to vote.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#5 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

Looks vaguely anime.

I'll pass.

#6 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

Not really free. I hate that devs are begging for votes like this

#7 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Doing a quick google image search, it makes me wonder why only 1000 copies are free. By my admittedly premature looks at it via screenshots, it seems like it should be free to all.
"Common sense isn't that common anymore..."

#8 callmewoof

callmewoof

Really, call me Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Not really free. I hate that devs are begging for votes like this

Not really any different than an Ipod App that goes free for the first week so people will play it, write reviews, vote for it, and then they can sell it better. I don't see anything wrong with a giveaway like this.
Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Posted Image

#9 Wario64

Wario64

• Forum Moderator

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

Not really any different than an Ipod App that goes free for the first week so people will play it, write reviews, vote for it, and then they can sell it better. I don't see anything wrong with a giveaway like this.

Except a review is not required for free iOS apps, not sure how that is a comparison

Can I download this game on Steam right now?

#10 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

Judging from the Greenlight trailer, the game sure does seem hard, but not necessarily good. It's less polished than Doc Clock in terms of visuals. Some of these things look like they were straight copied from Final Fantasy or Super Mario Bros. I wouldn't pay $5 for it normally. I guess the amount of content it has will determine whether it makes it to Steam or stays on Newgrounds.

#11 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

I voted, why not..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#12 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

I voted yes, but doubtful we'll get keys, they'll probably be leeched.
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#13 vincentguariglia

vincentguariglia

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

I also voted, lets see if they forget about us.

#14 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

So if you get 1000 votes you will release a list of codes to facebook and twitter?

I think this setup sucks. Basically it's a free for all and there is no guarantee the people who vote now (or have voted previously) will get any codes unless they are in the right place at the right time on Facebook.

For the record I already voted and favorited this game on Greenlight a while back when it first got posted.

#15 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

I admit. This was selfish of me. I just want the free game. Good? Not good? FREE. So if I already upvoted I want as many people as possible upvoting. Did I mention I like free yet?

#16 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

I admit. This was selfish of me. I just want the free game. Good? Not good? FREE. So if I already upvoted I want as many people as possible upvoting. Did I mention I like free yet?

You need to clarify in the OP how this works. You make it sound like the first 1000 people who vote will get a code which is NOT the case.

#17 groz24

groz24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

It looks like a fun game, but I probably won't be lucky enough to grab a key with work and all, and not being able to access the codes or input them during work. Oh well, still upvoted it.

#18 ocean almighty

ocean almighty

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

The game is going to be in next week's Indiefort Oxygen (Countdown) Bundle.

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=109421359

#19 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

But no Desura key. :cry:

#20 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

You need to clarify in the OP how this works. You make it sound like the first 1000 people who vote will get a code which is NOT the case.

Done.

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#21 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

I think this setup sucks. Basically it's a free for all and there is no guarantee the people who vote now (or have voted previously) will get any codes unless they are in the right place at the right time on Facebook.

For the record I already voted and favorited this game on Greenlight a while back when it first got posted.

I agree. I also voted/favorited it when it was first posted. I wish they'd have done something similar to what the mcpixel guy did. He had a Pay What You Want scheme which has a high success rate of getting your game greenlit. I'd rather pay a dollar or so rather than miss out when they post 1,000 keys randomly on facebook/twitter.

#22 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

I knew the title sounded familiar.

#23 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

Code drops aren't deals. I would still be happy to see them but future code drops are even less dealish.

#24 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

Code drops aren't deals. I would still be happy to see them but future code drops are even less dealish.

I jumped the gun and posted thinking people would personally get a code.

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#25 Wario64

Wario64

• Forum Moderator

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

I'm gonna bet you that they don't even release the codes to begin with, even if it gets the votes

#26 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

Requires being able to access Steam Greenlight to vote.

So, that's pretty much everybody, right?

#27 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:04 AM

I'm gonna bet you that they don't even release the codes to begin with, even if it gets the votes

As long as they don't post a lie about how the codes were ready but their apartment got broken into and all the codes got stolen along with all their electronics and Steam account and they will try to talk to Gmail or Steam about replacing the stolen codes since they didn't send them with any signature requirement and left them in the middle of the apartment in a non-secure location.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#28 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

As long as they don't post a lie about how the codes were ready but their apartment got broken into and all the codes got stolen along with all their electronics and Steam account and they will try to talk to Gmail or Steam about replacing the stolen codes since they didn't send them with any signature requirement and left them in the middle of the apartment in a non-secure location.

*snig...err, sniCKers*

#29 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

Well, I got a code last night. Next batch is supposed to come tomorrow 5PM GMT

#30 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

You got a Code? A code for what? The game hasn't been greelighted yet.

At least, there's no indication that it has been greenlighred on the greelight page. http://steamcommunit...ls/?id=92915524