Atlus Reprinting Etrian Odyssey I II and III

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

So looks like Atlus is doing a short repring on the Etrian Odyssey series of games for the DS in anticipation of the upcoming release of IV. Pretty neat of them. They'll be going for $30 bucks each which is way better than the price on the resale market. The cool thing is if you preorder them you get them for $25 each.

I think i actually have all of them except for the first. I need to go through my collection and check, but figured you guys may want to know for those who were missing one or who want the whole series for the discount price.

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=503271

http://www.blistered...logy-available/
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#2 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

That is good news. I've been able to find used copies of 2 and 3 for around $25, but I could never get my hands on the first game at a reasonable price. Thanks for the post, kenshin; I'll definitely get the first one at the discount price.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#3 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

Welcome. Ya i need to dig through my collection to see if i DO have I or not. I THINK i picked it up on ebay years ago but didn't see it in any of my piles.

Hell, it might be worth it to just go ahead and buy the triple pack for the hell of it. I know i have a couple copies of III. One still in the Amazon package it came in with the artbook. Im damn sure i have II but cant find it at the moment either. I is the only one i dont think i ever got.

Now if i can only find a manual for My World My Way.. stupid niche rpgs
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#4 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

Thanks Kenshin, this is actually fantastic.

Any idea if other places will be having that preorder bundle or do I have to go through VGP?

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#5 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:55 AM

$10 for shipping kinda hurts, but to get all 3 games in a bundle like this is worth it!

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Azure Striker Gunvolt, :360: N/A, :ps3: N/A, :ps4: Diablo 3, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#6 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

No other news on where else to get it that i could find yet. I actually find it odd that i didnt' really see an announcement for this on Atlus's site. Im personally waiting a bit for more info since im not really familiar with VGP myself. Id much rather just go straight through Atlus or something for it. Im also curious if the triple pack will maybe have a slip cover or something unique. Im just looking for an extra little nudge to justify re buying III and possibly II
\-Clicky Here-\

#7 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

I didn't even know they were out of print. I bought all of them for relatively cheap way back then for $10-15.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#8 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

so they are not even for sale yet .... this is why im not buying part 4..... you never see games hold their vaules anymore

crap was thinking of selling my 3 used and keeping 3 sealed but they are not even worth 30 each
WOOOO I STINK

#9 M47R1X

M47R1X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

Thanks, OP, but I'll wait until either Atlus announces it officially on their site/FB page or until it's available in the states. Importing from Canada isn't bad, but it's still importing.

#10 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

No other news on where else to get it that i could find yet. I actually find it odd that i didnt' really see an announcement for this on Atlus's site. Im personally waiting a bit for more info since im not really familiar with VGP myself. Id much rather just go straight through Atlus or something for it. Im also curious if the triple pack will maybe have a slip cover or something unique. Im just looking for an extra little nudge to justify re buying III and possibly II

Atlus closed their online store a while back. VGP is one of their partners since it always appear in their link.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#11 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

Likely will get 1 and 2, already have 3. Cant find those 2 at any Gamestops near me
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:22 AM

Great news! I am missing the first two, but I've played the third game for about 5 minutes and I didn't really like it much, but I think I'll give it another shot.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#13 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

I am glad they are. I somehow am missing Etrian II in my collection when I thought I had it this whole time.

#14 vherub

vherub

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

If only the nintendo eshop actually sold content like this

#15 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

Wow, great news! Thanks for passing the word along. :)

#16 jedimario

jedimario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

Are there any codes for shipping? Is the re-release limited to only this one store or will other retailers like Amazon, Gamestop, etc get it?

#17 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

I wonder if their "limited quantities" actually mean anything. I mean, the PS2 SMT reprints were supposedly limited but... well, we all know how limited those were.

I don't even know why I buy Atlus games at launch anymore. They just reprint them later and they become cheaper.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#18 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

I wonder if their "limited quantities" actually mean anything. I mean, the PS2 SMT reprints were supposedly limited but... well, we all know how limited those were.

I don't even know why I buy Atlus games at launch anymore. They just reprint them later and they become cheaper.

Well thats a DVD and cost a lot less to make than a DS cart. Radiant Historia is sold out after reprint. Plus it is not really cheaper at $29.99, since thats the launch price.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#19 GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX

Finish Him!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

when did these games become rare cuz ive had Etrian Odyssey I and II since forever. didnt even know they made a 3. lol

XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
Currently Playing

:xb1: Dead Rising 3

:ps3: The Last of Us
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Kirby Triple Deluxe

#20 phogoodness

phogoodness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

Thanks for the info. I've been looking for Etrian Odyssey 1 for years, but always found the price ridiculously expensive. I'll be sure to pick one up, though this goes to show that games today won't ever have the collector's value that games used to have. I guess I'm ok with that though.

#21 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

when did these games become rare cuz ive had Etrian Odyssey I and II since forever. didnt even know they made a 3. lol

Etrian Odyssey 4 hits in a couple of months.

#22 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

So glad I unloaded my copies of 1-3 on ebay for $150 :D

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#23 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

Is there an actual link to pre order yet? All I can find is that picture. I want to throw my monies at them now

#24 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

Is there an actual link to pre order yet? All I can find is that picture. I want to throw my monies at them now

https://www.videogam...oducts_id=20586

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#25 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

Will this not be sold in America? As much I love Canada, not really huge on importing and paying a bunch for shipping...

#26 feeter277

feeter277

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

Will this not be sold in America? As much I love Canada, not really huge on importing and paying a bunch for shipping...

Just ordered all three and shipping was $10 not that great but for three games not horrific either

#27 Jrittmayer

Jrittmayer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

So we can ONLY buy them through VGP???

#28 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

Well thats a DVD and cost a lot less to make than a DS cart. Radiant Historia is sold out after reprint. Plus it is not really cheaper at $29.99, since thats the launch price.

That is a good point.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#29 Frahps

Frahps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

so they are not even for sale yet .... this is why im not buying part 4..... you never see games hold their vaules anymore

crap was thinking of selling my 3 used and keeping 3 sealed but they are not even worth 30 each

Well that's dumb, you don't even know what WILL be reprinted, and there are tons of games that never have, and never will get a reprint. It's a gamble to buy now and hope that it won't go down in price later, or to NOT buy now, and find out that it will be rare and expensive later on.

I, however, actually buy these games to play. I'd rather more people have the chance to buy them at low prices and want to actually play them, than sympathize with people who buy them only to make money later with.

#30 SKEETER

SKEETER

YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

Are there any codes for shipping? Is the re-release limited to only this one store or will other retailers like Amazon, Gamestop, etc get it?

This...

...and this!

Wii U ID: SKEETER
3DS Friend Code: 2707-1609-8783 (don't forget to PM me to add you too!)

laytonobj50%