cubeenigma

Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

Trine 2 Directors Cut for $15.99 till 1/7
Little Inferno $9.99 till 1/4
Chasing Aurora $7.49 till 1/3

Source eShop.

I might be off on the prices a bit since my game pad died when I just saw prices but it's about right.

And remember each game nets you points for the Deluxe Digital Promo if you were a Deluxe purchaser

Edited by cubeenigma, 20 December 2012 - 06:14 PM.

#2 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

$16 for Trine is a sale price?

I just paid $15 for Little Inferno the other day. Game was not worth $15.

#3 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

I'm still not entirely sure what Little Inferno or Chasing Aurora are, but I'll gladly pick up Trine for $16.

#4 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

Woo! I'll grab Little Inferno and Chasing Aurora.

#5 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

whoa, trine is like 400 points on xbox live but i do want to play on the gamepad and you can on the e-shop version of trine

hmmmmm what to do,

#6 Big St3ph3n

Big St3ph3n

Strange MUSIC!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

just bought trine 2 on xbox for 5 bucks!

def wanna try little inferno out!

Edited: cause I'm dumb. :P

Edited by Big St3ph3n, 20 December 2012 - 07:59 PM.

#7 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

That's Trine 2 actually...

#8 cubeenigma

cubeenigma

Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

That's Trine 2 actually...

:| Changed just for you!

and Trine 2 is a great looking game with an update coming out soon

#9 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

Dang, just paid $20 for Trine 2 on the e-shop the other day.

However, this is a GREAT SIGN for Wii-U owners, since, unless I'm very mistaken, Wii VC/Wii Shop titles never went on sale?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

:| Changed just for you!

and Trine 2 is a great looking game with an update coming out soon

The only reason I figured it was worth mentioning was because I thought the comments were confusing this for Trine 1 as being on sale on Xbox but apparently Trine 2 is on sale on Xbox as well. This is director's cut like you mentioned, but still an $11 premium is a bit much...

#11 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

Fuck, and I bought Little Inferno and Chasing Aurora yesterday.

#12 MykonosFan

MykonosFan

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

However, this is a GREAT SIGN for Wii-U owners, since, unless I'm very mistaken, Wii VC/Wii Shop titles never went on sale?

I can't remember them ever going on sale, so yeah, this is good.

#13 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

With the WIii U the publishers have the right to set the pricing, so we could even see Steam level sales on the eShop.

#14 BNoyes

BNoyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

Yikes. A few months ago I got Trine, Trine 2, and the Trine 2 DLC on Steam for about $5 total. It's weird to see $15.99 as a sale price for just Trine 2.

#15 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

I believe Sega had a sale on the Wii shop once, but that was it.

#16 pscloud

pscloud

I'm just sayin'...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

Are those the only sale items? I'm looking to get Mighty Switch Force...

#17 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

Yikes. A few months ago I got Trine, Trine 2, and the Trine 2 DLC on Steam for about $5 total. It's weird to see $15.99 as a sale price for just Trine 2.

I am pretty sure it has the Goblin DLC just not Trine 1.

#18 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

Meh, I'll take 20% off over nothing at all.

I don't play PC games so I tend to not compare Steam sales to anything else.

#19 Cheapskate

Cheapskate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

Wow, the eShop charges tax on purchases? Was totally unaware of this until I bought Little Inferno just now.

#20 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

Wow, the eShop charges tax on purchases? Was totally unaware of this until I bought Little Inferno just now.

Depends on the state you reside in. California doesn't tax digital purchases but states like Texas, and Tennessee does.

#21 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

The PlayStation Store does this as well. Microsoft manages to avoid this because you're making purchases with points, but the points are taxed when they're first purchased.

#22 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

$16 for Trine is a sale price?

I just paid $15 for Little Inferno the other day. Game was not worth $15.

Little Inferno is better than most games priced at $30. And Trine is expensive because not only is it the Director's Cut with lots of extra content, it is the BEST LOOKING VERSION of all the consoles, and the GamePad gives much better play control for the game. Look at the Eurogamer face-off if you don't believe me.

#23 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

Good to see the sale, not digging the prices though. Especially with tax added onto it. Still tempted to grab Trine 2, shame there's no demo.
Posted Image

#24 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

The PlayStation Store does this as well. Microsoft manages to avoid this because you're making purchases with points, but the points are taxed when they're first purchased.

Points aren't always taxed.

#25 UjnHunter

UjnHunter

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Buyer beware on the Wii U eShop... your purchases have really strict DRM that tie to 1 Console and 1 Console only... not to your "Account". I know I won't be buying anything from Nintendo's eShop until they fix their DRM scheme. If your Wii U breaks or gets stolen... you won't get your Digital Games back unless you pay Nintendo more $$$ to fix your Wii U and you're totally SOL if it's stolen.
-Ujn Hunter
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
PS3: Dead Or Alive 5
PSP Vita: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Wii U: Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
iOS: After Burner Climax

#26 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

nintendo allowed a sale on its proprietary platform!?!

#27 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

Buyer beware on the Wii U eShop... your purchases have really strict DRM that tie to 1 Console and 1 Console only... not to your "Account". I know I won't be buying anything from Nintendo's eShop until they fix their DRM scheme. If your Wii U breaks or gets stolen... you won't get your Digital Games back unless you pay Nintendo more $$$ to fix your Wii U and you're totally SOL if it's stolen.

Yeah I really hate their DRM scheme. Do you guys think they will ever have a system like Xbox or PS3 that ties to your account and can be re-downloaded in the future?
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#28 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

Yeah I really hate their DRM scheme. Do you guys think they will ever have a system like Xbox or PS3 that ties to your account and can be re-downloaded in the future?

I seriously hope so and I have to believe they will if they want to follow through on trying to capture the home entertainment hub market they so covet.

Of course, I have the same opinion of their current trophy/achievement position. If they want to stay competitive with Sony and Microsoft and be inviting to third parties they need to adopt what has become established as industry standards.

#29 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

I seriously hope so and I have to believe they will if they want to follow through on trying to capture the home entertainment hub market they so covet.

Of course, I have the same opinion of their current trophy/achievement position. If they want to stay competitive with Sony and Microsoft and be inviting to third parties they need to adopt what has become established as industry standards.

I really hope so. I was sad when I got my 3DS stolen and I lost all my ambassador deal games and some club nintendo games. It'll be great to download them all again and only have them sync up with my club nintendo account somehow and have them to be able to re-download for my new 3DS. The only downside to this is that the stolen 3DS still have the games, but maybe make them playable only by using Wi-Fi, but then again, that will make other customers frustrated.
Who knows, but once they have a similar system to Xbox and PS3, I know they will get a lot more business from me as I'm running out of room for my collection.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#30 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

By not requiring achievements, they are being inviting to third-parties. Despite how inviting they may be to the gamers themselves, many publishers (EA is a big one) just see it as another platform mandate that increases development costs.

I keep hearing that there is a global or account-based achievement system, but it's either in a very different format (like the "x99" badge you see when using Miiverse) or nobody's really used it yet because it's optional.