The Official Craigslist Finds Thread Vol. 2

• Please log in to reply
658 replies to this topic

#1 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

The original thread already reached over 240+ pages. Not to mention that it was five years old. Feel free to post your cool/satisfying findings.

In Midtown there's a guy selling a white Japanese Sega Saturn with a bunch of Capcom fighting games, including the best console version of X-Men vs. Street Fighter and some other games like Darkstalker. The asking price is $200, and he came down from $450 last week. I soo want this, but dammit that I have no funds for it. http://newyork.craig...3486168145.html

Batsugunner.png

#2 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

Since this puppy has been sitting stagnant for a couple of weeks now, I'll try to get it started again....

No picture, but picked up a like new HTC One X smartphone the other day for $160 cash on Craigslist. These things go for $250 normally, or $250-$300+ on eBay. I've been watching a ton of them lately, and just so happened to see this one listed and pounced on it. Lady was selling it due to AT&T duping her on some bogus warranty charges. Phone is in flawless condition, aside from a small scratch on the glass that's barely noticeable.

Turned around and sold my old phone today, a Samsung Captivate w/ 4 batteries, 2 chargers and 2 cases for $150 cash, so essentially I paid $10 in the tradeoff/"upgrade".

#3 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

Nothing gaming related but I picked up a black Jawbone Jambox for just $40 yesterday. WOW this speaker is amazing for its size.

ITS%20DAT%20DAM%20KID.png

#4 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

ad is down now but I got a like new PS2 slim with all wires 2 controllers a memory card and a bunch of PS1 & PS2 games including FFVII, Tomb Raider II, Kingdom Hearts, Godzilla Unleashed, and Crash Bandicoot all for $45

Gator%20Deve%2086.jpg

Currently Playing:

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8

#5 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

Got these Gamecube games for $60. Sadly they are not in great shape but they all work. Some include a manual. Probably going to keep Paper Mario and sell everything else. I have several of these games already.

Posted Image

#6 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Got these Gamecube games for $60. Sadly they are not in great shape but they all work. Some include a manual. Probably going to keep Paper Mario and sell everything else. I have several of these games already.

Posted Image

Awesome score, congrats. Are any of them sealed? It looks like at least Mario Party 5 is sealed.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#7 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

Awesome score, congrats. Are any of them sealed? It looks like at least Mario Party 5 is sealed.

None of them are sealed. I think there was a thin rip on the side of Mario Party 5 that makes it look sealed.

#8 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Posted Image
Picked up this lot the other day for $30. Already sold the GTA collection on Amazon for 55.

Posted Image

#9 RPGamer246

RPGamer246

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

Spoiler

got the bioshock collectors edition for $45 today! sorry the photo is rather huge and idk how to resize

#10 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

Spoiler

Picked up this lot the other day for $30. Already sold the GTA collection on Amazon for 55.

I had no idea the GTA Collection was worth anything. There's one sitting at my local Walmart collecting dust.

#11 NiiNJA

NiiNJA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

I had no idea the GTA Collection was worth anything. There's one sitting at my local Walmart collecting dust.

i assume your walmart has a ps2 copy for 20 bucks like mine does (along with a bunch of other garbage ps2 games at the same price lol..) which isn't very valuable. it's the xbox version that's worth a lot.

#12 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

i picked up an original xbox (with official xbox bag) with 27 games and two wireless controllers for $10 and a PS2 memory card

games:
Spoiler

#13 Danil ACE

Danil ACE

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

^That's a steal. Just an original Xbox for $10 is a solid deal. The wireless controllers (assuming they are the Logitech wireless) go for $20-30.

Here's my contribution to the thread. I found a guy on Craigslist selling Steel Battalion. When I met up with him, he threw in 9 additional games for free (as well as an Xbox power cable, and standard AV cable). I think that the cables were an accident, probably got tangled up with the SB controller wires. The Halo box actually has a Halo 2 disc inside (would have preferred Halo 1 since I already have a mint Halo 2).

Paid $50 for everything below:

Posted Image

#14 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

Really cool deal. I wonder what makes the xbox power cord so special? I thought it was just a standard power cord, useable on PCs, Dreamcasts, Saturns, etc.

Batsugunner.png

#15 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:55 AM

Posted Image

For $60 I picked up a non-HDMI 360 with 2 wireless controllers and GTAIV. Everything works so far.
This 360 hasn't been updated since 2.0.9199 lol.

Unfortunately is smells BAD. The owner was a smoker. ****ing hate it when I buy stuff that smells like tobacco. Probably going to sell it.

#16 robwhois

robwhois

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

^That's a steal. Just an original Xbox for $10 is a solid deal. The wireless controllers (assuming they are the Logitech wireless) go for $20-30.

Here's my contribution to the thread. I found a guy on Craigslist selling Steel Battalion. When I met up with him, he threw in 9 additional games for free (as well as an Xbox power cable, and standard AV cable). I think that the cables were an accident, probably got tangled up with the SB controller wires. The Halo box actually has a Halo 2 disc inside (would have preferred Halo 1 since I already have a mint Halo 2).

Paid $50 for everything below:

Posted Image

steel battalion nice, always wanted to play that game

#17 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

Got a Gamecube with two official controllers today for $20. It's missing that second video port, and it came with two complete games, one a Sims 2. I don't really care about the games, but I'm happy with this purchase since I was looking for an extra system recently.

Batsugunner.png

#18 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

SHAAAQQ FUUUU. I would pay $75 just for the stick. http://newyork.craig...3561519386.html

If you're near Westbury, Long Island and you're interested in a Dreamcast and its arcade stick. This could be a very nice buy.

Batsugunner.png

#19 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

SHAAAQQ FUUUU. I would pay $75 just for the stick. http://newyork.craig...3561519386.html

If you're near Westbury, Long Island and you're interested in a Dreamcast and its arcade stick. This could be a very nice buy.

Wow. Maybe ask if he'd be willing to deal through eBay and ship it out? If you're that interested in the stick, at least offer to pay the fees and such. ;)
MLIFTgM.gif

#20 chefgamer

chefgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

Street Fighter II Turbo
Pilotwings
RPM (Radical Psycho Machine Racing)
Mario Paint
Super Mario World
Prince of Persia
Mortal Kombat III
C2: Judgement Clay
NBA Jam
Final Fight
WWF: Raw
Shadowrun
Mortal Kombat II
Megaman X 3
Donkey Kong Country
Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time
Killer Instinct

With system( some yellowing) 2 controllers and all the cords. paid $70 a little more than i planed

#21 Danil ACE

Danil ACE

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

Really cool deal. I wonder what makes the xbox power cord so special? I thought it was just a standard power cord, useable on PCs, Dreamcasts, Saturns, etc.

Nothing special about the Xbox power cord, but it was tangled with the Xbox AV cables, so that's how I know it was used with an Xbox.

#22 evuong

evuong

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

Had to drive 30 mins to get this lot, but I thought it was well worth it. Paid $40 for everything.. Probably going to keep the box and the storage container, and sell everything else. This guy had original manuals/paperwork for everything including the console!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

Posted Image
Everything (except the game) for $65. Trying to flip it back to CL for ~100, if I can't by the end of the week I'll just take $100 in GS credit using the bonus trade-in value for consoles right now.

Posted Image

#24 kewlrabbit

kewlrabbit

Bringing Kewl Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:43 AM

Posted my old Xbox 360 on Craigslist that won't read discs anymore and didn't have a controller for $35. Guy e-mailed asking if I would take trades and ended up trading it for a Nintendo 64 w/expansion pak and 2 games- Starfox 64 and Conkers Bad Fur Day. I already have Conker so I can flip it online for twice what I was asking for.

#25 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

picked up a 120gb slim ps3 with 2 controllers for 150

#26 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

Got this for $65 on CL. Trying to flip it back or trade to GS for the Fire Emblem 3DS.
Posted Image
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#27 Kranekinjar

Kranekinjar

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

She was asking $120 but I brought her down to $80.00.

http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=29338

#28 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Germany 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

Picked up

Skate 2
Kingdom of Amalur
Xcom Enemy Unknown
Borderlands 2

all 360, all like new, all for 50 bucks.

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Trading 360 Games for PS3 Versions/Other PS3 Games

#29 3GSid

3GSid

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

To do or not to do.

I have an oppurtunity to get a Super Nintendo bundle for around $75, but I'm not too sure if I should take it or not.

The lot itself includes a Super Nintendo (That isn't yellowed at all and works fine) with hookups and an original controller all in good shape.

It also comes with Super Mario World, Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back ,SimEarth: The Living Planet, Rival Turf, Lethal Weapon, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, X-men Mutant Apocalyspe, Gunforce, Total Carnage, Gradius 3 ,and Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2. (And all of them do work).

I really could use a new system as the one I have now, although it works fine, it ain't exactly a pretty site with the yellowing on it.

Do you guys think that's a good deal?

My Completed Anime List

http://myanimelist.n...tatus=2&order=4                      

Want 20% off brand new games? I can help you! Check my thread for details!

http://www.cheapassg...ion-animemanga/

#30 GoldFly

GoldFly

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

I would go for it. You can easily sell your yellowed one for around $60 on Amazon. Then the games are worth the difference and if you sell the ones you already have copies of (if that's the case) you'll definitely make your money back.