• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 DeSquared

DeSquared

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

http://www.goozex.co...ms/t/72233.aspx

GOOZEX.com is offering FREE trades on all games and movies December 22-January 6. No $1.99 tokens are required during the promotion.

The site is under new ownership so they're trying to get more action over there. Always seemed to be a WAY better deal than Gamestop, and better than Amazon for older games.

If any CAGers have some points they're looking to liquidate, you've been told..... :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

#2 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:23 AM

CAG trading is free all the time.

uc.png

#3 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:39 AM

http://www.goozex.co...ms/t/72233.aspx

GOOZEX.com is offering FREE trades on all games and movies December 22-January 6. No $1.99 tokens are required during the promotion.

The site is under new ownership so they're trying to get more action over there. Always seemed to be a WAY better deal than Gamestop, and better than Amazon for older games.

If any CAGers have some points they're looking to liquidate, you've been told..... :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

I'll dump my points for dvds. At least I can use the dvds towards BBYs U&S program. I will be happy to be rid of that site.

Trade List Games & DLC

#4 DeSquared

DeSquared

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

Goozex is a site where you trade games in for points. To 'cash in' your points and receive a game, you need Tokens, hence the promo....

New releases are 1000 points, and older popular titles (Halo 3, Metal Gear Solid 4) are 300-400, shovelware and stuff everybody has already (RockBand) go for 100-200.

Used to use it a lot and its pretty good if you don't mind playing games a few months after release. Good way to get value out of older titles versus the $1.50 they **might** give you at Gamestop.

Not for everybody, but if you have a closet full of old games you're not playing check it out.... A pretty trustworthy community over there.

#5 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

If this is what the new owners think will bring the site back from the brink of death... I just hope they have more tricks in their hat.

16Z462z.jpg

#6 ThisHnmdsmeDevil

ThisHnmdsmeDevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

i'll dump my points for dvds. At least i can use the dvds towards bbys u&s program. I will be happy to be rid of that site.

this

#7 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

The whole token thing is the reason i never traded at Goozex to begin with.

sixteenvolt420.png

#8 Maskim

Maskim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

Meh.
Gooz is so far gone that free trades aren't going to help.
Posted Image

#9 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

Have almost 3k points but never could get anything I wanted. Here's hoping that I'll be able to pickup some anime DVDs.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 DeSquared

DeSquared

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:13 AM

Have almost 3k points but never could get anything I wanted. Here's hoping that I'll be able to pickup some anime DVDs.

Same boat. I have 4k and turned everything in my queue on.

#11 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

.... A pretty trustworthy community over there.

Of course, many of them are CAGs! ;)

#12 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

Over the past two years Goozex has fallen to to a point where I currently wouldn't openly endorse their website to new traders.

If the new owners revamp the website by updating the algorithm (certain game point values are extremely off), listening to their community, and stimulating the horribly state of their point economy (maybe buy back points from users or offer things to eat up points from users) then maybe the site could have a comeback.

At this time there are so many users who have very little incentive to trade games into the system since they are already stocked with thousands of points and nothing to spend them on.

A new user trying to get in the goozex game now would have a uphill battle to get anything of value with so many other users already waiting in line.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#13 masterledz

masterledz

CAG in the machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:33 AM

Based on my own experience, their support/customer service team is worthless. Escalations or trade disputes (if a transaction results in negative feedback) to Goozex go unanswered for more than 3 weeks. I've since moved on to 99 Gamers, GameTZ, and here :)

#14 monkeysez

monkeysez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

Goozex has been in the pits for the past two years. I used all my points last year and haven't looked back.

#15 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

put up 3,000 pts in junk movies why not burn them when the trades r free

if im matched i still have 9500 pts
WOOOO I STINK

#16 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

I have about 7 pages of active requests, nothing has really moved latley.....

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#17 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

Used to trade on Goozex when they first came out, but the whole "you have to pay us this much for this service" thing was always a turnoff for me. Trade tokens for everything and points on top of that made it more of a hassle than the site was worth. I typically stuck with promotions only, signing up at different times to get free games.

I might log in and give the new site a go. It's been a good 3 years since I even used it, so who knows?
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#18 Bill Mcdougal

Bill Mcdougal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:38 AM

I have about 7 pages of active requests, nothing has really moved latley.....

Same here. I don't share the opinion of those that are upset about having to pay for trade tokens, but definitely see a problem with the supply of traded in games.

Which is why I think this particular promotion isn't super useful. They should worry less about convincing people to pay points to get a game and more about convincing people to actually trade their games in for points.

PrizeRebel: Get FREE Microsoft Points or games games for filling out forms! (use an email addy made for spam)
I've earned over $375 in free stuff so far!
SwagBucks: EASIEST one - Free stuff for using their search engine!
I've ordered over $550 in Amazon.com credit so far!

mcdougalsig.jpg

#19 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:54 AM

The site moved pretty fast early on, but I got stuck with 1500 points that cant be used on anything since nothing moves at all. I've been 50th in the queue for several games for example a year ago and am now 48th.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#20 Hybrid5006

Hybrid5006

White Trash Ballin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:08 AM

Too much inflation on the points... I remember "flipping" $10 games into 1000 points. Luckily I got out and spent all my points before the "crash". No body is putting their games up on there anymore.

#21 3rdamention

3rdamention

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

There is nothing available right now, that is what I hate. No Blu Rays, No Vita Games, no PS3 Games. There are like 5 PS3 Games available right now and they are all old sports games. That was my problem with Goozex, you have to be really lucky to get anything remotely new or awesome, because nobody trades things that are remotely new or awesome.

I used to get old PS2 games and got pretty lucky on a few, but there needs to be more incentive to trading new release games. AND, you should only be able to add a few New Release Games to your want list at a time.

#22 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

The fall of Goozex started when the tart in charge started selling points. They were taking money, and giving away absolutely nothing. They flooded their own market with their own made up currency.

16Z462z.jpg

#23 Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

The promotion doesn't make much sense considering DEMAND is higher than supply and the point values are still overly inflated. Still, I have to give the new CEO credit since he's at least trying to do something unlike the former CEO who kept making "Changes coming soon!" posts every couple of months that were unfulfilled.

#24 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

I used this a few years ago around when the ps2 was ending it's reign (around when persona 3 was out and such) and it was quite a healthy site for a lot of stuff. Got many ps2 games and such. Sad to see it go down....but oh well it's the way of the points and lack of supply!

#25 WRXKayaker

WRXKayaker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:04 AM

A few years ago, Goozex was a good resource for older games and the occasional newer game. I cashed out about a year ago when it began to really crash. The owners had no sense of what a stable economy requires. Their selling of points and failure to adjust point values based on retail sales killed it.

Currently Playing:   :pc: Batman: Arkham Origins     :ps3: Far Cry 3

Recently Completed:    :pc: Bioshock Infinite   :ps3: GTA V

Steam Profile

#26 Skulles

Skulles

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

I have had a bunch of games on my list for over a year and I still have never gotten a thing.

#27 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

Too little too late. I used to love that site but it barely gets traffic and my queue barely moves. I have one credit left and 1000 points and hoping to eventually get rid of it and move on from there.
Posted Image

#28 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:43 AM

Goozex is pretty dead at the moment from what I can see.

There's a huge stock pile of points but no worthwhile items to spend said points on.

Just go ahead and browse through the "Available" titles and you'll see what I mean. It first started going down hill when they started selling points for money straight up and then discounted the cost of points during promotions and etc. The need for tokens to trade stuff hasn't done them any favors for people wanting to trade and the things you can get with those points now are so limited to the point I really have no idea how they can turn it around.

I stopped using Goozex a few years ago instead opting to sell on Glyde/Amazon Marketplace if I feel the want to get rid of some games.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#29 chargeup45

chargeup45

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:46 AM

The new regime is just getting started so hopefully more changes are coming.

This was a fantastic site for a long time, must have traded dozens of games one way or another here. I have a couple of games to dump off so I'll probably trade here just to help get the system going again.

#30 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:52 AM

forgot about this site just logged on and I have 850 points...

According to games available list for xbox I can either choose madden 06 or any OXM disc I want cool.