Code of Princess $29.99 at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Traitorious

Traitorious

Shunts to the face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

Amazon has knocked $10 of the price of Code of Princess (still seems to be $39.99 everywhere else) for the 3DS.
http://www.amazon.co...ode of princess

#2 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

is this going to be rare? does it come with the soundtrack?

#3 granturismo

granturismo

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

I'd bite at 19.99

Edited by granturismo, 01 January 2013 - 06:34 PM.

#4 therealdeal19

therealdeal19

GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

Let me consult my magic 8-ball.

Just kidding, but seriously, it's a crap shoot. It can go either way; however, it does say Atlus on the box and it is a niche game for a handheld console. I've been contemplating on this every time it dropped to $29.99 but I think I will take my chance for at least $19.99.

516078.png
TheHolyPickle.jpg

#5 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

It's a decent game, but it's not terribly long and it gets repetitive fairly quickly.

oIi9lub.png

#6 Tom Ato

Tom Ato

Vine Ripened

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

It's been $30 for a while now. As I lover of Guardian Heroes, I was pretty disappointed. I didn't touch the multiplayer though, maybe that's where the fun was?
Like video games and bad writing? Then buy my book! Only $.99 for kindle!

http://www.amazon.co...tmm_pap_title_0

#7 Ryouko

Ryouko

Where's my danish?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

I've played this game for awhile now, and it's just okay. The voice acting is pretty cringe worthy, sadly. The gameplay is also way too linear for my taste.

#8 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

Maybe if it was a good game it would be harder to get.

$20 is a safe bet. $15 is my mark.

#9 Traitorious

Traitorious

Shunts to the face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

Rare, dunno about that (even though it says Atlus on the box.) I don't see the promotional blurb on the item page anymore, so I guess it's probably leaning towards no soundtrack included at this point.

#10 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

Yeah, I think I would give it a shot at 20, as it has a few cool extras and may be rare at some point. 20 or lower is a good gamble point, as I'm sure it will always be worth at least that.

#11 GatekeeperLamb

GatekeeperLamb

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

This game has terrible framerate issues when things get busy (most of the time), that's enough to make me regret a purchase.

#12 btwhitehouse

btwhitehouse

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

Everyone seems to be saying the game is just decent, and that's the vibe I was getting from previews and reviews. I think I might be on the 20 dollar train as well, way too many great games coming up for the 3ds to buy anything I'm not really going to play.

#13 rawrker

rawrker

Supreme Llama Tickler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

Everyone seems to be saying the game is just decent, and that's the vibe I was getting from previews and reviews. I think I might be on the 20 dollar train as well, way too many great games coming up for the 3ds to buy anything I'm not really going to play.

I got it the day it came out, as I wanted to be sure I got the soundtrack and such. Its an enjoyable game, but not one that will keep you going back to especially after you finish. $20 is definately the best point to buy it at, and I can see it dropping as Amazon seems to have a lot of stock including of the first run prints with the soundtrack.

#14 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

It's fun, but it does indeed get repetitive fairly quickly.

Also, the block button is your best friend.

#15 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

Waits for $20-ish. Hope amazon have new year or after new year sale ;)
"Evil is Funs"

#16 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

I want this, but I want it for $20. Can it just hurry up and reach $20 already!!! lol

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#17 MakenX

MakenX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:20 AM

I bought one Sunday for a late Xmas gift, came today with artbook and music CD - so they still have them, for those on the fence.

TBH, I was expecting more from the game but it's fun for a while. I also bought it at launch for $40 and I would say you'd be better off waiting for $20 to make it more "worthwhile" for the price.

#18 Bent 00

Bent 00

Show me ya moves!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:52 AM

I'm selling my LE copy for $29.00 shipped. CML for pics.

#19 ismegamanthere

ismegamanthere

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

$20 is a good price for this game. I bought it day 1 as I love Atlus and I honestly thought this game was going to be incredibly rare (seems like games don't really become rare in this day and age though), and I was somewhat disappointed. I put around 9 and a half hours into this before stopping completely. I believe I finished the game in 5 and a half hours but wanted to try out other characters. As others have said, this game gets extremely repetitive and the voice acting is downright unbearable. However, you don't exactly play a game like this for the voice acting. Regardless of that fact, this game won't be rare and it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see this game at $20 fairly soon.
Gamertag for... everything: ismegamanthere

#20 Ekkebus

Ekkebus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

I actually just bought the game on Christmas because I had an Amazon gift card. It showed up yesterday and did indeed still include the soundtrack and art book despite them not being listed on the Amazon page.

#21 Rhife

Rhife

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

I'm with others on waiting for a 20-15 price point. Especially with the backlog of other RPGs to go through.

#22 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

20 is my buying price too....seems like an aight game but backlog is massive...and yeah.

#23 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Well, I ordered the game 3 days ago because people were saying they got the boxset version with the soundtrack or whatever, and mine arrived today as the normal vanilla version. If I would have known that, I would have waited for a sub-$20 price like others. Oh well............