Is the USB hub worth it?
Posted Image

#4 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

Is the USB hub worth it?

I would say yes due to the extra USB cables included. I was going to buy this, but I already have two USB cables along with the PS3 charger so I'm set.

#5 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

What I want is a nice USB hub for the PS3 itself. I have a Move and DS3 charging stand already, plus the old AC USB adapter Sony made with 2 USB ports. The issue I have is wireless pereipherals that use dongles.

I am looking at your plastic instruments and PS3 Eye...

I know I can use almost any USB hub out there for this, but I want one that looks nice and matches the PS3. Any opinions?

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#6 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

What I want is a nice USB hub for the PS3 itself. I have a Move and DS3 charging stand already, plus the old AC USB adapter Sony made with 2 USB ports. The issue I have is wireless pereipherals that use dongles.

I am looking at your plastic instruments and PS3 Eye...

I know I can use almost any USB hub out there for this, but I want one that looks nice and matches the PS3. Any opinions?

Something like this might meet your needs:

http://www.amazon.co...rds=ps3 usb hub

I don't have it myself, but it has great reviews. There are plenty of similar options out there too.

#7 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

The issue with that one is it really only adds 2 USB ports for a total of 4 over the 2 I have. Not terrible, but not really worth the $12 IMO.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#8 BetaDemo

BetaDemo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Quick! Somebody tell cheapy about this.
Posted Image

#9 ohscaryone

ohscaryone

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Can the hub be used as a stand alone charger or does it have to be connected to the PS3? I would like to put that on my table next to my chair to keep the controllers at arms length if possible. It looks like it will work stand alone but the description doesn't really specify nor do any of the reviews.

#10 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

Thanks OP!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#11 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

it looks like it could connect to anything, as i usually charge my controllers at my laptop table.
also yeah, cheapy d always hates on ps3 controllers cuz they don't have replaceable batteries, but i have had nothing but positive experiences with the dual shock 3's. I know lots of 360 friends that run out of batteries and are screwed, but as long as you have 2 ds3s you should be good. thnx op

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#12 htz

htz

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

Can the hub be used as a stand alone charger or does it have to be connected to the PS3? I would like to put that on my table next to my chair to keep the controllers at arms length if possible. It looks like it will work stand alone but the description doesn't really specify nor do any of the reviews.

I'm guessing it does since it comes with an AC adapter. You could always return it to Best Buy if it doesn't work as planned.

#13 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

I'll probably grab the stand for the Vita.

Will be nice to use while I'm watching Zero Escape.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#14 ohscaryone

ohscaryone

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

I'm guessing it does since it comes with an AC adapter. You could always return it to Best Buy if it doesn't work as planned.

I bought one today and tried it. It does not charge the controllers with the wall adapter plugged in by itself. Just an FYI if anyone else was wanting it as a stand alone charger for controllers and phones etc.

#15 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

wait what's the point of the wall adapter if it doesn't charge on its own?

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#16 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

Bow before my old school 80gb PS3 lol.

#17 ohscaryone

ohscaryone

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

No clue. I was able to charge the phone but the controller wouldn't work in any of the USB slots so I packed it back up and will be returning when I go back into town. My hope was to have an all in one charger on the table so I didn't have to get my lazy butt off the chair when I am playing games/watching TV.

#18 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

umm agreed. Are you sure yours isn't just defective? It clearly states in the features that its supposed to charge/let you use controllers and stuff like that wen plugged in

This seems utterly pointless if it doesn't charge when plugged in
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#19 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

Was really interested in the charger because I got a official bluetooth PS3 mic which uses the same charging cable as the controllers and I am constantly unplugging it to plug in other stuff. Ugh, if the PS3 just had ONE more USB port.

But it seems I'll wait after hearing these posts.

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: The Last of Us Remastered, Murdered: Soul Suspect, The Wolf Among Us

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)

#20 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:24 AM

well i already ordered for instore pickup. if it doesn't charge off the wall/ac adaptor i will bring it back tho, cuz that's kinda pointless. i guess i could have it hooked into ps3 always, but that looks a lil ghetto. idk, but why would they pack it if it didnt do anything. i bet you got a defective one and should return/replace it, but thanks for the heads up. now i won't let it sit there for months without trying it out.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#21 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

Thanks OP! I got the media stand for my new vita :)

#22 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

Just picked one up.

Thanks OP!!

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#23 kiddy_pride

kiddy_pride

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

i also ordered one. i will be returning it if it doesnt work the way i thought it would.

#24 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

Well guess we'll have to see how it works when it gets here, im having it shipped to me even though its avalible for in store pickup.

Just a heads up, that media stands kinda worthless but it seems to have one of the official vita screen wipes. Which if they're like the PSP ones are VERY nice high quality microfiber cloths.
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#25 htz

htz

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

Well guess we'll have to see how it works when it gets here, im having it shipped to me even though its avalible for in store pickup.

Just a heads up, that media stands kinda worthless but it seems to have one of the official vita screen wipes. Which if they're like the PSP ones are VERY nice high quality microfiber cloths.

I ordered the media stand bundle mainly for the wrist strap. I already have the official vita cradle so no need for the stand.

#26 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

Wow, the USB has been on clearance for sometime in my area it's $9

#27 ohscaryone

ohscaryone

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

well i already ordered for instore pickup. if it doesn't charge off the wall/ac adaptor i will bring it back tho, cuz that's kinda pointless. i guess i could have it hooked into ps3 always, but that looks a lil ghetto. idk, but why would they pack it if it didnt do anything. i bet you got a defective one and should return/replace it, but thanks for the heads up. now i won't let it sit there for months without trying it out.

Try it out and let me know. I have 30 days to return so if yours works Ill do an exchange instead of refund.

#28 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

The media stand has three different colors, is there any way to select the red/blue ones?

#29 ArmorForVictor

ArmorForVictor

| (• ◡•) | (ʋ❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Anyone who has the PS3 hub it does connect to the PS3 right? I see it has 4 ports on the front, but does it have one on the rear to use to connect to the PS3 itself? I have a hub on my slim I use to plug in flash drives with video to watch on my PS3 this one looks nicer and matches the slim I don't care about it charging stuff off the outlet.
Posted Image
:3ds: 3DS Friend Code - 2466-1424-5777 (PM me yours if you add me :wave:)

#30 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

Anyone who has the PS3 hub it does connect to the PS3 right? I see it has 4 ports on the front, but does it have one on the rear to use to connect to the PS3 itself? I have a hub on my slim I use to plug in flash drives with video to watch on my PS3 this one looks nicer and matches the slim I don't care about it charging stuff off the outlet.

how else would it connect to the ps3?!?!