Photo
- - - - -

Possible Gamestop Restock Online on Rarer Titles - Dokapon Kingdom (Wii), etc.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 KishPrime

KishPrime

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

Not exactly a deal, but been keeping an eye out for a copy of Dokapon Kingdom for Wii for awhile and it's back in stock on Gamestop.com, as well as another rarer Wii title I'd been keeping an eye on (Dragon Ball Z Tenkaichi 2 for Wii, believe it or not).

Since both are usually pretty hard to find, thought I'd post it up here, since possibly other rare titles may also have come back in stock.

Happy New Year!

http://www.gamestop....n-kingdom/72276

#2 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Sorry to nitpick, but you mean Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for Wii, correct?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/18]: :vita: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3 KishPrime

KishPrime

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

Nope, 2. Was a launch title and I think it had a small run.

http://www.gamestop....hi-2-used/63877

3 is available as well, but I don't know if it usually is.

#4 r00kie

r00kie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Im poretty sure Dokapon Kingdom got a reprint.

#5 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Tenkaichi 3 is better for Wii.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#6 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

Nope, 2. Was a launch title and had a small run.

http://www.gamestop....hi-2-used/63877

It must not be that sought after, it fetches about $15-20 used on ebay (which I'll admit it is a bit more than I expected), but BT3 still fetches a good $40-50 used last time I checked.

Personally I'd suggest holding out for a reprint or finding a cheap copy of BT3.

#7 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

Strange, I saw Dokapon Kingdom at a Gamestop not too long ago.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#8 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

I got Dokapon Kingdom on PS2 for like 5 bucks, any reason to get the Wii one instead?

#9 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

Oh, Gamestop pre-owned. Blech. Not worthy of my shelf space.

/snob

lol

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#10 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

I got Dokapon Kingdom on PS2 for like 5 bucks, any reason to get the Wii one instead?

Wii version has 480p and wide screen, ps2 has neither. Wii a bit easier to get four players in there with wireless controllers.

cagSig.png515886.png

#11 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

Every GameStop within 100 miles of me has both games in stock. Maybe it's just rare on the website.

#12 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

If there was a reprint, I wonder if it would be worth waiting this out. Seems like it'll get to around the $15 range because of this if its the case.

#13 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

If there was a reprint, I wonder if it would be worth waiting this out. Seems like it'll get to around the $15 range because of this if its the case.

I hope so... I want the game, but not for over $20. It might be wishful thinking but... whatever.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#14 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

If it got a reprint, you'd think we'd see new copies for less than $100, unless they haven't hit shelves yet.

I've been waiting for a price drop on this... although it's semi-rare most of the gamestops around me have 1-2 used copies. I may cave soon and pick one up.

#15 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:18 AM

Tenkaichi 3 is better for Wii.

This. Somehow, the motion controls on this were handled far better than the god awful DBZ for Kinect.

#16 Darshminder

Darshminder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

I have a brand new copy of "Dragon Ball Z Tenkaichi 2 for Wii" that I was hoping to dump for a decent price. I'm also willing to trade for popular/rare SNES & N64 cartridges and/or complete Genesis games. PM me if anyone is interested.

#17 kobberbean

kobberbean

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

it looks like a reprint.... i think the only difference is a colored disc art.

#18 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

I'm tempted to get Dokapon Kingdom and Final Fantasy Fables Chocobo's Dungeon (which was also another newer online restock item), and use the combined CAG16 and SAVER codes for 16% off and free shipping on orders over $25. I've noticed that the Ebay price for Dokapon has dipped down to about $30-40, though you do get to actually inspect the condition before you buy it.

EDIT: Just as I was typing this, Chocobo's Dungeon is now unavailable online...

#19 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Every GameStop within 100 miles of me has both games in stock. Maybe it's just rare on the website.

Which is exactly why this was likely a reprint. Before recently it was really hard to find these in stores.

#20 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Dokapon Kingdom is pretty fun.

Can be friendship killer, though. :lol:

#21 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Why thing I never get is why GS guts their reprints, instead of selling them as new. Or maybe, that's how GS orders them to save a few bucks...

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#22 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

Why thing I never get is why GS guts their reprints, instead of selling them as new. Or maybe, that's how GS orders them to save a few bucks...

Trying to understand Gamestop is trying to understand why a dog eats his own feces.

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: D4: Season 1 [X1], inFAMOUS: First Light [PS4], Metro Last Light Redux [PS4]

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)

#23 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Bought the online restock of Bully: Scholarship Edition and it arrived today and to my shock and awe it was in like brand new condition. Artwork, Manual, Poster, everything.

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: D4: Season 1 [X1], inFAMOUS: First Light [PS4], Metro Last Light Redux [PS4]

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)

#24 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Trying to understand Gamestop is trying to understand why a dog eats his own feces.

Bought the online restock of Bully: Scholarship Edition and it arrived today and to my shock and awe it was in like brand new condition. Artwork, Manual, Poster, everything.

... Which is why I asked why they don't get new/sealed copies of these reprints.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#25 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

... Which is why I asked why they don't get new/sealed copies of these reprints.

I know that. Hence why I was agreeing with you.

Anyways, my copy of Bully seems brand new even though It said pre-owned on the site. The disc had no imperfections, the manual had that "new" smell, and it even had that long xbox sticker on the side of the case where you open it. Only thing missing was shrink wrap.

komentra.png card.png

#26 DarkPGR

DarkPGR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

They probably removed the new version from their system and instead of readding a 3-4 year old game, they just have the reprints marked as used.

I will go to GameStop and see if they have Dokapon sealed. I have the PS2 version and love it, wouldn't mind having one that works on my Wii U xD
Posted ImagePosted Image